March 2015 Moms
Options

Vaccines...yes or no?

2»

Answers

• Options
    Yes to vaccines. My decision is unaffected by all of the quack job doctors who have published non-peer reviewed "research" for lotzzza cash.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Peledreamsofrain‌ - beautifully said.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• Options
    i would take into account what your doc says and research both the good and bad about vacinnating...even info from other countries who don't necessarily follow the US protocol. and then decide yourselves what you feel is right for your child...IMO you can't go wrong since at that point you're making the most educated decision for your family...no matter what happens later on down the road.
  • Options
    My FSIL is against vaccines, one of her sons is autistic. Vaccines, including everything else known to man, she's against and is positive caused her son's autism. I don't want to judge her because I can't imagine how difficult it is for her but when she tried to persuade FI to not get our kid vaccinated, it took everything to keep my mouth shut until we were alone. Modern medicine is a great thing, don't let your kids be unvaccinated!
  • Options
    broadsbroads member
    edited January 2015
    Yes of course I will be vaccinating my child.  I have even asked close family members that will be around the baby to have their Tdap updated.  

Here is a nice article poking fun at the mentality of anti-vax to car seats.  Enjoy!
  • Options
    Dr Sears does not equal anti-vac.  My understanding was he supports delay vaccinations.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Birth is safe as life gets - Harriette Hartigan

• Options
    We vaccinate our chikdren and they are rairly sick.
    So pro vaccines here.
  • Options
    I am hesitant about some of the newer vaccines (even for myself), but things like MMR and TDAP have been around for so long that I'm much more comfortable with them. For me, the risk of my baby getting sick, or me getting the flu while prego outweighed the slight chance that there could be a complication from the vaccine. If you're nervous though, talk to medical professionals and don't just believe what you read on the Internet, especially when it comes to vaccines.
  • Options
    Not on the fence. We will vaccinate. I choose life, thanks.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers photo 401ba615-b560-419d-8272-b89fb96034ec.pngphoto sushilovers.png

• Options
    Do it!!!
  • Options
    To help moms make a fully informed decision, I would like to share my personal experience. I am in my 50's so I was a child during the time of no vaccines for childhood diseases. I contracted measles, mumps, rubella (German measles) and chicken pox. I was in first grade. Because of the illnesses, I lost weeks of school. Which in first grade was very hard to make up. Even though I was very young, the illnesses were all so uncomfortable that I still remember them to this day. For measles,(since this is the one in the media today), I had a terrible rash, felt so ill, and the light hurt my eyes ( I had to lay in a dark room). Also, some friends of mine had more severe reactions. One became blind from chicken pox. One developed rheumatic heart disease from a strept infection. She could no longer play outside or do sports. Pregnant women were also at risk for complications. The mother of one of my friends contracted rubella while pregnant and her daughter was born with mental retardation and deafness. So the development of vaccines has been a blessing. Just because you personally don't have any experience with these illnesses and just because they are called "childhood disease" do not take them lightly.
  • Options
    We will be vaccinating baby, but just spreading the vaccinations out a little more so they don't overwhelm his neurological system.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Mama to Rowan Sebastian and baby boy coming in April!

• Options
    OP, posts like this are always going to bring in drama on these forums. People read too far or not enough. I would stick with talking to family about it or your doctor. And I personally am vaccinating my child.
  • Options
    I am pro vaccination!! The percentages of the studies with abnormal results is low. But think of it this way. If you choose to not vaccinate your child you are essentially allowing them to isolated. When I picked a pediatrician I specifically asked if they see patients who opt out of vaccines. He said no so I then decided he was my pediatrician. Have you seen the news lately?!? Measles outbreak galore. I sure as heck wouldn't want to be responsible for allowing my child to spread such a horrible (and potentially deadly) disease!

I'm sorry you are not getting the advice you wanted but this is a topic that was literally asking for opinions. And most people pro-vaccine are going to think you are foolish to do other wise.
  • Options
    I did go back and forth for a little bit. When I was younger I worked at a life care center that housed disabled children and young adults. One of the children had a bad reaction to her school vaccines and will now spend her life in a wheelchair, unable to talk, walk, feed herself or anything.. I will think about that girl till the day I die. That is awful and horrible but I will still Vaccinate my Daughter.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"