September 2012 Moms

Tuesday Talk

Re: Tuesday Talk

• @BPer sorry to hear you are having a rough couple of weeks - hopefully the new year will turn things around for you!!

Is your home owners insurance going to pay for the pipe burst?  I ask as my parents had the same thing happen last year right after Christmas in their fully finished basement.  They ended up with about a half a foot of water covering the floor (as my parents were away when it happened too).  Every was ruined but it turned out to a blessing in disguise as they found some mold and ended up tearing everything out and replacing it for them under their insurance.  So maybe this could work out for you, even though it might take some time or inconvenience to fix.  it could be the chance to pick a new paint color or change things up....
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Loading the player...
  • @redneckmomma25 I wish we lived closer together.  I'd take a day and have Grace come over to play with W and it would make my day easier because they'd entertain each other. 

Your appointment sounds like my previous practice.  I can't even tell you how much happier I am with my new one.  They get me in and out in 15 minutes, the old place it was 2 hours every time.  Hopefully they will get their shit together by your next appointment!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • @bper DUDE, I am so sorry :(  I feel sick about your house on your behalf! 

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • kelbel527 said:
    During lunch I like to stalk my big kid because they have webcams at his pre-K.  He's been struggling at nap, so it's a good time to check in to see if he's behaving.  

I am currently watching him pick his nose.  Ugh.  That kid is gross.
    Maya is the grossest nose picker.  She plays with the boogers between her fingers and eats them.   :-&
  • I will totally take advantage of my Sister taking Grace for at least a weekend or two before Jed arrives.  MIL wants to take G for the morning on Saturday which is good. I need to bring a whole bunch of stuff for donation which is hard to do with Grace. 

Hopefully the nursery will be painted this week. Then we need to go buy all the furniture. MIL wants to go to ikea with me which is fine but then I need someone to take Grace for at least a half a day since it's 2 hours each direction. 

I feel like I'm so behind on stuff but I don't think I am. Just a lot to do going forward. 
  • @hmp1 out of all of those things, I think the herringbone is the only 'classic.'  Well, gold will always come and go.  I love arrows but it goes back to my love of art deco, so I'll just stick to more classic art deco to satisfy that.

Oh, one thing that is annoying the SHIT out of me - prints with sayings, like, if EVERYTHING in your house is a quote, holy cow.  Says the person who bought 3 'word' prints last week.  But man, you gotta sprinkle some plain wordless visual art somewhere in there.  It's nauseating to me at Hobby Lobby, TJMaxx, etc. 

• @bper I'm sorry about all your anxiety! And the house stuff really sucks! That cannot help at all. 
  • If I ever build a house, I will do herringbone floors, my master bathroom with gold fixtures, and the main floor level stair newels with custom art deco pattern carvings.  To me, those things are like textured linen fabrics - Classic, and I love them and they will never ever go out of style to me even it they generally go out of style.  Also, guess I need to make mo' money for all these things I can't afford.  :p

• @hmp1 out of all of those things, I think the herringbone is the only 'classic.'  Well, gold will always come and go.  I love arrows but it goes back to my love of art deco, so I'll just stick to more classic art deco to satisfy that.

Oh, one thing that is annoying the SHIT out of me - prints with sayings, like, if EVERYTHING in your house is a quote, holy cow.  Says the person who bought 3 'word' prints last week.  But man, you gotta sprinkle some plain wordless visual art somewhere in there.  It's nauseating to me at Hobby Lobby, TJMaxx, etc. 
    I have one of those in Leo's room and even that was a stretch for me. I really just needed something orange and it fit the space. And guess where I got it....TJMaxx! It's like the vinyl sticker sayings from years past. Ugg. 

I was thinking about this awesome leather and feather Indian wall hanging my Grandparents have had in the family room for like 50+ years and how awesome it would look in our playroom. That is something I jumped on the bandwagon about because tribal stuff is all over their house and not something I ever coveted until recently.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Oh, one thing that is annoying the SHIT out of me - prints with sayings, like, if EVERYTHING in your house is a quote, holy cow.  Says the person who bought 3 'word' prints last week.  But man, you gotta sprinkle some plain wordless visual art somewhere in there.  It's nauseating to me at Hobby Lobby, TJMaxx, etc. 
    My brother made me a few of these for our future boy's bathroom.  I think they're cute, but I don't want to do the whole house in them either.

I have a feeling you and @hmp1 would probably dislike my decorating style.  ;)  I'm not good at the visual stuff though.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Newt69Newt69 member
    edited January 2015
    kelbel527 said:
    Newt69 said:

tomorrow is a conference day for the district and my dept usually has it off but they didn't do a mandatory workshop in Sept so now we have to work an entire day just for a 30min training/workshop...BOO!!!

DS' new bed comes today, hopefully he will start sleeping. ( one can hope and pray right)

Sounds like a good day to get more bump time in!  :)
    I like how you think @kelbel527
  • Grace wanted string cheese and tomatoes for lunch. I wasn't going to say no. 

I had my 1 hr GTT as some of you saw on IG. The test was fine but the offices were crazy. Two huge groups just merged. These groups were huge before they merged. Now the group covers westchester, putnam and dutchess counties in NY. This like a 100 mile radius.  My orders were never placed for my test. I needed to drink the drink before 9am...I drank it at 9:25. My MW appt was at 10 am. I got done with the test at 10:25 and wasn't checked in to my appt until 10:40. offices are 10 feet apart. Not like I had to drive anywhere. Finally saw the MW at 11:15. Crazy. Everything looks great so far. Won't hear results for a few days. But that was pretty frustrating. Dh happened to get switched to second shift so he was home but I was supposed to be home by 11 at the latest. I had a woman coming to get stuff at 11:45, she came early. Grace thought it was me so she cried until I got home. DH had no idea that someone was coming to get stuff so he was super frustrated. He doesn't handle stuff like that well. This morning was just a mess. I was at the dr. office from 8:50 to 11:20. 

my house is such a disaster. I keep trying to organize but I can't complete any task without Dh's help it feels like and he doesn't understand why it's urgent for me to complete something so it takes forever to cross something off my list. I just need a weekend with out Grace and with someone to help me. It's nice to dream. 
    I will totally come down kidless and help you :)
  • kelbel527 said:

I have a feeling you and @hmp1 would probably dislike my decorating style.  ;)  I'm not good at the visual stuff though.
    LOL - What's funny is that I have a very specific taste, but my house is zero percent decorated except for W's room (I half way finished it), soon the baby's room, and one painting hanging in my living room.  If you look at it I never finished the painting (he has one unfinished ear).  So trust me, your house is better decorated than mine haha! 

I'm kind of too cheap to decorate.  This isn't my forever home so I just don't really care.

• @bobkat22 shake it off!  It's over - yay!  Sorry you had to deal with that!  I'm glad for the good news for your husband.  What does he do?  I know it's affected by the gas situation, right?

@bper Glad their ins will cover it.  Sigh.

@hmp1 OMG I would die to see the rest of the house.  I feel like I know exactly what I would build right now.  DH wants to move in the next 2 years, I'd rather wait 4 and have more money even though we want out of this neighborhood and closer to my job.

• I just are an embarrassing amount of sour gummy candy. I need to stop being a stress eater.

@redneckmomma25‌, my brother lives in Westchester county. I had no idea you were in or near there. For some reason, I thought you were much further north.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think I have to FF Winn in both cars. 

DH has an extended cab Silverado.  The Diono Radian is behind the pass seat and my knees touch the dash.  The Britax B-Safe won't fit behind DH's seat without moving it up significantly.

My car is a Scion XB and the B-safe won't fit behind my driver's seat without me moving my seat up, and the Combi Coccoro despite being tiny won't fit without me scooting my seat up.  I mean, I'm short.  DH would definitely never be able to drive my car unless we FF the Combi.

Thoughts?

• kelbel527 said:

LOL - What's funny is that I have a very specific taste, but my house is zero percent decorated except for W's room (I half way finished it), soon the baby's room, and one painting hanging in my living room.  If you look at it I never finished the painting (he has one unfinished ear).  So trust me, your house is better decorated than mine haha! 

I'm kind of too cheap to decorate.  This isn't my forever home so I just don't really care.
    Same! My house is noway decorated in what I would love. It is pretty blah right now. I don't have anything hanging in our formal dining except a picture I just put up when we moved in and it looks terrible but I really want to invest in some good art for that room and can't bring myself to buy something else. And same for the family room wall hangings. These are inexpensive things I have had for ever and really want to replace but can't pull the trigger. Our couch is just a filler until we no longer have our cat as he destroyed the only couch I have paid over $1k for in less than 6 months :( I also want a nice patterned carpet in the family room but again, something not being paid for anytime soon.
    I have this dream that once the kids are out of daycare, I will be willing to drop money on the house stuff.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• melody921 said:
    I just are an embarrassing amount of sour gummy candy. I need to stop being a stress eater. @redneckmomma25‌, my brother lives in Westchester county. I had no idea you were in or near there. For some reason, I thought you were much further north.
    I'm an hour from Westchester, hour and a half from the city. 
  • kelbel527 said:

BPer said:

I have had a straight up shitty couple of weeks.

I finally made an appointment with a psychologist for my anxiety/OCD, in conjunction with meds I'm currently on prescribed by my GP.  After about 20 minutes, she more or less said I was too far off the deep end for her services, and she was referring me to a psychiatrist.

I felt better after a week of vacation, but as some of you may have seen on IG, a pipe burst in our attic while we were on vacation, and leaked water through the second floor ceiling, down the walls in the master bedroom, through the first floor ceiling, and we had standing water on our hardwood floors on the first level.

I kind of feel like I cannot catch a fucking break.

...sorry, that's a lot to unload after not being around for a few weeks.

That is rough!  Ugh, ((hugs)).  I hope the universe cuts you a break.

Hope the house is ok!  And FX that the psychiatrist can get you in and get you the support you need.  

And I must not be following you on IG.  Are you willing to share your IG name so I can stalk your house?  (and you're cute kids ;))

I dont think I am following you either. I'm bevin921 if you want to add me

• melody921 said:
    BPer said:
    I have had a straight up shitty couple of weeks.

I finally made an appointment with a psychologist for my anxiety/OCD, in conjunction with meds I'm currently on prescribed by my GP.  After about 20 minutes, she more or less said I was too far off the deep end for her services, and she was referring me to a psychiatrist.

I felt better after a week of vacation, but as some of you may have seen on IG, a pipe burst in our attic while we were on vacation, and leaked water through the second floor ceiling, down the walls in the master bedroom, through the first floor ceiling, and we had standing water on our hardwood floors on the first level.

I kind of feel like I cannot catch a fucking break.

...sorry, that's a lot to unload after not being around for a few weeks.
    That is rough!  Ugh, ((hugs)).  I hope the universe cuts you a break.

Hope the house is ok!  And FX that the psychiatrist can get you in and get you the support you need.  

And I must not be following you on IG.  Are you willing to share your IG name so I can stalk your house?  (and you're cute kids ;))
    I dont think I am following you either. I'm bevin921 if you want to add me
    Requested you.

• My boss just called.  Told me that she thought about it and she just can't let me go part time.  Never went to HR with it, just decided that with the focus the college is putting on advising, it's just not a good time to ask.  Let's forget about the fact that the college is also looking to save money everywhere possible....

Then she got all butthurt when I told her that yes, I had been looking.  Are you f-ing kidding me?  I came to you with this 8 months ago.  What did you think I was going to do?  Just sit around and wait for you to make up your mind?

Then she says "You know, there's just so many of you guys with kids that would want to go part time if I let you, that I just can't let one person do it."  So that's the real reason.  

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• @hmp1 I used to balls out decorate my apartments every time I got a new one, which was like every year.  Where did I get that energy or motivation?

Another thing is that I love houses with character.  I feel like my house needs to be 10 years older to have that character, so I'm uninspired.  DH doesn't want me to paint anything, and the whole house is tan.  If the whole house were a gray base I would be more excited about decorating. 

Plus YES with the animals (and kids) that destroy things.  What's the point?  I mean, I finally got rid of 60s couch in my living room because it was uncomfortable.  The burnt orange and puke green looked lovely with my floral Pier 1 chair. 

Plus, besides the dog that pees in the house (we've been crating him since Stanley Steemer came), I have one other secret.  My dining room is the place where things go to get stacked and die.  We have it gated off so the dog can't go in there and ruin the wood floors, but that means things just get put in there.  Ugh. 

• Then she says "You know, there's just so many of you guys with kids that would want to go part time if I let you, that I just can't let one person do it."  So that's the real reason.  
    Wow, I really can't respect that at all.  That is so dumb.  I would leave.

• DH just wants me to finish the effing kitchen that I started in August  :\">  I'm not "allowed" to start anything else until I finish. I have things coming in for James' room already that I'm just stuffing in his closet, lol. And I want to paint my banister. It is such a small project that I almost had DH on board, until he remembered the kitchen deal. I should take a couple days off and just do it all.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• What do you have left to do on the kitchen?  And what color for your banister?!

I thought of you the other day bc MIchaels had 'annie sloan' knock off paint. 

• MRoxy0628 said:
    kelbel527 said:
    I have to laugh at the number of people at our salad bar the last two weeks.  Clearly it's new year's resolution time!

And yes, I'm a total hypocrite, because I'm using the new year to get back on track with exercising.  But I just find it interesting to watch the long lines at the salad bar and water and in 2 months it will be back to the soda and burger lines.  
    This made me think of something else (and it may be an UO), but I think it's rude that people are complaining about how crowded their gyms are and how they can't get a machine, because people decided they wanted to get healthy as a new years resolution.  Someone responded to one of those comments with "Just wait a couple weeks".  I know that's probably true, but I think "you" (people who say this) look like a jerk. 

Ha ha.  I just read the rest of your paragraph that I didn't bold (after writing what's above this) and I see you're saying something similar.  You're not coming across as a jerk, because you're saying you do it too.  I guess I think if even a few people keep with it, good for them.  I would think we (as a country) would want more people to healthy. This rant was not meant to be directed at you @kelbel527.

As a constant gym goer for the past 6 years or so, I loathe January. It sucks to be thrown off your normal routine just because of a bunch of resolutioners. Am I not allowed to complain that it now takes me over an hour to complete a workout that used to take 30 minutes because I have to wait for equipment? That's nice. 

Most people complaining are making small comments to others that understand or venting on a public forum. It's not like I am walking up to someone I have never seen before and saying ' stupid resoultioner, you aren't going to stick with this anyway so just go home!' That would be rude and hurtful. But complaining when there isn't one open treadmill, totally ok.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • @hmp1 I used to balls out decorate my apartments every time I got a new one, which was like every year.  Where did I get that energy or motivation?

Another thing is that I love houses with character.  I feel like my house needs to be 10 years older to have that character, so I'm uninspired.  DH doesn't want me to paint anything, and the whole house is tan.  If the whole house were a gray base I would be more excited about decorating. 

Plus YES with the animals (and kids) that destroy things.  What's the point?  I mean, I finally got rid of 60s couch in my living room because it was uncomfortable.  The burnt orange and puke green looked lovely with my floral Pier 1 chair. 

Plus, besides the dog that pees in the house (we've been crating him since Stanley Steemer came), I have one other secret.  My dining room is the place where things go to get stacked and die.  We have it gated off so the dog can't go in there and ruin the wood floors, but that means things just get put in there.  Ugh. 
    This is exactly why DH talked me out of a few things in the new house.  I wanted to upgrade the carpet we put in the house, but DH wouldn't let me go as high as I wanted thanks to the dogs.  I know he's right, but ugh.  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• What do you have left to do on the kitchen?  And what color for your banister?!

I thought of you the other day bc MIchaels had 'annie sloan' knock off paint. 
    I have to do another coat on the top cabinets and wax them.

The banister is currently oak with white spindles and I am painting all the oak (hand rail and riser parts) black and leaving the spindles white. And eventually we will do the first flight of the stairs in black wood, right now it is carpet with just the part under the spindles as wood, if that makes sense).

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

DH has an extended cab Silverado.  The Diono Radian is behind the pass seat and my knees touch the dash.  The Britax B-Safe won't fit behind DH's seat without moving it up significantly.

My car is a Scion XB and the B-safe won't fit behind my driver's seat without me moving my seat up, and the Combi Coccoro despite being tiny won't fit without me scooting my seat up.  I mean, I'm short.  DH would definitely never be able to drive my car unless we FF the Combi.

Thoughts?
    We need to FF L in DH's car soon too. I am going to switch carseats this weekend and see if the radian works better in his car. I am mad because I just wish he had listened to me 8 years ago when we were not married and childless when he bought his 2 door car. Think about the future man! (sarcasm font). Still irritated that I have to flip her though.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh

Thoughts?
    We need to FF L in DH's car soon too. I am going to switch carseats this weekend and see if the radian works better in his car. I am mad because I just wish he had listened to me 8 years ago when we were not married and childless when he bought his 2 door car. Think about the future man! (sarcasm font). Still irritated that I have to flip her though.
    25 year old Marisa never thought I'd actually have kids, so my Carolla seemed completely practical.  Nancy has been FF since just before Cal was born.  As it stands, there can be no passengers in my car if I have the kids, because the baby car seat takes up too much room behind the passenger seat.  I just deal with Nancy kicking my seat incessently.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• I really wish I was as good with decorating as you guys are. I always feel so inadequate when you guys all talk decorating. 
  • kelbel527 said:

I really wish I was as good with decorating as you guys are. I always feel so inadequate when you guys all talk decorating. 

You're not alone.  :)

I am the worst at decorating my house. I don't even try.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"