October 2014 Moms
Options

Oh my god...I just can't....

Brooke is going on 6 hours of not eating today.  I nursed her at 6:00 and we tried a bottle since I'm back at work but working from home for a few more weeks.  She flat out refuses the bottle and now is SCREAMING and won't even calm down to breastfeed.  DH and I are losing our minds.  I'm sitting here "working" while I listen to my baby scream.  When she calms down I try to nurse, guess what....that just pisses her off and she screams again.

I don't know what to do, I'm crying so hard and DH and I are getting snippy with each other.  What the fuck do I do?
Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

Re: Oh my god...I just can't....

• Options
    Is there another way to get her to calm down? Maybe get her to snooze a little and you can try to get her to take a bottle or BF while snoozing? Maybe if you walk around you can get her to latch?? DD will do that sometimes too and looses her shit. ((hugs)) she'll eat here at some point. I know the stress you feel about it and I'm sure she can feel that you're both stressed out too. 
  • Options
    Try the other boob.

Try standing up and walking while you try to latch her.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Some cuddle time skin to skin helps Mason sometimes too.
  • Options
    Try having your hubby put her to sleep. Then once she's sleeping, sneak her on your breast and see if she'll eat half-asleep. We had to do that with my son around 6 weeks - he'd get over tired and hysterical and wouldn't eat.
  • Options
    Here is what I've tried...
    Walking
    Sitting
    Laid back
    Both boobs
    Different chairs
    Calming her down first

Haven't tried post-nap.  But she leaves in an hour for daycare.  I just don't know....
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Options
    Oh god, this sounds like a nightmare. Can you swaddle her? APurp calms almost instantly when she's swaddled, and we feed her swaddled for her last bottle of the day and the first one in the morning. 

I'm grasping at straws here. :\
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry :( Super stressful.

Have you tried standing by the clothes dryer? That usually snaps DS out of the most miserable of meltdown.
  • Options
    Emma calms down with the sound of the shower and or fan sometimes puts her to sleep too.
    Nurse in the bathroom once calm/asleep as others suggested

• Options
    It's helpful rather than offering when she calms down, to allow her to root for the breast (make it her idea), and skin to skin can help encourage her to do that.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Phew! Good luck resettling your nerves!

• Options
    I just read this!  So glad you found something that worked! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Sorry you were in the 7th level of hell!  Glad you found something that worked.

(hugs) 

wine tonight?
    I think so...and I don't even like wine (GASP!!!)
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Options
    @MrMrsandBaby SO glad all is well now!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Glad it worked out

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Oh my gosh I'm glad she latched on for a bit. This sounds truly awful!
  • Options
    I read this on mobile and didn't have time to respond.  Not that I have any useful advice, but so sorry you went through this!  Sounded awful!!  Hope it doesn't happen again but sounds like you got some good suggestions.  Hope you can treat yourself to a glass of wine/chocolate/massafge from DH...whatever cause you deserve it!
  • Options
    Day two of trying to get her to take a bottle. Pray for us!
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Options
    How did it go today?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"