Trying to Get Pregnant

Pregnancy CM??

Hi all,
I got an opk a couple weeks ago and it showed I had an LH surge on Jan. 20. DTD a couple days before and a couple days after. I paid very close attention to my CM during that time and had everything I expected. Had a few dry days until yesterday I had a large amount of white ish stretchy discharge. I continually have any discharge at all before af. I have several other symptoms that may or may not be related but I am mostly curious about the discharge. Had a neg test last night but obviously it's a little early. I've been pregnant before but it was too long ago to remember a detail like this. What did you guys experience?

Re: Pregnancy CM??

• Des321 said:
    Hi all, I got an opk a couple weeks ago and it showed I had an LH surge on Jan. 20. DTD a couple days before and a couple days after. I paid very close attention to my CM during that time and had everything I expected. Had a few dry days until yesterday I had a large amount of white ish stretchy discharge. I continually have any discharge at all before af. I have several other symptoms that may or may not be related but I am mostly curious about the discharge. Had a neg test last night but obviously it's a little early. I've been pregnant before but it was too long ago to remember a detail like this. What did you guys experience?
    QFP. 
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • Loading the player...
  • Des321 said:
    Hi all, I got an opk a couple weeks ago and it showed I had an LH surge on Jan. 20. DTD a couple days before and a couple days after. I paid very close attention to my CM during that time and had everything I expected. Had a few dry days until yesterday I had a large amount of white ish stretchy discharge. I continually have any discharge at all before af. I have several other symptoms that may or may not be related but I am mostly curious about the discharge. Had a neg test last night but obviously it's a little early. I've been pregnant before but it was too long ago to remember a detail like this. What did you guys experience?
    Well I've never been pregnant before so nothing I have experienced has lead up to a BFP.

Since it appears that you are looking for people to say having similar CM resulted in being pregnant, I'll let you know that this won't go over well here. 

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: August 2014
    TTC #1 Since March 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS March 2016
    SA results normal April 2016
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + TI = BFN
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN
    Uterine polyp removed July 2017
    Round 1 IVF January 2018

• I did not come here to get attacked and talked down to. I have looked at other boards and nothing really helped. I also have seen many others asking similar questions so why does it make people so mad that I asked for past experiences? I'm sorry if this was the wrong topic to post under but it made the most sense to me. No need to be so hostile.
  • I'm sorry I was not referring to everyone. If I knew how to delete this post I would.
  • Des321 said:
    I'm sorry I was not referring to everyone. If I knew how to delete this post I would.
    No need to delete!  It's helpful because then if someone else comes on here wanting to ask the same question they can just look at this.

Stick around and lurk the boards on here :)  I think you'll find it very useful!
  • Des321 said:
    I'm sorry I was not referring to everyone. If I knew how to delete this post I would.
    You were already quoted so there would be no point in deleting it even if you could.  You can't delete a post and deleting the content of your post is looked down on here. 
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • Des321 said:
    I did not come here to get attacked and talked down to. I have looked at other boards and nothing really helped. I also have seen many others asking similar questions so why does it make people so mad that I asked for past experiences? I'm sorry if this was the wrong topic to post under but it made the most sense to me. No need to be so hostile.
    Everyone's responses have been pretty tame, not hostile, and are also answering your original question. OP, when people come into this community asking if they could be pregnant, many regular board members view it as an insensitive drive-by post, and potentially just a random person coming through waving a BFP in the faces of a group of women who are doing everything they can to get pregnant. Getting pregnant isn't easy for everyone. Posts like this are typically considered a round about way for someone to ask the internet if we think they're KTFU, and that is against the TOU. Try to look at it from others' perspectives. 

For your CM question, you might get better responses posting in First Tri. I don't think CM during the TWW is a very good indicator of anything, TBH. Just something that can be considered in hindsight after a positive test.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Everything PP's said but to answer your question I get the same thing a day or 2 before AF. It's recent, so idk why it happens but hormones fluctuate. For the past 3 months I'd get the same creamy/stretchy blob thing and then start spotting within a day or 2. 
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• Des321 said:

I get CM somewhat similar to yours after I ovulate all the time and I haven't been pregnant. Since my experience has everything to do with yours, I guess you aren't pregnant.
  • Hello!  I have been pregnant once and never noticed anything different with my CM. I have heard that it is not unusual to have an increase in CM when pregnant but everyone is different. I hope this helps.

• I don't remember CM changing when I got pregnant, but more importantly IF you ovulated on the 20th (and without temping there's no way to know if you did b/c OPKs don't confirm ovulation), you'd only be 8 DPO, which is a little early for testing or symptoms.  Regardless if a change in CM was a pregnancy symptom, you'd be far enought to turn a test.  Keep testing...
  • Agreed that no one was hostile, just blunt.
    The only thing to do is wait a few days and the another hpt.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been pregnant 5 times and my CM never changed or turned to glitter.
    :p

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• For a woman with a 28-day cycle, the pattern of changes in her cervical mucus would look something like this:

• Days 1-5: Menstruation occurs.
    • Days 6-9: Vagina is dry with little to no mucus.
    • Days 10-12: Sticky, thick mucus appears, gradually becoming less thick and more white.
    • Days 13-15: Mucus becomes thin, slippery, stretchy, and clear, similar to the consistency of egg whites. This is the most fertile stage.
    • Days 16-21: Mucus becomes sticky and thick again.
    • Days 22-28: Vagina becomes dry.
  • Lol. Dang it webmd!!!! I have to say this doesn't match my own either. 
  • For a woman with a 28-day cycle, the pattern of changes in her cervical mucus would look something like this:

• Days 10-12: Sticky, thick mucus appears, gradually becoming less thick and more white.
    • Days 13-15: Mucus becomes thin, slippery, stretchy, and clear, similar to the consistency of egg whites. This is the most fertile stage.

Hmm for me it goes period, creamy CM until FW, EWCM or watery, creamy CM until period. So... yeah...
  • bcooke314 said:

For a woman with a 28-day cycle, the pattern of changes in her cervical mucus would look something like this:

Hmm for me it goes period, creamy CM until FW, EWCM or watery, creamy CM until period. So... yeah...
    Tmi warning!
    Right, I think knowing yourself is key. I tend to have really thin, slippery watery cm before and right after my period. 

Tw....pregnancy:

The only difference with my pregnancy was that I had a lot more than usual, but that was after my positive test so I was paying attention to subtle changes.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited January 2016

For a woman with a 28-day cycle, the pattern of changes in her cervical mucus would look something like this:

I get 2-3 days of crazy thick EWCM right before my period.  So I guess my uterus didn't get the memo.

Edited to note that @missteacherlady16 I didn't read your comment before I wrote almost the exact same thing as you did.

*dirty lurking*

Well, if I had a dollar for every time I was told what the "average" cycle would do... Too bad most aren't average or conceiving would be SO MUCH EASIER! Lol
  • Lol OK I'm really regretting that I posted that. I know that no one is average but I thought it might help this girl to realize that her cm description falls into what WebMD states could happen right before AF. 
  • Dutchie28Dutchie28 member
    edited January 2016
    I had about 5-6 days of white/creamy and stretchy cm before I got my bfp. :smile: I'm usually dry as a bone before AF, so that was a sign for me.