Stay at Home Moms
Options

How cold is it where you live?

I saw on the news this morning that 2/3rds of the country was having colder than usual weather.  How cold is it where you live?

I am in the Chicago burbs and our wind chills are in the -20s to -30s for the second day in a row.  The kids had no school yesterday and are off again today because of the temps.  Sometimes I ask myself why I live here!!!
DD~6 years old~born June 6, 2008 (1st grade)
DS~4 years old~born November 6, 2010 (1st year of preschool)

Re: How cold is it where you live?

• Options
    I'm in western Canada, it's cold but luckily we get chinooks once I awhile. Yesterday was above freezing which was nice, now the rest of the week is about minus 15. They rarely close school, Canadians are used to this weather.
  • Options

With wind chill they're saying -13.  A lot of the schools in the area closed today because last night they were predicting -20(which is their closing cutoff point).  But it didn't get quite that cold.  Our school waited it out and so since it didn't get that cold my kids are in school today.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I too am in the Chicago burbs- the western area.  It is cold, and my boys are out of school today- which is driving me batty coming so soon after Christmas break.  We are going to the mall later to get out but stay warm.
  • Options
    chicago burbs too so same as you.  It stinks.  My kids battle hats and mittens so I hate this weather.  Climbing the walls over here.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    It's currently 15 degrees in northern Alabama. Most of the schools had at least a two hour delay this morning. The South doesn't handle extreme winter weather well.

C 1/25/09
    H 2/8/14

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Northeast Ohio here. It's -2, but feels like -20 and dropping. Snow day traditions of pancakes, pizza, and musicals.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm in Florida and it was 28 here this morning. Not nearly as cold as some of you, but the south really does not handle the cold well. It was breaking news this morning here that plants had to be covered over night because of the cold!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Detroit 'burbs here, my phone says 0 degrees but I am sure with windchill its much colder. Bad day for my autostart not to work
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    North Eastern PA and the wind finally calmed down a little. Today it's a warm 3 with the wind chill!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in Northwest Ohio. I'm not sure of actual temperature outside but I know with the wind chill it is definitely below zero. The schools here were closed on Tuesday and then again today. It is too cold out. Staying inside with lots of movies, hot chocolate and comfort food in our future.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ANGELS ARE GIVEN WINGS AND TAKEN BACK TOO SOON --- We love and miss you soo much Kacie Rae --- 9/11/10 --- born sleeping at 29wks2d
  • Options
    This may be a stupid question but, do you guys go outside/run errands when it's this cold?
  • Options
    we are going to the mall after lunch- then picking up dinner and a cake - it is my husband's birthday.  So yes we run errands when we have to- just bundle up and run in and out.
  • Options
    ND. 9 above (heat wave...haha) with -15 windchill. Schools still on. The past few days, we've been below zero with -20-30 below wind chills. Schools up here rarely close for cold. It has to be really cold wind chills for them to close.

I do actually have an errand I could run, but I'm not going to. It is snowing and 30 mph wind out there. I'm staying put today. If it wasn't so windy, I would go though.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    South Texas, here. High is 42/Low is 32. Current temp 34.

ZBC 11/2012 & SNC 7/2014

bridemaids angry penis annie

• Options
    Here in RI it was 2 degrees this morning with a wind chill of -19 degrees. It's up to 15 now.

Unless I absolutely have to go out for a doctors appointment or something like that I don't leave the house. Heat and sweatpants are so much more appealing than frostbite :P
  • Options
    Mild and cloudy, near 60 degrees :D

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Options
    I'm in Alberta, today was -17 C. Which isn't that bad, however with the wind chill it felt like -28C. It was way colder last weekend. 
  • Options
    I'm in Florida and it was 28 here this morning. Not nearly as cold as some of you, but the south really does not handle the cold well. It was breaking news this morning here that plants had to be covered over night because of the cold!
    We're a little bit more south maybe, it was 39 degrees with hubs left for work and it hovered in the 50s most of the day.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Options
    I'm in Chicago too and hate this cold! I swear my twins get cabin fever worse than I do but I'm not taking them out in this

We have a trip to Miami planned in February and I cannot wait!
  • Options
    ktibbits1 said:
    I'm in Chicago too and hate this cold! I swear my twins get cabin fever worse than I do but I'm not taking them out in this We have a trip to Miami planned in February and I cannot wait!
    I hope it's warm for you then! The whole state is chilly right now.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Options
    South FL high of 70 :D
  • Options
    High today is 72. Southern California. It's been weird, one day it's in the low 60s and the next its 78!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"