September 2015 Moms

Anyone else get a BFP by prayer!?

13»

Re: Anyone else get a BFP by prayer!?

• Comments following my first verse- 

"In all seriousness, what did you expect? It's literally impossible to get pregnant by prayer." -Clearly we all know I wasn't claiming to get pregnant by prayer and not having sex... Like. Really?
    "It must feel awesome to be so self-righteous."   Hmm. Um....... OK? 
    "I change my answer. The problem with you OP is that you are so very narrow minded. Not everyone shares YOUR beliefs."  I wasn't once upset that comments were coming from people who didn't have the same belief.. I was upset because.... why are you commenting if this discussion isn't something that you practice? I feel like it's me never once believing in fertility drugs then joining in on a discussion ABOUT Clomid and talking about how I don't believe in the drugs or "I don't need Clomid to get pregnant" etc etc. Like what is the point of that?
    ***And for the record before this too gets twisted around.. I have all the faith when it comes to fertility drugs, if you need them, if they help.. all the power to you!***  I wouldn't be opposed to taking them myself..

I've apologized probably 3 times already, still, I get comments on being a "dense jerk"  

People telling me to go to "Christian Mingle" 

People calling me a "hypocrite" the second I got upset... Sooo.. because I'm religious I can't get upset.
    How about this one "Seriously? If prayer determined babies more women who wanted babies would have them, and more teenagers who don't want them wouldn't end up pregnant" ...<--Ok And that is your opinion.... soooooo.. tell me again why you are commenting on a Prayer discussion?????????

Stop coming into the discussion if it is something that you do not believe in..
    Then my prayers wouldn't offend you.. and other people could join in and you wouldn't have to read my annoyingly long novels of trying to defend my reason for the post.....
    It would just all work out for the best?
    Agreed?

• Loading the player...
  • "Telling people they can't post on a public forum if they don't believe similarly as you is asinine.  This is not a Christian forum."

I'm saying not to post comments if this subject BOTHERS them that much that they so stongly disagree... which my Prayer discussion clearly did or we wouldn't even be 5 pages deep into this debate. 

There is 500 other discussions to go on... if you don't believe in the power of prayer then why are you on here commenting??? Other than to start a debate? 
    It's called being civil. I can't believe this is so crazy for people to understand..
    Like I said, I wouldn't go on to someones discussion on Fertility drugs they started and start going off about how "Clomid is ridiculous" etc  My God may be your Clomid, I think that while clomid might have helped someone, God might have helped me. or vs versa.. 
    who is to judge??  

It's not about the comments it is about the nasty condescending comments because I PRAYED. I am utterly shocked on how many people that commented just because they DISAGREED. Like this was the only discussion going on in the whole website. 
    It's just weird to me. 

When you have a certain symptom you want to reach out and see if others can relate, no?

When you tried a certain technique that helps morning sickness you reached out so others can respond, no?

I believe in prayer so I reached out to see if any other people could relate.
    Why is this SO wrong of me?

I thought that is what this site was about.. no matter the "matter" I could reach out.
    Sorry.
  • You're forgetting that you didn't reach out and ask for people to relate. You posted scripture and asked for "an Amen".

Your motive is sound, but your execution was poor. That's it. The exit is that-a-way.
    together since '03 / married since '14 / started TTC Dec '14 / Holy shit! BFP 12/28/14!
    Sept '15 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance!
  • You are right Starbucked- I was completely unaware of how much a comment can be twisted and people can get offended and or hurt on the internet. I guess you could say I was very naive to this aspect of it. 

• I made this discussion to discuss prayer, I am not rubbing anything in anyone's faces..  I've been minding my business since the original post. But constantly getting backlash for posting it. If you don't like Christianity simply don't comment on this discussion? I wouldn't waste my time if I were you and it was something I didn't believe in...  just.. why?

Apparently anyone who believes in God has to discuss this in private messages now because people are afraid of getting attacked on their beliefs. So they are messaging me privately. 

Christian or not, doesn't that sound wrong to you?

I don't talk to half of my distant relatives because of their hypocritical ways. I am far from the "kind of Christian" you are making me out to be... I've tried all kinds of drugs, I've made mistakes and I've even prayed in a MOSQUE and Yes I lied to my doctor... A small white lie, so that I could rest assured knowing that my baby is OK. Really?? Come onn....I am HUMAN not a God. I never once said I was perfect. I am far from it.
    The defense you ladies have up is on a whole other level. 

I'm so confused how "fucked up my statements are"   Are you kidding? I am so lost on how this is my fault when all I did was post a discussion for people that may want to share stories on their Faith and new pregnancy. 
    Hello?
    I have seen bible study threads on some of the BMB's, those are completely different than coming on here starting one looking for people to acknowledge thanks to god for their BFP's.  It took a hell of a lot more for my WIFE and I to get our BFP than anything prayer could have done for us.  Your sense is asinine.  It is obvious the nature of your thread wasn't well received and therefore the only responses you should even think of posting should come in the form of an apology or "oops, my bad."  Instead, you chose to come back by quoting scripture.  WTF type of responses did you think you were going to get from that?
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • "Your motive is sound, but your execution was poor. That's it. The exit is that-a-way."

Sorry to disappoint you and truly bother you to the point where you want me to leave? 
    But I am here to stay.
  • imageGonna try this now. My appetite has appeared YAY
    These look damn delicious!  Yay for your reappearing appetite!
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • imageGonna try this now. My appetite has appeared YAY
    OMG that looks amazing!!
    Sept '15 Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance

"I am what I am. I would tell you what you want to know if I could, for you have been kind to me. But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer.” ― Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn

My Chart
    TTC: Dec. 2014    -     BFP: Jan. 3rd, 2015    -     EDD: Sept. 15th, 2015   
  • I have avoided replying to this thread for multiple reasons, but here are my 2 cents anyway.

1. Op your post started on the wrong foot for this public forum.
    2. Instead of insulting the moral values of everyone here and pitying our children, you should have apologized and left it at that
    3. If any of you think that we are "mean girls" now, just you wait. As are due dates draw near our patiences will were thin. We will be huge, uncomfortable and everything will make us mad. We'll have premie moms praying that their babies get to go home and wishing they were still pregnant, and overdue moms wanting their babies to gtfo. Then comes those early weeks. When we are tired, just so tired, and all the adjusting of having a new baby and all the "fun" stuff that comes with it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers image image
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • That's why my sister is struggling with infertility! Who knew prayer was the answer! She's been doing it all wrong!
  • Here's a thought if you didn't agree with heatherlee0900's post. Then don't respond.. This is an open discussion not a bashing forum. If God was a factor in giving her strength to believe in having a baby then let that be it. All of you bashing a woman for her religious beliefs should be ashamed of themselves.
  • I don't see any bullying, I also don't understand how quoting a bible verse has anything to do with your pregnancy....
    That said, I am religious and I pray, and yes it can be very powerful, but I wouldn't have thought to post something like this on a site like this. I believe your post had very little to do with expressing gratitude to God for your pregnancy and more to do with reigning in other religious mothers to Amen for the psalm quote.

Congratulations on your pregnancy, and I'm happy prayer worked for you. But please don't be upset with those who don't feel the need to pray, what ever they are doing has worked for them and that also needs to be respected.
  • For GOTHEFAWKTOSLEEP

I have had struggle with infertility too so I don't take that lightly. All I'm saying that if a woman feels that God was a factor in her becoming a mother then let her believe that. SHE posted a forum looking for support not to be torn down by people laughing in her face on how she conceived. I'm just disappointed in people's reactions to faith. Just the pure immaturity of the responses on here is astounding. That is all I will say.
  • I don't discount medicine, but I prayed my butt off. My husband finally came to me in December and said, we haven't prayed together, we were praying apart maybe that's why it wasn't happening. We did, and finally, I'm happy to say, september here we come. I know my God is amazing
  • I got pregnant by my husband, but if prayer works for you, then more power to you.

GL with your journey.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me - 31yo ~ DH - 35yo ~ Married - 19 March 2005
    TTC from 2005 to 2012 - 10 MC.
    2013 - Stopped TTC, lost over 140kg & made massive lifestyle changes.
    Resumed TTC from July 2014.

BFP - 30/12/14 -
    Beta hCG - 6/1 = 2360, 8/1 = 3741 (46h dt), 10/1 = 6134 (48h dt)
    Charlotte Aurelia - Born 18.8.2015 @ 37 weeks. 2.6kg. 49cm.

BFP 2/11/15 - While taking Noriday (minipill).
    Beta hCG - 2/11 = 15, 5/11 = 99 (24.61h dt),
    Ultrasound booked - 12/11

• I believe in God and science!
  • I'm incredibly curious about this "fisting thread"...
    together since '03 / married since '14 / started TTC Dec '14 / Holy shit! BFP 12/28/14!
  • EmeJay said:
    DorkyMama said:
    I'm incredibly curious about this "fisting thread"...
    There you go! Have fun!
    Holy fucking god. I only read the OP's question and I choked on my piece of gum from the hilarity of it. This will kill the remainder of my lunch break, thanks!
  • EmeJay said:
    DorkyMama said:
    I'm incredibly curious about this "fisting thread"...
    There you go! Have fun!

Thank you for this gem. I'm not working today and DS is at the baby sitter so I have some time to kill. I'm dying!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • um um um um um cant stop reading fisting post
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"