Baby Showers

Saying no to the mom?

I'm hosting a baby shower soon.  The shower will be at my house because I honestly don't have the funds to rent an area or find another venue.  The mother-to-be asked if there could be a onesie-decorating at the shower.  I really don't want to have to clean up after puff paint and the other stuff.  Is it rude for me to say no to her?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Saying no to the mom?

• Well, that and I don't really have the room to lay out onesies, the paint bottles, and to let them dry.  But good to know that it's not totally rude to tell the mom that logistically that isn't feasible.
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with PP - fabric markers and only a few onesies that people can decorate together. I have done that at showers and it has gone over well, didn't take up much room, and there was no mess.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• Thanks, everyone!  The fabric markers sound so much better!  And I agree with @VOR - if I were a guest at a party and was asked to do this, I would find a way to avoid it.  It's just not my thing ;)
  • You should tell her that unfortunately you just don't have the space for a onesie decorating station, then have the guests secretly decorate/sign either one or more onesie with the fabric markers PPs have suggested. Present her with the onesie(s) as a surprise at the end of the shower along with a couple blank onesies and the fabric markers so she can also make her own. :)
    GBCB - Gone to the Dark Side
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"