Infertility Veterans
Options

PTSD at the RE (loss mentioned)

Anyone else feel like they are getting PTSD at the RE? The smell of the building, the long walk down the hallway...I feel like this is how it must feel to go to jail or something. I have such a feeling of loathing and unease whenever I go there. I have to go back for my d&c and then I think I'll have to go for a follow-up blood test or u/s. I'm going to see if I can go to a satellite location or something. Or labcorp if it is just a blood test. We are cycling next with a new RE and I hope to make better memories there. Anyone else feel this way?
Me: 34 | He: 40
TTC since 08/2012
DX: DOR

Re: PTSD at the RE (loss mentioned)

• Options
    luvbostonluvboston member
    edited December 2014
    Hugs, I def feel this way I can never go into my OBs u/s room without having a mini panic attack. I have so many bad memories dating back 4 years. I had all my IF scans there.
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

• Options
    :( yes, I think we all have our areas of PTSD thanks to IF & loss. I thought mine was confined to the Petri dish (the time from ER to freeze/transfer) but after this cycle, I'd say it also extends to POAS & doctor phone calls. I literally answer the doctor's phone calls by saying, "Hello, is everything alright?" Oh, and pregnancy announcements. Let's not forget those have been ruined too.
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Add me to the list of those with IF PTSD. I hate it and I don't know how to stop it.

I think you have a great idea about getting lab orders and going to lab corp for blood draws because your clinic will probably want draws until hug is 0

TTC#1 since April 2011
    IVF#1 July 2012 5R, 3 made it to blast, sET c/p
    FET#1 Aug 2012 2 blasts transferred BFN
    IVF#2 Oct 2012
    16R/6M/6F/2-8 cell grade 1 transfer
    Beta 1-237.9, Beta 2-566, Beta 3-8657
    US 6w3d shows one baby w/ HB 115
    US 7w1d no more heartbeat/ D&C 11/30/12 normal karyotype
    IVF#3 Mar 2013
    6R/4M/4F 1 compacting and 2-8 cell transfer
    ectopic pg MTX given 3 month break from TTC

IVF#4 Sept 2013--BFN
    IVF#5-7 Apr 2014, Jun 2014 and Aug 2014 banking embryos for CCS testing. Praying for normals! Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageimage

http://i61.tinypic.com/34zll06
  • Options
    @RunCC37‌ If I don't get a phone call precisely when I think I should, I literally fall apart. I will be on the verge of tears until the phone call comes. And I usually just watch it ring and then listen to the voicemail. @luvboston‌ I actually had a physical scheduled for this morning (I canceled, too invasive and too raw to discuss with him). But I was going to ask for a mild blood pressure medication because all doctor's visits make my BP soar. My PCP insists that my BP is fine (and it is in his office). It just adds stress to a stressful situation.
    TTC since 08/2012

• Options

Not PTSD, but I don't know if I can ever go back to my last RE.  I just associate his office (at his private practice) with so much failure and negative feelings, especially after he pretty much gave up on us.  He flat out told me that he would only provide local monitoring if I need it, but he would not do anymore treatments for us.  I really don't have the same feelings about the clinic itself though.  Which is funny since he uses the same clinic I am at now for his IVFs.  I love the staff and nurses and my current RE who is the medical director at the clinic.   

I really hope that if we do end up moving on to donor eggs out of town, that my current RE will provide local monitoring.  I know my last RE would, but I just really never want to go back to his office again.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    At the end I was going to several different offices (same re) just because I couldn't go back to the office where all the nurses knew me anymore. I also fell to pieces when they didn't call on time. It's so hard. I'm sorry you have to feel this way

imageimageimageimage

*******siggy/ticker warning***** 

Me(31). DH (31)

DH SA normal count and motility, 1% morphology
    Me .72 AMH, Fragile X premutation carrier
    IVF #1 (6/12/13) BFN

IVF #2 (8/16/13) BFN

FET 10/4/13 Chemical

IVF #3 MC 5 weeks 5 days

IVF #4 DE 11/7 BFP, edd 7/28/15

All Welcome

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @Twinkie0612‌ I hear you. I can do my next baseline at my current clinic, but unless I can get in at a satellite clinic, I may drive 3 hours each way to do it at my new clinic. I also have this feeling of being judged or pitied. My surprise pregnancy was a bit of a hot topic at my clinic b/c of the id twins. I felt like everyone was watching us and knew what was going on. I wasn't charged for either of our no-heartbeat appts. You pay at the end, so this means that while I was getting dressed someone had to run out to the front to tell the girl not to charge us. It's a very nice gesture, but I keep thinking about it. I'm definitely ready for a change of scenery.
    TTC since 08/2012

• Options
    @sorrellam30‌ It only recently occurred to me that most women only spend a few months or a few cycles at the RE. But I feel like all of the nurses and techs and assistants know my name. It's just not the place where you want to be Norm from Cheers.
    TTC since 08/2012

• Options
    I was trying to explain to my friend that my first ivf the nurses all talked to me and told me how successful I'd be, by the 5th-we literally didn't even make eye contact, just in and out. Idk why but it also felt like it added pressure to be done there so I didnt have to see pity eyes. It sucks. I'm really sorry

imageimageimageimage

*******siggy/ticker warning***** 

Me(31). DH (31)

DH SA normal count and motility, 1% morphology
    Me .72 AMH, Fragile X premutation carrier
    IVF #1 (6/12/13) BFN

IVF #2 (8/16/13) BFN

FET 10/4/13 Chemical

IVF #3 MC 5 weeks 5 days

IVF #4 DE 11/7 BFP, edd 7/28/15

All Welcome

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @sorrellam30‌ It only recently occurred to me that most women only spend a few months or a few cycles at the RE. But I feel like all of the nurses and techs and assistants know my name. It's just not the place where you want to be Norm from Cheers.

I definitely understand everyone knowing your name.  This is my fifth cycle with this clinic (2nd with this RE) and all of the nurses and office staff know my name.  It doesn't help that I have also had a 2 SHGs, a hysteroscopy, and a endometrial biopsy in the last 4 months and they do all of my immune blood draws there.  I am in the office nearly once a week, sometimes multiple times in a week.

I am lucky that they are all really supportive and I never feel like they pity me.  My nurse has told me I should get a job there since I am so on top of all the infertility stuff.  When the girl in the front office commented on how fast my baseline was, I joked that I am a professional. 

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    I definitely have IF PTSD.  I wrote a blog post about it in August.  I think only those of us who have been on this journey for an extended period of time with failed cycle after failed had loss after loss experience it.  

IF is so freaking hard!!  (((Huge hugs))
    ::: Married June 2003:::
    TTC #1 since: Aug. 2008
    Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
    DH: 38, Balanced translocation 5&10, unexplained MFI, normal SA and SCSA
    Tx History: IUI 1&2= BFN
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 2: cancelled d/t no response
    IVF# 3= 1 egg retrieved=immature/not viable
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    Found DHs BT and Me-decreased blood flow to uterus
    Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
    ***New RE***
    DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 
    IVF# 6: (OE/DS) cancelled
    IVF# 7: (OE/DS) 1R, 1M, 1F, arrested day 5
    Plan-DE IVF# 2 (cycle #8): DE/DS in May 2015

http://icanhazbabyz.blogspot.com/
    imageimage image 
  • Options
    If you decided to have labs drawn at LabCorp, they have a patient portal. Oftentimes I'd be able to get results on there before hearing from my RE's nurse. Of course that meant I was checking the portal a million times a day, but it was better than waiting a few extra hours. Hugs.

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• Options
    ME ME ME!! It it is crazy. I start to panic when I pull up. I can't sit in certain chairs, because I was sitting in "that chair" on X day I got bad news. It's crazy! But I'm so glad to know I am not alone. 
    TTC since 11/09
    me: 39 DH: 36  
    dx: unexplained (ugh) 

January 2011 - December 2012: 4 cycles w/Clomid; 9 IUIs w/Follistim & Menopur;  two IVF cycles converted to IUI (poor response/dominant follicle) 

August 2014 IVF (antagonist protocol: Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, dexamethasone): 13 eggs, 9 mature, 8 fertilized w/ICSI; 0 frozen, 3 transferred day 5 = BFN

October 2014 IVF (micro-lupron protocol: mircrolupron, Menopur, Follistim, dexamethasone): 8 eggs, 4 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI; 3 transferred day 3 = BFP! Beta 1=121; Beta 2=287; Beta 3 =678. Miscarriage @ 8w2d. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"