September 2012 Moms

UO/FFFC and all of the other other things

13»

Re: UO/FFFC and all of the other other things

• Question #2-

I need to pack my hospital bag and a trip to Ulta is on the To Do this week. Latest beauty product recommendations....and go!
    Dry shampoo?
    Mousse? (I like volume! I was using Redken but it leaves my hair more crunchy than I'd like.)

Dry shampoo: big Sexy is my go to but I like the Dove one okay

Mousse: the suave kind! It's really conditioning so no crunch.

All these things can be found at Target.

Yes on the NB pictures.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• hmp1 said:

THT, do you have a postpartum belly wrap? I used one after having Leo and brought it to the hospital. I put it on after my first shower and really liked wearing it. 

YES!  And I got it too late last time.  Thank you for the reminder! 

Also, I don't think I was going to bring my nursing pillow but I think I'll throw it in there.  I plan on getting as much nursing help as I can when I'm there because I really sucked at nursing with W.

Do you have a Boppy? I had a Boppy with my first and then decided to use some BRU or Amazon gift card to get a My Breast friend. I liked it sooooo much more. It buckled around me and was so much more supportive than the Boppy, especially after a RCS. We have a 2-story house so I was able to justify both by keeping one upstairs and one downstairs.

Also @hmp1 what kind of wrap did you have? It's on my "Things I Want but Really Don't Need" list. 

I used the Belly Band-it. I don't remember which one, it was like the mid level price one.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Loading the player...
  • Sit back here are some of my crazy thoughts lately. Feel free to comment on anything or not. Question #1- Do you remember how much you paid for NB photos? We didn't do any with Jack, except the hospital ones, and my cousin, the budding photog did Will's. She is moving to Brazil for her H's work on 1/7 and baby #3 won't make his arrival until 1/10. I found a local photographer that will do NB pics, including sibs and us for $300. It includes: 2-4 hr session, 2-3 edited images for a birth announcement (within a week of session), 20-25 fully edited images in an online gallery, CD with edited images and print release Does that seem reasonable?
    That's a great price for NB pics, IMO. Our photog was a little higher for fewer images.

• Question #3 Probably the most important ? but it's not as high of a priority at the moment. Baby Tres's Name These are our final choices: Charles Jeffrey (nn Charlie) or Samuel Jeffrey( nn Sam) Jeffrey is the middle name for sure. It's my BIL's name, a long story, and I lost that battle. I never thought we'd be having a 3rd boy, which is why we are at a standstill. I feel we used all of our favorites on Jack and Will. Poor baby tres! Jack is Jack.son Doyle D_____ (our top 1st name and my maiden name for his middle) Will is Will.iam Michael D_____ (named after FIL, who is called Bill and DH is a Mike) We obviously like nicknames and want something we can shorten to sort of "go" with the other 2. I had a short love for Carter, Grant and Graham but we wanted something nickname-able and more classic. Even though Jackson is more modern, to us he's Jack and that's classic. But here's the thing. My great uncle who passed away on Christmas Day was a Sam. We don't have a Sam in this generation and that's why it was one of our final choices, despite it being my great uncle's name. And I'm Italian, reusing names is no biggie(Guess how many Joseph's I'm related to?;) )Now if we name this baby Sam, people are going to think it was in honor of him. And I guess it could be. But it's also very soon too. Like maybe too soon. The name has been on our list for months, but we don't share until the baby is born. Also, I sort of think it sounds better with Jack & Will. Jack, Will & Sam Jack, Will & Charlie. But I also like that Charles Jeffrey could be a CJ or a Charlie. And SJ does not work.
    I love Samuel, so that gets my vote.

• I am not referring to anyone on here or on my IG, but people on FB selling Jamberry. 

Does anyone actually know how to put them on and make them look good?  There is one chic selling them and they never cover the entire nail and they have sharp edges and ripples.  I'm like, yah those look good........ from 20 feet away. 

When I did the Sally Hanson nail thingies they fit perfectly and looked freaking awesome, but at $10+ a pop, I was like uh no thanks, I'll just go get my nails painted somewhere.
    I've found Jamberry works better for me if my nails have a little length. I have a hard time getting them not to bunch up when my nails are very short.

• My FFFC: no one in our house has worn real clothes in a week, I'm having the best time being a shut in and playing with the kids and DH with zero commitments. I'm super sad that we have to get dressed for swim lessons tomorrow.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kdsmith43 said:

Question #2-

I need to pack my hospital bag and a trip to Ulta is on the To Do this week. Latest beauty product recommendations....and go!
    Dry shampoo?
    Mousse? (I like volume! I was using Redken but it leaves my hair more crunchy than I'd like.)

Dry shampoo: big Sexy is my go to but I like the Dove one okay

Mousse: the suave kind! It's really conditioning so no crunch.

All these things can be found at Target.

Yes on the NB pictures.
    I totally was hoping you'd respond with the hair tips ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @amandad715 I also have the belly bandit.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"