July 2015 Moms

GTKY: What is in your bedside table drawer?

2»

Re: GTKY: What is in your bedside table drawer?

• bosco213bosco213 member
    edited December 2014
    Top drawer - underwear, my BBT, which thank god hasn't been used in a while
    Middle drawer - socks, my fun "toy" and my fetal Doppler (is it weird that they get stashed together??)
    Bottom drawer- belts & tights
    Me - 26 
    DH - 27

TTC #1 since July 2014
    BFP! Oct 18, EDD July 2, 2015

It's a GIRL!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • ahsile10ahsile10 member
    edited January 2015

image  image image

• Loading the player...
  • catahoulattecatahoulatte member
    edited December 2014
    My drawer is pretty hilarious so I haven't moved anything. Besides chapstick and a nail file, I have my positive FRER from this pregnancy next to a deck of cards DH got me for one of our early Valentines Days together. It's a truth or dare adult game with the words "SEX" across the front. I love that the pregnancy test is right next to the sex cards.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My Glock .10, chapstick, a flashlight... pictures, and an extra clip for my Glock...

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • Prenatals, essential oils, phone/iPad cords and Chapstick.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • No table, no drawer, no furniture really...just a bed! But I do keep my laptop right next to the bes, so I can wake up, roll over, and start work!
  • Chapstick, hair ties, bobby pins, nail polish, and a couple boxes of raisins in case I need a snack.

I could never keep sexy stuff next to my bed because the kids always get in that drawer.
  • I have old chargers, way too many bank statements, work papers, garbage, random jewellery, diclectin, Zoloft, tons of DS' books, and my swipe card for work.

No sex toys in this house, we're pretty boring and its a miracle if we have lube because we never buy it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have a mini dresser next to the bed and it's crammed full of stuff.

On top: a million perfume and nail polish bottles, magazines, assorted junk.
    Top drawer: makeup, loose change, condoms, lube
    Second drawer: underwear
    Third drawer: bras
    Fourth drawer: bathing suits, lingerie I never wear, sex toys, extra batteries.

So, all the basics.
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh my lord, I went to bed and came back to ten million notifications. 

Also I want a Hitachi so bad. So so bad. Too bad DH is super prude-y.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Marian Abigail :: born 9-16-2012 via emergency C/S
    BFP on 11-14-2014, aiming for a VBAC

edited January 2015

image  image image

• Ok top drawer are the sex toys. Middle drawer are my underwear & some ammo for my pistol, and the bottom are my socks. I know strange mix haha.
  • @ashile10 and @ifwisheswerefishes Whenever I hear about somebody who doesn't have one I feel like I'm listening to somebody who doesn't have indoor plumbing.  it's a mixture of bewilderment and pity ;)

BabyFruit Ticker

• @ashile10 and @ifwisheswerefishes Whenever I hear about somebody who doesn't have one I feel like I'm listening to somebody who doesn't have indoor plumbing.  it's a mixture of bewilderment and pity ;)
    I have a vibrator. But it's tiny, four years old, and so pathetic that it barely even buzzes anymore. I use it in a pinch but really, that's the only one I have. I use my hands or the showerhead but really...DH doesn't like them (how he was raised -- I'm working on him) so we have like NO toys or restraints or books or sexy stuff.

• Oh god I sounded really condescending! I didn't mean it like that!!

BabyFruit Ticker

edited January 2015

image  image image

• @intensivepurposes oh my gosh! You so didn't! Dang, I didn't mean to sound all "I DO have a vibrator" (wow, that got weird quick). 

edited January 2015

image  image image

• edited December 2014
    ahsile10 said:
    I guess because of the way I was raised I feel kind of guilty internally for even considering it. But its also probably a lot to do with my phobia of feeling any part of my body that has an "inside." It creeps me the eff out. It sort of creeps me out when DH uses his hand there. I mean I never say anything and I tend to enjoy it when he does it. It just makes me imagine my hand being there. And that just makes me feel like puking. Wtf is wrong with me?
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with you.  Lots of women are sent really unhealthy messages about their bodies, and many of us internalize the hell out of those messages.  There are some wonderful books out there you could read if you're interested in becoming more comfortable with your body - one that helped me personally is Because it Feels Good by Debby Herbenick.  But you don't have to change a thing if you're happy!!

BabyFruit Ticker

edited January 2015

image  image image

• Thread hijack!! What a fascinating phobia. I was thinking you had a more specifically-sexuality related issue, but it sounds broader than that.  Mine is dark water - I can't handle being near bodies of water at night.  I used to have these awful dreams about drowning in black water, like an unlit pool or the ocean - shudder.

BabyFruit Ticker

edited January 2015

image  image image

edited January 2015

image  image image

• I would be fascinated by a GTKY about phobias. I am terrified of sleeping bags. My sister closed the top and trapped me inside one when I was about seven, and now they scare the hell out of me. 

• I would be fascinated by a GTKY about phobias. I am terrified of sleeping bags. My sister closed the top and trapped me inside one when I was about seven, and now they scare the hell out of me. 
    Oh, and I don't love that you're terrified of sleeping bags. I think it would be a cool GTKY.

image  image image

• Pretty normal here, toys, condoms, lube in top drawer. Bottom has a cabinet with my journal, books, and random magazines.
    Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 5/2012
    BFP 11/17/2014

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't have a nightstand, but on the shelf on my headboard I have a journal that I write my crazy preggo dreams in, what to expect when you're expecting, lube, vaseline, vicks vapo rub, a pen, a pair of earrings, my phone charger and a water bottle. On a small table next to my bed is the humidifier, and in the head board drawer is one personal massager. ;) All my other lady fun toys haven't been fully unpacked since we moved... 
    ~Jenny~

BabyFruit Ticker
    Excitedly Expecting our first!      EDD July 10

VOTE on my Name List
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"