2nd Trimester

Soft cervix 15 weeks? Help!

hey guys, i just needed some advice and let me preface this by saying I know it’s a no no to check your own cervix so I really don’t want responses that are lectures about it. I had a moment of curiosity and now I’m paying for it by freaking out. All the doctors offices are closed for New Years and won’t re-open u til the 5th and I really am unsure of what to do. so like I said, I got curious last night, and with clean hands, I checked my cervix only to discover that it had gotten extremely soft . I did check a few weeks ago in the shower, and it was high, firm and posterior. Now it’s mid way, and super soft and definitely anterior. is this normal? I thought the cervix only softened up when it’s getting ready for labour. I’m just worried about incompetent cervix. I have mentioned my fear to the doc at my last prenatal, as I've had small biopsies done before, but he didn't seem that worried or like he knew much about it. He mentioned a special ultrasound at 26 weeks, but from my understanding, that's kinda a little late to the game when dealing with IC . i plan on seeing my doctor next tues for my regular prenatal appointment and will ask him about it again, although I know I’ll get a lecture, but some advice now from some ladies that might know may help me in the long wait .

Re: Soft cervix 15 weeks? Help!

• Thanks for your reply. It's so hard to tell bc there is so much conflicting info. Some say it's supposed to be high, long , firm and posterior( which mine was) - When the baby is ready, the cervix will soften. Some say high, and soft. So I don't know! I have a lot riding on this pregnancy and it might be our only shot . I'm just scared.
  • I read that cervix checks can stimulate it and cause it to soften. Maybe ask you dr before performing too many more?
  • Loading the player...
  • Uh, leave it alone. You're probably fine unless you start having other symptoms.

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thanks :) I have been trying to relax until my appointment on Tuesday. Unfortunately, where I live, there is no after hours number . Basically, if they are closed and you must be seen, then you go to Emerge. Health care in Canada may be free, but awfully inaccessible at times. I envy places where you can book private scans if you really wanted. Sure you'd have to pay, but you get peace of mind/ answers much faster
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"