September 2015 Moms

names?

2»

Re: names?

• I like the name ainsley for a girl and jamison for a boy. My name is jamie so that may get a wee bit confusing.
  • We didn't find out the sex for my pregnancies. And we have really struggled with girl names.  We ended up with 3 girls ha. Juliet, Claire and Elena. I am worries about finding something to blend with their names. We shall see. I am not stressing yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ivee4 said:

We didn't find out the sex for my pregnancies. And we have really struggled with girl names.  We ended up with 3 girls ha. Juliet, Claire and Elena. I am worries about finding something to blend with their names. We shall see. I am not stressing yet.

I love Claire. Struggling with a MN. Advice?
    BabyFruit Ticker  image
  • A boy will be either Ayden James (AJ) or Grayson Russler (family middle name).

A girl will be Madison Grace, Isabella Faith, or Sophia Jane (family name).

We like names that have lots of nicknames to choose from and seem to be able to grow with them. Bash away...I'm so set on some of these names that I may have been closed minded to outside opinions!

• tiffard said:
    I love Claire. Struggling with a MN. Advice?
    We used my great grandmothers name which I don't love but loved her so it is ok. Claire Helen.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We like Colton Domonic for a boy (DH's first name is Domonic, tradition in his family for son to have their father's first name as their middle name). I like Lillian for a girl after my great grandma, would call her Lily, but not sure on a middle name - I like Addison, Harper, Grace, or Mae possibly for middle name. I also like Riley for a girl or Hudson for a boy.
    TTC 02/11, Diagnosed IF 01/14 tubal factor IVF #1 08/14 - cancelled IVF #2 10/14 - egg retrieval only, fresh transfer cancelled due to OHSS FET #1 12/17/14 - 2 blasts, BFP 12/24/14, D&C 01/21/15 - twin blighted ovums FET #2 04/03/15 - 2 blasts, BFP 04/09/15, EDD 12/20/15
  • We have picked names already, but we talk about them often. Girl is Charlotte LeAnn nm Charlie, named after my uncle Charles and our moms, their middles names are Lea and Ann. Boy is Benjamin Patrick nm Benji, we just like the name Benjamin and Patrick was my dad's middle name.We like to give names that have meaning to us. DD is named after my dead brother and DH's grandma.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers image image
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • My husband and I decided on Jack (a family name and just a good solid name in our opinion) for any future son about a year ago. We kept it to ourselves of course, and today his sister brought home a puppy and named it Jack. Am I crazy for being upset about it? I've always associated dog and people names and now I can't help but think the entire connotation of the name is changed. Well, there's always a chance it could be a girl! FX
  • We've had our boy name picked out since we had #1. We were team green then so had both names ready. Girl names this time around we're not sure. We also don't tell people the name until baby is born. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • For a boy we like Ethan Michael, after my father and my husband :) We also like Landon, but I don't think we'll go with it for the first boy.

For a girl we like Amara, it's a derivative of "Mary", but we also like Malia and Cecilia, female middle names either Therese or Rachelle.
    TTC: Dec. 2014    -     BFP: Jan. 3rd, 2015    -     EDD: Sept. 15th, 2015   
  • We are considering Gavin James or James Matthew for a boy and Julia Scarlett, Julia Charlotte, or Adalyn _____ (not sure on MN yet!). I welcome thoughts! I feel so overwhelmed by all the options and I struggle with knowing what makes for a good middle name 'flow' well.
  • meredithhaymeredithhay member
    edited January 2015
    Totally clueless for a girl's name, but we're set for a boy: Asher Bradley. Asher came about randomly a couple years ago, when we heard it and mutually liked it. Bradley was his father's name, and after we lost him in 2014 we thought it'd be a great way to commemorate such an wonderful person!
  • Hmmmn this is an interesting thread. My name is very unique name. It is from my father's dialect in Zaire. I was made fun of, teachers refused to even try to say it etc. But my name is mine and it has a meaning (it means happiness). My mother had tried for a long time to get pregnant and after many MC finally got me.The thing is it had meaning, there was something to it, it isn't just a name spelled differently or a cute name. Yes you can name your baby whatever you want and spell it however you but I agree with PP that child will live with your choice, so maybe make sure there's some meaning to your choice. In the end though. ...it's your choice.
    As for me...DH and I picked names before we were even married.

David Anthony
    Issaiah Allen
    Bonnë Marie

My dear mother who passed was called Bonnie, which is an old name, so I chose the ë instead of ie.
    Also, I have since grown fond of justin (DH)Issaiah or Issaiah Justin and Bonnë Justine but may stick with Marie because that is DH's moms middle name.
    We'll see what happens.
  • DH and I have an agreement: he gets to pick the name if it's a boy, and I get to pick the name if it's a girl; we both have unlimited veto power on the other's names.
    I have some girl names I love:

Brigid
    Grace
    Francis

I also love Evangeline, but I gave that one to our newest dog, so it's (obviously) out.

DH will pick a traditional Irish name if we have a boy. His family is all about preserving their culture; our children will also learn to speak Irish.
    TTC #1: May 2014

My Chart
  • @3houlagirl‌

Irish people speak Gaelic. Irish is a nationality, Gaelic is a language. It's like saying I'm American and I speak American, not correct.

Like @ugotstarbucked‌ said, in terms of baby names, please check on the BNB. I'm a reg over there and those ladies have some really awesome insight and feedback. Many of whom have advance degrees in linguistics, ancient languages and cultures. They aren't mean but they don't sugar coat anything. If you cannot handle any negative feed back about your cre8tive or youneek name, just do not tell anyone. That will be the only way to not get that feedback. This is a public forum and you cannot dictate how people respond. From the 2 years I've been on that board I can honestly say my tastes have really expanded.
    - we have two sets of names for both sexes just waiting to see what feels right.

- as a native NYer, for the love of god do not name your kid Riker or any jacked up spelling. It's like naming your kid Alcatraz.
  • 3houlagirl3houlagirl member
    edited January 2015
    @emmy236‌ You are correct, and incorrect. Gaelic is spoken by the Irish, Scottish, and Welch. However, the dialects are so different that these three countries often can't understand one another. The Irish-Gaelic dialect is simply called "Irish" by the people who speak it. The same is true for the Scottish dialect often being referred to simply as "Scottish". I am unclear how the Welch refer to their dialect.

ETA: Sorry about the mini-lecture. I have a background in linguistics, and find the whole topic fascinating. It gets even more interesting when you look at the social aspects of the different dialects. I'm done, I swear :)

My Chart
  • Mila Grace for a girl (Mila is a Ukrainian name, so H liked that). Maxwell James for a boy (James is my dad's name)...
  • emmy236 said:

@3houlagirl‌

Irish people speak Gaelic. Irish is a nationality, Gaelic is a language. It's like saying I'm American and I speak American, not correct.

Actually most Irish people speak English, but Irish is a language - the proper name is Gaelige. It is very similar to but distinct from Gaelic, which is spoken in Scotland.
    January Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1: 10-25-11, MC: 11-1-11 @ 5w5d
     BFP#2: 12-29-11, DS born September 2012
    TFAS: July 2014, BFP#3: 12-29-14
    , EDD 9-9-15

• William Leonard if it is a boy.
    He will be the 4th William in a row in my husband's side, it's their family tradition. The Leonard is from my father, so he will be named after both grandfathers. Although, I've thought of saving Leonard for a second son so that they could each have a name from their grandfathers.
    We'll call him Liam, from the last part of William, since his grandfather is Bill and his dad Billy.
    For girls, I have no idea yet!
  • We both surprisingly liked Arianna Rose for a girl and It goes well with our last name. We didn't agree on anything for a boy but I threw out Derek. And from this thread I like David and Ryan. DH gets choice for a boy with approval and vice versa. Of course our decision is subject to change lol
  • ChanelAChanelA member
    edited January 2015
    For a boy I'm really love Theo but I feel it might be to short. Lately I've been loving the name Lincoln as well. Thiago is also a fave but DH hates it.

For a girl my favorites are Stella and Valentina. I also like the name Aamira...

My dd name is Madison and it's super popular and I kinda hate it. :-( I don't want to repeat that!

Edit: name
    Met 10/27/2006 & Married 6/7/2014
    BFP 8/30/2104 | EDD 5/11/2015 | MS 10/3/2014 | D&C 10/7/2014
    BFP 12/31/2014 | EDD 9/13/2015 PLEASE be our RAINBOW

• We have always had an easier time with boys names. We are team green through and through and always LOVED a boys name from early on in both pregnancies. Our boys are Charles (Charlie) John and Dominic Joseph.

Our girl names changed between our last two pregnancies and after having our second son we randomly talked and decided on the name Adalee Rose for a girl.

Our backup boy name with our first son was Seth Daniel and it might stick around but we'll see.

I find naming a human very hard.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ChanelA said:
    For a boy I'm really love Theo but I feel it might be to short. Lately I've been loving the name Lincoln as well. Thiago is also a fave but DH hates it. For a girl my favorites are Stella and Valentina. I also like the name Aamira... My dd name is Madison and it's super popular and I kinda hate it. :-( I don't want to repeat that! Edit: name
    You could always go with Theodore & call him Theo, giving him a longer name option when he grows up.  I love Theo & Stella, great choices.
    September '15 Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance!   

BFP 11/18/14 ~ EDD 7/26/15 ~ MC 11/27/14

image            image
                          Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                              

• ChanelA said:

For a boy I'm really love Theo but I feel it might be to short. Lately I've been loving the name Lincoln as well. Thiago is also a fave but DH hates it.

For a girl my favorites are Stella and Valentina. I also like the name Aamira...

My dd name is Madison and it's super popular and I kinda hate it. :-( I don't want to repeat that!

Edit: name

You could always go with Theodore & call him Theo, giving him a longer name option when he grows up.  I love Theo & Stella, great choices.

Thank you! We are totally considering that. Stella is my all time favorite!

• goldpolkadotgoldpolkadot member
    edited January 2015
    @ChanelA we're thinking about Theo (Theodore) too! We're trying to find a good "t" boys name that we both like. We also like the name Tripp, but kind of feel like it's too short. Plus, I feel like Tripp is a good nickname for a "3rd" but I'm not sure if it would be a good regular first name. Girls names come easier for us!
  • We are picking middle names from grandparents. Our girl name is Amelia Caite, boy name is Tristan Robert.
  • Love Amelia and Tristan! My niece's name is Amelia and it such a beautiful name. 

Talking about baby names has been one of my husband and I's favorite road trip hobbies since we got married. 

I think (for now) we are settled on Eva Grace for a girl, but are having a much harder time for a boy. Maybe Wade Christopher? 

Whatever we pick we want to sound nice and have person meaning. It's definitely an enormous task!
  • @missliz53‌ love the name Amelia!

@goldpolkadot‌ I love theo is my favorite my problem is I don't like the name Theodore and it seems Theo is too short on it's own. DH suggested Lincoln Theo ... Don't know that i love it...

@crystaleyes138‌ I hope hubby comes around Stella is a beautiful name.

• @klhelder‌ I LOVE Eva Grace! Grace is on my short list. Unfortunately Eva is out for us: I have a dog named Evangeline (Eva for short). It occurred to me a few months after we named her that I like that name for a kid, but it was too late. Oops.

My Chart
  • For a girl we have NO idea! 
    but for a Boy his name will be Cannon James! I am in love with it and James comes from my dads side of the family, nearly every Guy on that side is either James ____ or ____ James which makes it even more special because I have no brothers so my dad didn't get to continue the tradition.
  • We haven't actually "looked" at names, (probably won't until we know the sex) so I'm sure our list will get longer, but if it's a boy, DH and I have always loved the name Benjamin Scott. Girls sem to be harder -- currently loving Vera Elizabeth and Julia Elizabeth.
  • Me and my partner have settled on a girls name, Ella Amy (Amy for my little sister who passed away in july). For a boy we are stuck between Freddie, Jamie and Declan x
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"