September 2015 Moms

names?

When did you start talking about names with your partner? Have you names in mind? Please share :) *no name bashing! If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything* :bz

Re: names?

• When did you start talking about names with your partner? Have you names in mind? Please share :) *no name bashing! If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything* :bz

Personally I wont be thinking of names until we know the sex. Also, some may not be receptive to the bolded comment.
    Sept. 15 January Siggy Challenge ~ Happy Dance
    TTC #1 10/14 ~ BFP 12/20/14 ~ EDD 09/03/2015
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • We've talked about it a bit. So far we like Juliet for a girl and Gabriel, Cole or Daniel for a boy.
  • Loading the player...
  • we've talked about names but sort of inconclusive
  • I talk about names all the time. DH isn't ready yet. Since we aren't finding out the sex, we will need to have 2 names ready. Girl names are easier for us.

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm also finding that girl names are easier to come up with, we've had two boys. We named them kie(k-eye) and xander, but I found their names by random haha.
  • We've decided on a girls name but totally hung on a boys name. DH wants to name out boy Maximus and I'm just not having that LOL
  • We've thrown a few names back and forth at each other over the years, but it's all mostly abstract. I keep a small list so we don't forget names we've said we liked, but that's about it. Probably not going to think about it more seriously for a while yet.

We do have a "no A names" rule, though, because our family members keep naming aaaaaall of their kids A names.
    "I am what I am. I would tell you what you want to know if I could, for you have been kind to me. But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer.” ― Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn

My Chart
  • We had a boy name for the previous pregnancy, which we might use - Jacob. For girl names, my husband likes Melissa and I like Cecilia. He liked Cecilia when I mentioned it to him too.
    DS 7/6/09
    DD 9/4/11
    EDD 9/1/15
  • sthu227sthu227 member
    edited December 2014
    Since I'm not finding out the sex of the baby until it arrives I have spent time choosing unisex names. I think I've decided on Ryeker Brooke for a girl and Ryeker Jace for a boy. But alternatives were
    Canyon
    Rylance
    Ryelie
    Oakley
    Briar
    Andre (boy name)

If you like any of them, feel free to use them. I played with spelling on some.
  • I've got a tough last name for finding first names that sound good but lead names right now are Jacob Oliver and Marion Elizabeth.

Until we find out if it's a boy or girl we are occasionally picking nicknames from reject names out of the baby name book we got for free. Baby K had been called Bacon Boat and King Schmoopie. Not sure what today's nickname is yet.
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• My mother picked Ryeker and everyone around started to love it. It's growing on me but I really like the name Ryelance the best.
  • We talked about it years ago. He wants a boy named after him. So Stephen III, and I always said I wanted to use my grandmother's name Eleanor aka ellie. Who knows if we'll change our minds but doubt it. Since they mean something to us.
  • I know my names are out there but we have weird names in our family. It stuck and it makes us unique.
    Our family is
    Stormie
    Whitley
    Braylie
    Emerson
    Gracelyn
    Adian
    Maximus
    Alexius
  • CruiseGirl28CruiseGirl28 member
    edited December 2014
    I'm not finding out the sex of the baby, but I'm also not choosing a unisex name. I will choose a girl name and a boy name. However, to each their own.

Edit: spelling

imageimage

• slh33 said:

sthu227 said:

I know my names are out there but we have weird names in our family. It stuck and it makes us unique.
    Our family is
    Stormie
    Whitley
    Braylie
    Emerson
    Gracelyn
    Adian
    Maximus
    Alexius

Please.  No.

I have a family full of odd names and I hate how everyone isn't called by their name. Emma, grace, Bray, max, Lexi. It's quiet annoying actually. I'm a FTM and I want something unique but not too off the wall.
  • Probably because it gets annoying to have to tell everyone how to spell that unique name...
    DS 7/6/09
    DD 9/4/11
    EDD 9/1/15
  • We started talking names the day we found out! To me that is one of the most fun parts of pregnancy. At this point you can't do much else!! We know our boy first name... I have a feeling our girl name will be difficult because we are both set on our favorite which isn't the same!
  • DagnyBC said:

Huge no to the "creative" spelling on baby names. This is a massive disservice to them at any age. As an elementary school teacher, I wince at some names these poor kids are born with. A "Jaylee", "Alyx", or "Britnee" will have a harder time in the academic and professional world.

My name is Stormie. I haven't had any problems in the academic or professional word. Generally most people adore my name. It gets quiet annoying people calling me stormy weather but what name won't have something said about it.
  • veltemamaveltemama member
    edited December 2014
    Sthu227
    I like gracelyn and Emerson. Very cute. My daughter's name was considered unusual when she was born also Keira but now she has another girl in her class same name different spelling. Trust me coming from a Lisa, who graduated with 72 people 3 of which were also Lisa. Having an easy common name Isn't all that much fun either.
  • slh33 said:

sthu227 said:

slh33 said:

sthu227 said:

I know my names are out there but we have weird names in our family. It stuck and it makes us unique.
    Our family is
    Stormie
    Whitley
    Braylie
    Emerson
    Gracelyn
    Adian
    Maximus
    Alexius

Please.  No.
    I have a family full of odd names and I hate how everyone isn't called by their name. Emma, grace, Bray, max, Lexi. It's quiet annoying actually. I'm a FTM and I want something unique but not too off the wall.

This issue here is they are all totally off the wall.  Do not even ask where my mind goes when I think of Stormie.  There are PLENTY of ways to give your child a unique name without even touching the 2 lists you have started.

I realize that but I prefer the names I've picked. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm gonna give my kid a simple every day middle name. If they don't like their name. Use their middle name. No one will stop them lol
  • CCR630 said:
    We plan on using Amelia & Harrison, depending on if Amelia continues to rise in popularity or not.  

I like names with personal meaning, whether they're unique or not.  Name your kid whatever you want for sure, just know that people don't always tell you what they're thinking to your face.  For example, I'd side eye the hell out of Ryeker or Rylance.  
    Harrison is our boy name too--unless it gets too popular by then. DS1 is named Grant and I think they sound great together:)
    They do sound great together! I think we're safe with Harrison, people always give me strange looks when I mention it.  DH's father was named Harry & I love that it'd be a nice tribute to him & that it's a solid name.
    September '15 Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance!   

BFP 11/18/14 ~ EDD 7/26/15 ~ MC 11/27/14

image            image

• slh33 said:

SNIP

----MQF----

I retract some of my statement....I do like some of them (Emerson is nice).  And you can absolutely do what you want - I am just saying with the name Stormie (or some of these names you have listed) you should be prepared for the possibility of not so nice comments, social sigmas, and/or bullying.

Actually I'm Stormie. I really didn't have any negativity growing up.
  • I haven't really picked any names just yet. Would rather wait until I know what I'm having. With my first pregnancy my son was Gavin until a month before I was due then we changed it to Colton. Picking names can be so hard lol. But please do your baby a favor & give them something easy to say/spell.
  • Both of my kiddos have some sort of family name...my son has DHs middle name and our daughter has my middle name which was my grandmother's maiden name. But, we had a horrible time coming up with our daughters 1st name (coralyn - Cora for short). We tend to go with classic/old names. But this LO will likely have part of dad's name in it somewhere - if it's a boy that will make it easier lol ;)
  • sthu227 said:

If you like any of them, feel free to use them.

Lol.

All I can think about now is Rye bread

Sept 2015 January Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance

Me: 29 - DH: 37
    BFP: 12/21/2014 - EDD: 09/01/2015

BabyFetus Ticker

• We play the name game 365 a year I'm obsessed with names
    Kellen 4.27.12 Miller 6.30.13 Baby #3 edd 9.7.15
  • SoyLoca said:
    If you like any of them, feel free to use them.
    Lol. All I can think about now is Rye bread
    I keep thinking of Ricin: the poison used in Breaking Bad.
    Edited because I am an English teacher and that's what we do.
    Pregnancy Ticker 

BFP: 7/20/14  MMC: 8/29/14  D&C: 8/31
    BFP: 12/27/14 MMC: 1/26/15 D&C: 1/29
    Anniversary

• My DH and I have been talking names for quite some time now. Just always throwing ones out at one another. We have the middle name for a boy as Duke (after both our grandfathers) but we cannot think of a good first name. We want a strong name and starting with an A. Nothing crazy different just strong. Maybe Alexander Duke? Thoughts? Suggestions on boy A names? Girls names we have already agreed on a couple and if it's a girl we will choose after we meet her.
  • XCrissCrossXXCrissCrossX member
    edited January 2015
    DS has a family name from my H's side. I feel like LO should have a family name from my side-- but most of the names on my side are awful. The surnames are unusable as first names. A lot of the men share a name so it would be nice to name LO that name--- but I hate that name and all forms of it. The two or three names I've been able to salvage from the family names on my side, H has shot down instantly. 

We discussed a few names we liked with DS and mostly settled on his name by 8 months but didn't commit until after he was born (we didn't tell anyone or start calling him the name).

@ABombard12 I like Allen or Alfred as boy A names. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• My husbands family always named the first son after their father so my son will be a 3rd... I am having trouble with girl names. We keep looking and I can't find one that I think would be perfect. I've always liked the name Ryan.
  • Right now we love Iris for a girl and Leo for a boy. DD1 is Clara so we want an older name that goes well with it. We have a certain style of names that we like, I know they're not everyone's style, but that's ok! I love talking names!!
  • My husbands family always named the first son after their father so my son will be a 3rd... I am having trouble with girl names. We keep looking and I can't find one that I think would be perfect. I've always liked the name Ryan.
    Please don't name a girl Ryan!!! :(
                                                                                              BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • Right now we love Iris for a girl and Leo for a boy. DD1 is Clara so we want an older name that goes well with it. We have a certain style of names that we like, I know they're not everyone's style, but that's ok! I love talking names!!
    My DS is named Leo Joseph after his grandpa and great-grandpa. Iris is my aunt's name and starting to sound less and less like an old lady's name over time.
    Edited because I am an English teacher and that's what we do.
    Pregnancy Ticker 

BFP: 7/20/14  MMC: 8/29/14  D&C: 8/31
    BFP: 12/27/14 MMC: 1/26/15 D&C: 1/29
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"