April 2014 Moms
Options

Sunday Funday Chatter

Re: Sunday Funday Chatter

• Options
    purespark said:

@JWest07‌ can you wear him? Maybe that would render you a little less trapped when he naps.

My LO was an in-arms napper, too, but the sitter taught him to nap in a pack n play. Now he naps in the crib at home, too. We are lucky he adjusted as easily as he did.

Funny, I was just saying to H that I wish I could still wear him, but he is so nosy/busy that he spends the whole time trying to see whats going on, even if I try with the cover. Thank you, though. I love the suggestions, because I'm sure there are plenty of tricks I haven't tried.
  • Options
    Our daycare is so weird... All the preschool moms are friends, but it seems like with the babies it's totally different. None of the parents come to the parties, and we rarely see any of them. Nobody is overly friendly or seems to be looking for play dates or anything, but I'm hoping this changes as they get older and can actually play together more.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

AprilMay9 said:

::::faints and clutches pearls:::: oh dear I know these first birthdays will give me way too much fodder for judging. No mention of gifts or lack thereof. And pleas for money just no no no!!!

Yes! Let people give what they want of show up with nothing, whatever. How hard is it to donate something you don't like? Or return it for money or sexual favours? People really overthink these events.

Our theme will be 'birthday' and there will be balloons and one cupcake for Quinn. Beer and wine for the adults. All 7 of them. I was SO relieved when I was childless and not invited to my friends' kids' birthday parties, nothing would have bored me more. So I'm returning the favour and not inviting any friends to ours because really, snoozefest. FFSC? Enh.
    On the inviting the childless friends thing....you are so right! That was always such a beating. We aren't inviting anyone without kids. I think they owe me a gift or something for being so thoughtful. Hehe
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm inviting family and friends with kids. That's it. First birthdays are a big deal here too but I'm not going all out at all.
  • Options
    Fuck it's been a long week. My cousins funeral is on Wednesday so bro, SIL, and toddler are staying another week. With US, because my parents are driving them nuts. Fortunately they're driving to savannah for two days. I want to nap and clean and figure out what to do with an infant and toddler at a funeral. There's a visitation, funeral, burial, and a "celebration" of her life at her home. It's a lot. I wish she could have held on until after Christmas. Cancer is a total fuck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We are inviting family, and everyone my husband works with, they are big on family parties and like to be involved. But it's a BBQ, at a park super relaxed
  • Options
    edoliesmomedoliesmom member
    edited December 2014
    Guys... We're half way down the list of BMBs. In a year's time, our board will probably be deleted. :cry:

Edit: Oh. Just kidding. There's still a 2010 board. :-j I guess it's just the main page "quick link" thing that only has a certain amount of BMBs listed. Carry on.
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Options
    I think first birthdays are a big deal in my DHs family. I'll probably put together a real small party since my DH won't be here. I feel terrible about that he's going to miss it but his family will want to celebrate.
  • Options

I am only inviting family to DS's birthday.

WWA14 do?
    SIL due date is on the weekend I want to throw DS's birthday party. She lives an hour away a probably wouldn't come if we had the party the weekend before. Would you go ahead and thrown the party her due date weekend or thrown it early in the very off chance she and my brother would come?

My nephews birthday is the day after Liam's. This past year, for his 3rd birthday party, they had his birthday the weekend before his birthday (which was the week before I was due - ended up being two days before I had liam) and while they asked if that was ok with us, I told them it was nice of them to ask, but to plan what was best for their family.

I think it's nice of you to want to have your family all involved, but I'd plan it on the weekend that works best for YOUR family (the family that lives in your house)
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

AprilMay9 said:

How many poops is considered diarrhea? S has pooped 5 times today. He won't sleep because his tummy hurts from what I can tell :-S

I think it's more the consistency than the frequency.
    Super liquidy but with mucous too. I am guessing because of his cold he's swallowing snot? Pretty gross I know.
    We called about liquid and GREEN poops - 3-4 a day - and dr. says it sounds like a virus he's trying to fight off and put him on a probiotic. If cold symptoms occur or he's going 7-8 times a day, call back because of the concern of dehydration.
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Bluebird2318Bluebird2318 member
    edited December 2014

I used a public change table for the first time today and of course one of the straps was missing. Lucky for me Q Ball stayed put, he pinned his arms at his side and didn't move an inch. It was kind of weird actually, maybe he thought he'd been abducted by aliens. He just kept staring up at the lights, hehe

I love that you call him Q Ball!
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mamrotu73 said:
    And this is why boys scare me...haha!!!! Too cute!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I see dylan doing something like that. He's quite the dare devil. He tries to throw himself off the couch all. The. Time!
  • Options
    lokimau said:
    hlm184 said:
    M is learning to wave.  He thinks its hysterical!
    aryssa started that today. it is so cute and she looks a little unsure about what she is doing :)

Yeah, right now M is just opening and closing his hand (like the milk sign, really), but then if you wave back to him while he's doing it, he breaks down laughing!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh wow I hope your little guy feels better soon @celticlullaby‌.

@Ashleypixie‌ I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

Well DS is in bed now and I finally get a break! He has eaten about half of what he does normally today so I'm anticipating a rough night (especially if his naps were any indicator..) I'm so tired, running on 3 hours of sleep. But hopefully tomorrow we will have some semblance of normal.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• Options
    Edolie started waving like 5 days ago or something. :smiley: I can't believe there are babies saying words already!

@allyandmike24‌ I bet Willa was crawling little by little when you weren't watching and was like, "I'm gonna get this down pat so that I can blow Mom's mind one day with my mad crawling skillz!"

I just took a 2.5 hour nap and probably would have kept sleeping if Brent hadn't woke me up so Edolie could eat. I was so confused when he came in. I thought I had slept through her crying in the MOTN or something. :-/

• Options

Edolie started waving like 5 days ago or something. :smiley: I can't believe there are babies saying words already!

@allyandmike24‌ I bet Willa was crawling little by little when you weren't watching and was like, "I'm gonna get this down pat so that I can blow Mom's mind one day with my mad crawling skillz!"

I just took a 2.5 hour nap and probably would have kept sleeping if Brent hadn't woke me up so Edolie could eat. I was so confused when he came in. I thought I had slept through her crying in the MOTN or something. :-/

I don't even know what year it is half the time I wake up, I hate that confused feeling!
    Me too! And I didn't wake up feeling rested. Oh well. :confused:

• Options
    Dixon813 said:

I just had one of my favorite dinners - a macaroni and cheese grilled cheese sandwich (and some delicious brews!)! We have some kick ass restaurants in Cle!

Yes, we do. Sounds like you've been to Melt. That sandwich is amazing!!
  • Options
    I'm worried our smoke alarms don't work well enough... We finally did Christmas dinner with our prime rib and my mom sent the oven on fire trying to make Yorkshire pudding. Cue smoke everywhere and seriously wondering if the house was going to burn down... Oh Christmas, always a memory...
  • Options
    Dixon813Dixon813 member
    edited December 2014
    elyse4281 said:

Dixon813 said:

I just had one of my favorite dinners - a macaroni and cheese grilled cheese sandwich (and some delicious brews!)! We have some kick ass restaurants in Cle!

Yes, we do. Sounds like you've been to Melt. That sandwich is amazing!!
    -------
    Yep!! Melt is one of our favs!! We always go in December and Christmas in July just for the mighty macaroni!! And then too many other times throughout the year!!

The diet starts when?!?!
  • Options
    eme520 said:

@zoopsiedaisy I think it's time for you to update your ticker ;)

I have only gotten on mobile probably since I made that ticker. Am I like a thousand days over due? Haha
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm sorry I haven't been around lately, the holidays are kicking my butt. I'm so exhausted. I just need to vent. We have our a/s tomorrow at 3 and I'm so anxious. DH doesn't understand and every time I try to talk about my feelings he gets frustrated. He thinks that nothing is wrong until they tell us something is wrong, so don't worry. Well I'm going to worry regardless! I just want a healthy baby. Also, I've never been to the hospital we have to go to for the scan and I have to drop DS off at the IL's beforehand, so I'm stressed. DS is supposed to nap at my IL's, but he probably won't, so I will be worried about him the whole time too. I'm stressing for unecessary reasons, but I can't help it. Being a mother is so hard sometimes. I wish I could get drunk, so I could sleep tonight.

• Options
    ambarnett1ambarnett1 member
    edited December 2014
    I'm so addicted to 90 day fiancé. I hate Mohamed though. He's such an ass.

Eta- thanks for the love. I hope all goes well, I know I stress too much about the little stuff.

• Options
    I was just watching undercover boss(nothing else on) The boss of Bikinis told an employee that if she was a good employee for 6 months he would put her in touch with a surgeon to get her boobs done. Whole thing was kinda trashy.
    Uhm we watched this too. I told DH that I wanted to go take a shower after...he said "we're probably going to see that guy on the news soon...and not in a good way"
  • Options
    Yesterday: "Hey DH, don't touch the ice cream in the freezer- it's for a Christmas gift" (Ice cream sundae party in a box! Awesome kid gift, FYI)

Tonight: "Hey babe, I made you ice cream!" 

I'm choosing to post in here versus being mean to DH. I've been a wee bit bitchy as of late, I need to reign it in a little. Hormmmones.

• Options
    zoopsiedaisyzoopsiedaisy member
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    Hugs @Ashleypixie‌ and for you and your LO @celticlullaby‌.
    Hope you all feel better soon @hordol‌!
    And congrats @mamrotu73‌ :-)
    Prayers that all is well at your a/s tomorrow @ambarnett1‌ and that you get to see your healthy little son dancing away in there :-)
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"