April 2014 Moms
Options

Sunday Funday Chatter

My in laws won't go home and I am working a double shift tomorrow/today. Grumble grumble. Whatcha got, ladies?

Re: Sunday Funday Chatter

• Options
    How do you break up with a friend when you're an adult? We have to stay friendly because our husbands work together, but her breathing sets me over the edge and I can't be "friends" anymore.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How do you break up with a friend when you're an adult? We have to stay friendly because our husbands work together, but her breathing sets me over the edge and I can't be "friends" anymore.
    I'm kinda confused. What do you mean her breathing sets you over the edge?
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It was an exaggeration, just everything she does annoys me. Our personalities clash too much to be friends it seems like because I just never enjoy any time her and I are together. So I'm trying to to find a way to end the friendship, but not do enough damage to where gatherings will be awkward because our husbands will be working together for the next few years.
  • Options
    Well, my worst fear has come true and DH and DS now have the stomach flu. I'm still not feeling great myself but now I have to care for them. Poor DS was sleeping in a pile of vomit and I didn't notice until he woke up at 3:30 am so who knows how long that was there. I'm just rocking my sleeping babe right now because I just fed him and want to give it at least 20 min to see if he's going to throw it up right away or not. And DH is laying in the bathroom upstairs, poor guy. MIL offered to come up and help out today, but she offered that up when I was the only sick one. I want the help but don't want her entering into our plague filled house. Hmm...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• Options
    DS is taking it better than me or DH so far, heh. But I will go out and get some pedialyte in case he stops handling his formula.

Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013

• Options
    Oh no!!! Hope it passes quickly, @hordol‌
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @hordol Oh no!! Fingers crossed for a quick recovery. :(

@hlm184‌ Congrats!! :D Glad mom and baby are doing okay even though they didn't make it to the birthing center.
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Options
    deidremariadeidremaria member
    edited December 2014
    All the babies!!! Congrats new aunties!
  • Options
    When I made the decision to have a party for Dylan's birthday I vowed NOT to go on Pinterest. Well a few minutes ago I created a secret board and now I'm so torn between themes!!!!! I wasn't gonna do a theme but now I have to.
  • Options
    Stomach bug for the family is my worst nightmare... Hope everyone gets better soon!

Why won't my kid nap anymore?? You are rubbing your eyes and tired, just go to sleep!
  • Options
    I can't believe G is 9 months old already. I'm really struggling with baby fever. I want another baby so badly, however my Drs said I definitely should be done, I have pushed my luck far enough. We will hopefully adopt eventually but who knows if that will be a tiny baby or older?
  • Options
    Wonder-weeking hardcore over here.  No naps, won't go back to sleep at night.  Yikes!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    purespark said:

@joytomylifex‌ teething? Cy usually naps fine, but teething jacks him up royally.

Yeap, we are in the top teeth hell. But it's like she cannot chill out now... She is tired but is too scared to miss something to actually stop. Usually the only time she falls asleep is in the car now, because she can't be running around like crazy. She is wearin me out.
  • Options

Hoping for a quick recovery for all the sick babies and Moms!!

What do y'all think of the "your presence is the only present needed" first birthday thing? We got an invite with it and I still feel like I want to bring a book or something. I like the idea though. I'm looking at all of the Christmas gifts and I can't imagine we need much more by April. Just curious.

We got way, way, way too many toys. I am overwhelmed by them. For their birthdays we are going to include a line like that and then open a college fund for each of them. If people really want to give, they can contribute to those if they want.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the well wishes, I appreciate it. Feeling really bummed out over here. But I know it's not the worst thing that could happen and thank the lord it's not influenza.

I got this bug from my sister's family and it's going through their town like wildfire. My mom also lives there and she told me that lots of people just had the bug for less than a day, so there's hope for DS. I'm going on day three of feeling off, but I have adrenal issues and I tend to get hit harder with stuff like this. Hopefully DS is feeling back to normal by tomorrow. I just feel so bad...he's so hungry but he can't keep his food down and if I let him only eat half an ounce at a time he gets pissed. Sigh....

Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013

• Options

Hoping for a quick recovery for all the sick babies and Moms!!

What do y'all think of the "your presence is the only present needed" first birthday thing? We got an invite with it and I still feel like I want to bring a book or something. I like the idea though. I'm looking at all of the Christmas gifts and I can't imagine we need much more by April. Just curious.

I think it's technically tacky to mention it at all, but! I would totally follow the instructions & not bring anything. I know people who ask for donations to their favorite Charity - that's kid related. I like that.
    I think so too and after writing my post I was thinking it might be more awkward bringing something than not. Definitely something to consider for april.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Dahlia414Dahlia414 member
    edited December 2014
    Idk, we only have family parties and when we mentioned our idea for college funds to the inlaws they thought it was a great idea. They told us to be sure and include it on the invitation so everyone knew. Works for us I guess.
  • Options
    Dahlia414 said:

Idk, we only have family parties and when we mentioned our idea for college funds to the inlaws they thought it was a great idea. They told us to be sure and include it on the invitation so everyone knew. Works for us I guess.

We were planning a family party at first, but we have a big family. Then, at a "friends" christmas party a few of the ones with kids asked to be invited to the 1st bday party. I couldn't say no. So that has increased our invite count by 5 families because I don't feel like I could get away with only inviting the ones that asked. That's one reason the idea of no gifts became appealing when I saw the invite. I say do what works for your family. No judgement here.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @hordol hang in there. The stomach bug hit my family last month. It'll be over before you know it
  • Options
    Someone help me. I am irrationally frustrated by LO who will only nap in my arms. It has been this way for about 3 months. I feel like I am working so hard to "fix" the issue, but nothing seems to help.
  • Options
    Thank you @Bluebird2318‌ @MaiTaiBeth‌

Gradual drift is what I was thinking I should do, I just haven't hAd to take a step back from someone that I will continue to see frequently I guess
  • Options
    purespark said:

Is it tacky to make the first birthday party a book party? Maybe do a fun theme, like The Very Hungry Caterpillar? We don't need more toys, but books are always welcome in our house. I love to read, and hope LO will, too.

No way. That's super cute and practical! Pinterest has the cutest hungry caterpillar ideas.
  • Options

JWest07 said:

Someone help me. I am irrationally frustrated by LO who will only nap in my arms. It has been this way for about 3 months. I feel like I am working so hard to "fix" the issue, but nothing seems to help.

I wish I had words of advice. We are in the same boat. E will nap on his own at the sitters but not at home. On one han I hate that we can't get much done on the weekend but on the other I feel like it will end soon and I will miss rocking him. Obviously, this was no help but know you're not alone!
    Glad I'm not alone - thank you. My guy won't even nap for the sitter. I do love the rocking and snuggles, but I also have a 2yo so it makes it hard to manage an in-arms nap and play/supervision of my older boy.
  • Options
    zoopsiedaisyzoopsiedaisy member
    edited December 2014

I hate that rainbow fish. But I love a book themed party. I want to do Alice in wonderland for the girls one year.

That's funny because Alice in Wonderland always creeped me out. Different strokes. I do love the Wizard of Oz though.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Family members are usually very considerate and ask what they should get for Christmas/birthday gifts (and they *usually* follow) but what annoys me is when we ask for no "electronic" toys they laugh and think we don't want them because we don't want the noise and so they buy them anyway. We don't want them because they don't need only toys that light up and make noise. Kids need toys that allow them to use their imagination!

I'm not against noisy, light up toys, I just hate that that's the majority of what is given.
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh mylanta I haven't even thought about a birthday party and LO is one of the March A14 babies. Gah it's coming up fast.

Are you all doing a bash or just a small, immediate family thing? I like the idea of grandparents/aunts and uncles only since this is the last year we'll be able to avoid inviting other children :)

In other news, DH and LO are taking epic naps so I scrubbed the shit out of my kitchen to get a jumpstart on my New Year cleaning. I love entering into the New Year with a clean and organized house!!!! This year, I'm following a crazy detailed plan and the inner Martha in me loves it.
  • Options
    deidremariadeidremaria member
    edited December 2014

I want to come to the Where the Wild Things Are party! We went to an Alice in Wonderland birthday party this year, and it works great! She laid out good like a tea party, croquet is a built in activity, and then the kids decorated mad hatter hats. Super cute!

We don't know enough little kids for a kiddie party. :( Ours are the only kids in the family, and only one of my local friends has kids. Boo. Is it weird to send invites to kids in preschool even though I don't really know the parents? I feel bad because C gets so excited for other kids to be around.

Totally invite the kids from preschool!!! It'll be a good way to get to know the parents
  • Options
    @celticlullaby‌ invite preschool friends! We move so often that I don't have any friends for Micah, but he loves being around other kids. He starts preschool in a week and half and I'm really hoping we get invited to parties so I can get to know parents and Micah can have more kid time
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"