March 2015 Moms
Options

Glucose screen

I'm currently 28 weeks and one day but haven't had time to go get my glucose screening test done yet due to work, holidays and the possibility of moving houses! Does it make a difference if I do it this week or is it too late? I'm so stressed as is with everything on my plate just wanted some feed back that it will be okay on going this late?

Re: Glucose screen

• Options
    urani said:

Wtf kind of question is this? Just get it done.

Yea. We are all busy but still make time to do the things we are responsible for. Go do it.

But it's OK. Because:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine told me 'after 27 weeks' but if imagine the closer to the date your doc have you the better.
  • Options
    My doctor didn't even schedule mine until almost 30 weeks, so I'm guessing you'd be fine.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    September Siggy Challenge- You had one job

BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    most people do theirs around 28 weeks. You're fine, go book yourself an appointment. 
  • Options
    You should probably learn to distinguish questions that are good to ask friends/family/random strangers, and questions that are meant for your doctor. This is obviously the latter kind. Ask your doctor.
    - - -
    Me(33) & DH(33) - Married 2012.08.18
    TTC #1 since Aug 2012
    BFP#1 2012.12.14 - EDD 2013.08.23 - MC 2012.12.26
    BFP#2 2014.03.12 - EDD 2014.11.16 - MC 2014.05.23
    BFP#3 2014.07.17 - EDD 2015.03.28 - Feeling Hopeful!
  • Options
    Here's a thought... be an adult and schedule the damn test. I was given the script and told to do it between Dec. 23 and Jan. 5 -- smack dab in the middle of the holidays. Guess what? I still found time to schedule my test. It's not that difficult to be an adult and prioritize.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 28 | SO: 28
    BFP: July 22, 2014 | EDD: March 28, 2015
    For Suzy and all M15 Loss Moms
  • Options
    Due to the holidays and the dr office closing, I am going next week and I'll be 29.5 weeks. It doesn't seem to be problematic.
  • Options
    kfooy1 said:

I'm currently 28 weeks and one day but haven't had time to go get my glucose screening test done yet due to work, holidays and the possibility of moving houses! Does it make a difference if I do it this week or is it too late? I'm so stressed as is with everything on my plate just wanted some feed back that it will be okay on going this late?

How does the "possibility" of something keep one from scheduling an important appt that takes one hour? You're being seen every 4 weeks right? I did mine on my regular checkup day and saw the doctor right after I had the drink.

I'm also not sure why you would think we would know any better than your doctor...
  • Options
    I did mine at 28 weeks and failed, then I had to go back in yesterday at 29 weeks to retest. They never stressed to me about when to go in, but after I failed they wanted me back ASAP.

#1 BFP 11/6/12 EDD 07/19/13 Delivered 07/23/13 - Baby boy Everett John

#2 BFP 07/06/14 EDD 03/12/15

• Options
    She was just asking a question if it's to late or not no need to be bitchy about it !
  • Options

She was just asking a question if it's to late or not no need to be bitchy about it !

Punctuation please.
  • Options
    People come on forums for advise from others, and maybe make friends. There are a lot of really nice people on here but there are the odd few that feel it's better to put people down rather than advise an that's really sad.
  • Options
    People come on forums for advise from others, and maybe make friends. There are a lot of really nice people on here but there are the odd few that feel it's better to put people down rather than advise an that's really sad.
    Lots of people advised her with good advice. The advice was to make time to take the glucose test. Pretty simple and basic. I'm sorry your reading comprehension is so poor. 
  • Options
    It's called predictive txt.
  • Options
    Grow up u silly girl.
  • Options
    And that "predictive text" adjusts itself to your text patterns, spelling, and grammar which aren't looking so hot. Trust me. I have experience in this. I have had my phone for a few months now and it barely stopped saying shot and ducking.
  • Options
    Anyway, I am 29 weeks today and just took the test this morning because it's the first day since I got the prescription that the lab has been open and I didn't feel like I was going to puke the minute I drank the juice. According to this quick google search I did 30 seconds ago it should generally be between 24-28 weeks, though anything after 24 weeks is fine. Although the later you go it kind of defeats the purpose for getting screened in the first place since the point of getting screened is to get treated.
  • Options

Grow up u silly girl.

WTF? Silly rabbit trix are for kids!
  • Options
    Mine's gonna be at 29 weeks - I hadn't even considered it being late.
    @Whitfry‌ you always know how stuff 'n junk works! ;)
  • Options
    I had mine a week ago at 30.
  • Options
    Reddz221 said:

I had mine a week ago at 30.

No one cares. Go away.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    STFU clearly you care enough to continue replying to me.
  • Options
    Reddz221 said:

STFU clearly you care enough to continue replying to me.

:-@
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    You should have swallowed.
  • Options
  • Options
    Reddz221 said:

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    No but clearly some of you ladies (using the term loosely) still are. Which is why you're still choosing to type my way. Even on others posts. Pretty pathetic.
  • Options
    salmphil said:

Mine's gonna be at 29 weeks - I hadn't even considered it being late.
    @Whitfry‌ you always know how stuff 'n junk works! ;)

Sometimes the shit I say is actually true, too!
  • Options
    Reddz221 said:

Well aren't you sweet. You get what you give pumpkin.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"