April 2014 Moms
Options

Wednesday Daily Chatter

Good Morning! It's Christmas Eve! I have so much cooking/baking to do today!

Re: Wednesday Daily Chatter

• Options
    I have to finish knitting my last stocking, pack, wrap a few presents, run to Tatget plus the Christmas Eve stuff of church and baking cookies and such. It's going to be a busy day! And G finally started sleeping through the night 3 nights ago and now we are going to leave town and mess it all up.
  • Options
    All 3 of my kids are now sick. DH and I are just congested at this point. Looks like no Christmas mass or visiting with family for us this year. FIL is on chemo, so we can't share our germs with him. Merry Christmas Eve!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mommyofmac I don't even think MB can save my horrid cookies. Thankfully I'm baking appetizer foods for our Christmas Eve Party tonight. No cookies. Ha!
  • Options
    Starting the beef burgundy for tonight's dinner momentarily.  The movers are doing a walk-through at 10:30, then I need to run out and grab a last couple of things before we snuggle down for some family time!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Everyone in the house was up by 7 (but when I wake up at 5 for work, 7 is definitely sleeping in!) we are hosting my ILs and BIL and family today. So setting up for that, prepping for dinner (pork tenderloin and creamy polenta!) and then Christmas Eve services! Thankfully, all gifts are wrapped, so I'm trying to enjoy this day more than stress.

~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Good morning! I'm so tired! LO decided not to sleep much last night. Maybe she's anticipating the holiday. Hopefully after I finish nursing her, she'll sleep for a couple more hours so I can sleep! I have to go to the store today, and I haven't wrapped a single gift! We are celebrating with my paretbs and siblings tonight, and I'm looking forward to that!

Photobucket imageimage

• Options
    I'm at work for a half day today. After that I'll be making crab cakes with my mom, then getting ready for church. We have a few presents still to wrap. I love wrapping too!!!

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    Bourbon slush might be the only way to trick me into drinking bourbon...

I'm trying to get LO to daycare ass early so I can get to target and work ASAP. I have to organize all the family gifts and make sure everything is fair... Quicker it's done, the quicker I go home! I bought stuff to have Isla paint a mat and put a pic in, but forgot so that might be on the list today... Haha
  • Options
    Jealous of all the festivities today. I wasn't brave enough to take both kiddos into the office today. LO is actively teething and is not happy, the toddler has already hit me in the face with a toy - its too early for a drink right? My brothers family bailed on us for dinner tonight so it'll just be us and my Dad - I am just ordering in. Looking forward to Christmas morning but dreading going to the in-laws for dinner. Bah Humbug...lol
  • Options
    Or a wine slushie!!! So tasty!

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    Has anyone let their LO try bacon yet? DH would like to let her suck on a piece at Xmas breakfast tomorrow as a treat and I am leery due to the grease and salt.... Should I suck it up and let it be Christmas for all?
  • Options
    juniper75 said:
    Has anyone let their LO try bacon yet? DH would like to let her suck on a piece at Xmas breakfast tomorrow as a treat and I am leery due to the grease and salt.... Should I suck it up and let it be Christmas for all?
    We've done it.
  • Options
    hordolhordol member
    edited December 2014
    I'd try the bacon. Yesterday I let DS eat a little salami.

I got up early and baked some ginger molasses cookies to go with all the peanut butter blossoms I baked yeaterday. Now we are on my way to my parents house. I kind of sucked at gifts this year. Hope everyone likes the random crap I got them!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• Options
    Add me to the annoyed list. Boyfriends sister just threw a shit fit we were going to my moms after church since this is her first Christmas home in 2 yrs. I wanna shake her and remind her life doesn't revolve around her I have a family too. Not how I wanted to spend Christmas Eve morning esp since she's known of these plans for weeks and we told her she can come over for presents in the morning. Total eye roll :-@
  • Options
    snowboundsnowbound member
    edited December 2014

And I finished all the knitted presents, and blocking the tardis hat did wonders! Not bad for 3 weeks.
    I'm feeling pretty accomplished, but I should still probably get off my phone before my husband's head explodes...

I think I need to learn how to knit just so I can make that cable hat. Very cute!
  • Options
    Definitely going to be a strange Christmas this year, since DHs dad passsed away less than 2 weeks ago.
    Going to start all my baking in an hour or so. Have no really felt in the mood to do it. Dh put up the tree the other day so we can at least get some pictures of Aryssa with the tree.
    To appease my MIL we are going to mass later. I havent been in a church in probably 15 years at least but she always goes for Christmas and didnt want to go alone. I hope this wont turn into a regular things. (DH and I are just not religious people and I feel like a fake if we go and pretend)
    We will do presents here tonight :) and we are driving to my moms in Orlando for dinner and presents on Christmas day. will be rough but still looking forward to a little normalcy.
  • Options
    Also I totally want a tardis hat for my LO. I need to learn to knit
  • Options
    My mom is supposed to be hosting dinner tonight.  She has the stomach plague, so that will not be happening.  Luckily we had divided up the side dishes, so now my dad and Step Mom will be hosting (they all get along).  We will just meet at a different location.

Still wish my Mom were feeling better.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options
    Talltrees82Talltrees82 member
    edited December 2014
    Merry Christmas Eve!

One Christmas down, three to go! We decided not to cancel our plans even with LO being sick. He got antibiotics on Monday and by yesterday evening he was feeling a lot better. We stayed over at our friends' place last night and now we're hanging out at the ILs for the next 24 hours, which is really relaxing since I don't have to cook or clean! LO's been napping here for almost two hours.

Tomorrow will be the test going to my parents' and my aunt's, but they live close together and close to us so we can bail if we need to.

Wishing you all a stress-free, magical Christmas!

Edit for typos
  • Options
    Oh, Christmas! My pecan pie is baking and the cookie dough is freezing. Tomorrow my DH has to go pick his mom up an hour away on Christmas Day. Terrible planning! She better not be herself tomorrow or I'll be super agitated. At least I get 3 hours to cook/set everything up alone without be pestered.
  • Options

And I finished all the knitted presents, and blocking the tardis hat did wonders! Not bad for 3 weeks.

I'm feeling pretty accomplished, but I should still probably get off my phone before my husband's head explodes...

I love the one with the bow - that's amazing!
  • Options
    mamrotu73 said:

A loves him some yogurt bits. I tried them and it's like astronaut ice cream. But yogurt.
    They get stuck to his drooly hands though and he gets confused when he can't find them in his palm. So then he shovels more up.

Thanks for reminding me about these! I forgot I bought them. LO is shoving them in her mouth now :).
  • Options
    Pro-tip: the pre-made slice and go sugar cookie dough does not work for cookie cutters.
  • Options
    poru said:

mamrotu73 said:

A discovered the doorstop spring thing on the wall. It is the most interesting thing ever apparently.

z loves it too. It makes such a good springy noise!
    Liam loves playing with our vents! He goes straight for the knob that allows you to close it and then strums his fingers on the vents like it's an instrument.
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Nothing says baby's first Christmas like cleaning your daughters vomit out of your cleavage in the bathroom of the emergency room after you've been in the car for 15 hours.

Then she puked on her dad.

We are referring to it as her most expensive Christmas that she will ever have.
  • Options
    My dog tore his ACL a few months ago, we were quoted 5000 and told it had a low chance of success. We def don't have 5000 and he doesn't seem like he's in any pain. He just runs around on 3 legs most of the time now.
  • Options
    It's a bittersweet Xmas here. My cousin has been fighting cancer for a really long time. She's on her forth round of chemo, but no matter how sick she has been she's always had everyone over for christmas eve. Two days ago she collapsed and had to be rushed to ICU, and a respirator is doing about 90% of her breathing and she's not fully conscious. Her parents have said their goodbyes and she will be spending her remaining time with her husband by her side, but I don't know where her nine year old son is currently and if he's been able to see her. It's so sad. I've been sensing this for a couple of weeks now, but I was hoping it'd be after Christmas for the sake of her family. My brother is in town with his wife and two year old little girl, so we're trying to also focus on our first Christmas in our new home and my nieces first "cognitive" christmas. It's like we're taking turns mourning and celebrating. Her poor little boy, can you imagine your mommy dying the same night that Santa brings you toys? I'd give six more weeks of my life just spare six weeks of hers. But, deep breath, this is the year that I have many blessing this holiday and I do not take that for granted.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @Ashleypixie‌ oh how awful- I'm so sorry :(

• Options
    I'm really annoyed! My mom insisted on hosting Christmas Eve. She also insisted on it being at night which I also don't mind. I told her that the time she's expecting me to show up is right when Dylan is usually winding down for bed. All I asked was that there be some place he and I can relax so he can go to bed comfortably. Well we get here and not only does she have loud music playing, but her and her bf are STILL getting the house ready. I'm obviously not gonna ask her to turn off her music because it's her house but there is no where the baby and I can relax.
  • Options
    @Ashleypixie‌ so sorry to hear!

@tlp2558‌ they ran a few tests and took an x-Ray. It looks like it is just a bad virus, maybe a continuation on the one that have her a rash last week. So we are just monitoring her fever, keeping her hydrates and snuggling.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"