January 2015 Moms

Thursday randoms

Good morning!  I will start this off today!

Re: Thursday randoms

• The CV joint broke in our car last night and DH had to wake the boys out of bed (he went to the store alone) to push it home.  It was less than 1/2 mile away.  My DS said they got 'pulled over' lol.  It was just a cop checking on them.  

I hope DH can fix it quickly today!  I'm freaking out that this would be the time I go into labor!  Looks like I will miss my Dr's appointment today.
  • Just woke up but sat up too fast because the dog came into the bedroom and jumped up on the bed (that's a no no in this house). Just bumping waiting out the pains (muscle, ligaments and contraction) from sitting up too fast.

Student movie buy out this afternoon. Glad I have the time to finish up marking and paperwork before the holidays.

Staff party after school today. I'm actually excited to see some of my old colleagues I haven't seen since commencement.

Happy Thursday!
  • Loading the player...
  • Our baby has a heart arrhythmia (Diagnosed at 34 weeks, I haven't been around these parts due to work :( ) We have a whole bunch of MFM appointments and another at the Children's Hospital. I was trying to decide between an RCS and VBAC - my guess is that RCS makes more sense at this point. My RCS will be done at 39 weeks, which means only four weeks to go. I CAN'T believe it! 
  • Hi everyone! Hope you all have a great day. Big hugs to those that need them today. I'm all post and run for a few days because work is making me actually work. How rude! :smiley:
                Jan 15 January Siggy Challenge
                  Newborn/Baby Fails

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image

• Happy birthday @FitmomJess‌
    I just got a text that one of my old friends was in labor for 24 hours yesterday! She was induced, I seriously hope it doesn't take that long for everyone else!
  • Dr. Appointment today. Its my 34 week appt but im 35 weeks in two days so am curious whether it will be a bit more than the heartbeat, blood pressure, measurement check. Not looking for more tests at this point but definitely feel like I have more questions.
  • Happy birthday @FitmomJess!  Welcome to the 31 club.  Don't worry, my DD says that's still young.

Enjoying morning traffic CMB?  When do you go on leave?  I hope soon.  I don't want to read that you gave birth on the side of the highway.
    Of course! It's the highlight of my day -_-  

I officially start on leave Jan. 5th (at 38w4d), but technically the 24th of this month. I get Dec. 25th, Jan. 1st, and Jan. 2nd as holidays and am taking PTO for Dec. 26-31 with what remains-- it's use it or lose it for us.

I'm kind of concerned about going into labor on the highway or getting stuck in traffic as someone drives me home while in labor... the managers here (all guys) are convinced that I will go into labor at work and have the baby immediately so I'm on the first ambulance--they won't even let me walk the 5 blocks!-- to BMC or tufts. I crack up every time. The ladies are all "oh, we'll just sneak you out the back door and not tell them =))
    You'd probably get there quicker walking!  Yay for almost being done w/ work!
  • @CMB I think you should have a shopping cart handy so someone could wheel you to the hospital at a moments notice!

You are delivering in Boston or NH?  
  • After intense cramping and typical BH last night, things subsided.

I finished my pee collection this morning and need to bring it back to the lab. I need to shower first. Just working up the energy to do so.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • #1: I feel like I am the only one that hasn't had an ultrasound since my 20 week appointment.... I am assuming my Dr. feels like all is normal and its not necessary, but I would still love to see my little girl. Also kind of weird because I switched to a different doctor and hospital after 20 weeks so this place has only seen what the last place did. 

#2: I plan on working right up until I go into labor (or doctor says I should stay home - don't see this happening though). I don't know how all the ladies on bed rest are doing it, I have to stay busy! I am tired of everyone at work making comments like: "you haven't had that baby yet?", "You aren't taking any time off before she gets here?"...... I think I am just to the point I don't want to talk about being pregnant at all anymore, unless its with my doctor or DH lol.
  • Doctor appointment yesterday. Appointment Monday to check on the growth. DH can't make it so my Mom and 2 LO'S are coming. Looking forward to that. Already thinking about dinner out with friends tomorrow night. For today, heading to a play date then off to a couple stores for some last minute Christmas shopping.
  • Re: Ultrasounds.  I've had 4 and will have two more due to GD and gestational hypertension.  I had a dating US, anatomy scan, had to have a follow up anatomy scan because she wouldn't cooperate, and a growth scan.  Next week I'll have an AFI (check fluid levels) and at 38 weeks, another growth scan.  While it's nice to see her each time, I get annoyed every time he says he wants another US.  I feel like even though I have good insurance, they're going to get tired of paying for it and it's going to start costing me money! lol. 

With my son, I had one and only one ultrasound and that was the anatomy scan.  I'd happily give up all these extra ultrasounds this go around to not be high risk. :(  Right now, I go to the hospital on Tuesday and Fridays for NSTs and then have weekly appointments (have been going weekly since 29 weeks) on Wednesdays.  It feels like a full time job! :))
    Me: 31 DH:36
    DSS: 15 DS: 7
    DD born 1/3/15

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • rayna912rayna912 member
    edited December 2014
    Still laying in bed here. Last night was kinda rough. The pain in my hips and pelvis is unimaginable >.<
    I'm sure it doesn't help that last night when I was walking to my mailbox, I slipped and tried to do the splits. So glad DH was walking with me or I would have hit the ground. He caught me mid split. So I think today we will take it easy.
    Hope everyone has a good day!!!
    I'll probably be laying on the couch, creeping on TB all day lol

Edit: because iPhone thinks creeping needs to be crouching O.o
  • Happy birthday @fitmomjess !

I slept like crap last night - woke up 4 times - one of them was because the dog was coughing up a lung. He had been licking the bedroom carpet yesterday and I think he must have had some fibers in his throat or something. Poor thing couldn't handle it in the middle of the night. I kept thinking "this is good practice for being a parent..."

After today, I only have 8 more work days, and 2 of them we get out early. I.Can.Do.This....
  • Random question, when you see HDBD do you think of the EBDBBNB? Or am i the only one?

• kellyfo14 said:

Random question, when you see HDBD do you think of the EBDBBNB? Or am i the only one?

I have no idea what this means.

It's from The League. I know a lot of the ladies on here watch it. :)
  • I think nesting is kicking in. I'm fighting urges to take down the christmas tree already!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Happy birthday @FitmomJess‌ ! :)

Bawled my eyes out this morning reading/watching this. Pregnancy is really messing with my emotions.
    https://barkpost.com/uk-surprise-puppy-gift/

3rd 24 hr urine analysis...ugh. So I'm staying at home all day today to pee in a bucket. Fun fun. Will hopefully get some cleaning done around the house and start holiday baking. Really want to go shopping for baby.
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @saiven‌, true but I really needed to shower. Now I just need to get dressed and hobble out the door. The hip pain is so intense. I feel like my 90 year old grandma is more spry than I am right now.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Brought Beau home yesterday to get 5 minutes from home and get a call saying great grandma might have influenza a. Called the pediatrician and got the two older kids tamilfu and said its still safe to come home. Now I have a 3 year old and 18 month old struggling to understand why their little brother is off limits. I just can't catch a break :(
    How long is the off limits period? Hopefully it flies by and no one gets sick! That has to be hard!
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • @FitmomJess‌ - happy birthday!!! Just getting home after a nearly 15 hour shift because I discovered my patient was stroking out at shift change. Called a code, patient went to cat scan, and apparently it's so bad he has to transfer to our bigger sister hospital for treatment. Hoping he's going to be okay, happy I caught it. After 3 shifts in a row, I am physically a mess. My back hurts so damn bad. I plan on taking all of the Tylenol and sleeping for days! Hope everyone's OB appts go well today!!
    Sounds like you've earned every ounce of sleep coming your way. Enjoy!!
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • @saiven - Will do :) I think the next few days will be pretty slow (Thank Goodness!) So hopefully I can dive in a little more!
  • I decided I wanted pretty toes this morning. I attempted to paint them myself, but I couldn't finish. Belly is far too big to bend.
    I asked Ds1(he's 14) to help me out-he was so kind and he finished the job.

Not the best work I've seen, but it'll work. .... For now.

Gotta run, need to get beautiful for the day. I have my mfm this morning, then I may go get a few more things for Christmas!

• @saiven - I can't really sit up - that's the problem!

@tkr7c9 - I haven't had an US since my 20 week either (aside from the elective 3D one that we paid for).

To the rest also in pain this morning - my contractions have finally stopped, but now it feels like she's just nuzzling up on my cervix.  Cervix pain is no joke!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"