January 2013 Moms

NBR: Non-child-related TV

I need to replenish my TV-watching queue on Hulu and Vudu.  What are you all currently obsessed with?  The only thing I can't handle is tons of violence (which rules out about half the good shows like Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones :().

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR: Non-child-related TV

• Right up my alley, but I've already watched it (and waiting for more!).  Isn't it great?
  • Sherlock is awesome and so is the Mindy project. I have been pleasantly surprised by Jane the Virgin too.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Loading the player...
  • House of Cards, Scandal and Lost or The Office!

Has anyone watched True Detective? That's next up on our list.
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • We have Amazon Prime, not Hulu or Vudu but DH and I just finished watching True Blood. Loved it--but definitely has some violence in it. We just started watching Sons of Anarchy (again--think it may be on the violent side).

Some other favorites of mine are Revenge and Switched at Birth. I have also heard good things about Parenthood, but never watched it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • doctor who? once upon a time?

• DCKate said:
    House of Cards, Scandal and Lost or The Office! Has anyone watched True Detective? That's next up on our list.
    I watched less than 2 minutes of True Detective before I quit. It was too much for me. I've been watching Grey's Anatomy, I'd never seen it before. Love Call the Midwife and Sherlock. I'm re-watching Sherlock because DH didn't see it with me. 

Top of the Lake
  • I am just finishing Army Wives, I just got hooked one day and last night I'm almost finished with season 7...the final one. Pretty good, lots of tears.

Next on my list is season 2 of Vikings...but that has lots of violence I'm sure. I'd really like to watch Downtown Abby...see what all the scuttlebutt is about! I got really into Revenge too but I think I watched all the seasons they have on Netflix.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Thanks for all the suggestions.  I already LOVE Parenthood, Mad Men, and Parks and Rec.  And Community - any Community fans out there. We don't have cable, but I have Amazon Prime, Vudu, and Hulu.  I gave up on Netflix awhile ago.

Based on what you guys suggested, I'm going to try The Wrong Mans, the Mindy Project, and Jane the Virgin.  And I need to try more of the PBS stuff - I have liked the few episodes of Call the Midwife that I've seen, I forgot about that.

Love the idea of watching Jane Austen flicks at Christmas!

Someone on FB posted something about Transparency, anyone seen that?
  • Archer
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"