August 2014 Moms
Options

Stupid Question Thread

We haven't had one in awhile....

Re: Stupid Question Thread

• Options
    When the doctor says, no second baby for a year post c/s, does that mean don't try until DD is 1 or don't give birth until DD is 1?
  • Options
    My son has a mild diaper rash and it creeped up to his wee balls. I'm assuming it's ok to put diaper rash cream on it? I've just put the aquaphor stuff to help it heal as of now and let him soak in the bath a bit longer
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                        Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I slather diaper cream all over my boy's parts. Balls, leg crevices, butt crack. But I just squeeze the cream in the diaper and smoosh it in.
  • Options
    Dawn5481 said:

When the doctor says, no second baby for a year post c/s, does that mean don't try until DD is 1 or don't give birth until DD is 1?

I think it means don't try until they're 1, but my doctor gave me the go ahead after 3 months.
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• Options
    Kandreas1 said:
    My son has a mild diaper rash and it creeped up to his wee balls. I'm assuming it's ok to put diaper rash cream on it? I've just put the aquaphor stuff to help it heal as of now and let him soak in the bath a bit longer
    Do you do any naked time? I let DS hang out with no diaper for a bit on a towel it really helps when he's rashy to let the air get to it.

Air out the balls...got it! I'll try it ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

How do you know when a cough is bad enough to go to the ped vs. just a basic uncomplicated coldy cough?  

Different pedis have different criteria but if it's affecting breathing I would go to the ER and if it's affecting eating/sleeping a lot I'd go to the pedi. Otherwise I'd check for fever and wait it out. Some coughs seem to take forever to go away.

• Options
    The breast milk I have in the fridge (that was pumped yesterday) has a blueish tinge to it. TF is that all about?
  • Options
    shevaCC said:

How do you know when a cough is bad enough to go to the ped vs. just a basic uncomplicated coldy cough?  

Different pedis have different criteria but if it's affecting breathing I would go to the ER and if it's affecting eating/sleeping a lot I'd go to the pedi. Otherwise I'd check for fever and wait it out. Some coughs seem to take forever to go away.

This exactly.

imageimage
  • Options
    Does anyone else experience constant headaches? I thought maybe it was just hormones and BF but I literally have a headache every single day. I would say lack of sleep but I am getting more sleep now. The past week they have been horrible where it even hurts to bend over and stand back up.

I'm planning on asking the dr next week but I hope it is something simple.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Joy1192 said:

Does anyone else experience constant headaches? I thought maybe it was just hormones and BF but I literally have a headache every single day. I would say lack of sleep but I am getting more sleep now. The past week they have been horrible where it even hurts to bend over and stand back up.

Are you drinking enough water? I tend to get headaches when I don't drink enough, which is often.
  • Options
    amj1053 said:

Joy1192 said:

Are you drinking enough water? I tend to get headaches when I don't drink enough, which is often.
    I think I'll try to double what I have been drinking and see if it helps.
  • Options
    Joy1192 said:

I did for a good 5-6 weeks straight. I was too scared to go to the doctor. Pretty sure it was stress related and side effects from the Zoloft.

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I'm just love titting for the responses. Not because of your headaches. I'm sorry to anyone who has to deal with it.

The chiropractor might not be a bad idea @caybeh‌. I have been pretty out of place since have LO.
  • Options
    Joy1192 said:

I'm just love titting for the responses. Not because of your headaches. I'm sorry to anyone who has to deal with it.

The chiropractor might not be a bad idea @caybeh‌. I have been pretty out of place since have LO.

So, I dealt with this. It actually ended up I had a brain tumor. I tried chiropractors and massage and (obviously) nothing worked.

My advice would be to go to a neurologist who specializes in headaches. There are a surprising amount of things that cause headaches (some as simple as vitamin deficiencies) and they can help you figure it out.
  • Options
    I am also dealing with headaches. When I used to take BC pills I would get a headache on the non hormone days and when I went off to get pregnant I had a nonstop headache for two weeks. I also had some bad ones after giving birth. Now I think it is a combo of sometimes hormones still regulating, tiredness, my neck is bothering me and I am trying to be more aware of my posture when BF, and the last week or so I have been getting low blood sugar symptoms if I don't eat enough or often enough. I am struggling with them though :(
  • Options

Joy1192 said:

So, I dealt with this. It actually ended up I had a brain tumor. I tried chiropractors and massage and (obviously) nothing worked.

My advice would be to go to a neurologist who specializes in headaches. There are a surprising amount of things that cause headaches (some as simple as vitamin deficiencies) and they can help you figure it out.
    Oh my gosh. That is scary. Did you have other symptoms or just the headache?
  • Options

I am also dealing with headaches. When I used to take BC pills I would get a headache on the non hormone days and when I went off to get pregnant I had a nonstop headache for two weeks. I also had some bad ones after giving birth. Now I think it is a combo of sometimes hormones still regulating, tiredness, my neck is bothering me and I am trying to be more aware of my posture when BF, and the last week or so I have been getting low blood sugar symptoms if I don't eat enough or often enough. I am struggling with them though :(

It is awful! It is hard to want to take care of kids when you just want to lay down all day. Noise and light has been driving me crazy! I hope you find something that helps you feel better!
  • Options
    @Joy1192‌ Thank you and you too! I think I am going to schedule a massage soon. I haven't wanted to spend the $$$ but I think it would help!
  • Options
    I just do a onesie under a Zipadee Zip @natalien1181‌. Sometimes, I don't put anything but it depends on how warm our upstairs is.
  • Options
    We do cotton sleep and play under a zipadee zip. When I switch him to a regular sleep sack I will use a sleeveless one over a cotton sleep and play.
  • Options

@Joy1192‌ my Lil dude hated to be swaddled from day 4 lol. I've been thinking about the zipadee for some time now but worry he will hate it since it's meant to transition from a swaddle. It's appealing to me as well as it keeps his little hands covered. It helps with the constant need to eat his fist although he doesn't do it at night. And the skin cuts from his ridiculous nails. I file them daily and yet I still find scratches everywhere !!!

I, personally, love the Zipadee Zip. She has always hated to be swaddled and it is the perfect in between for us. If I leave her with nothing she wakes up a lot but the Zip gives her just enough resistance to sleep deeply for 2-3 hours.
  • Options
    Joy1192 said:

Joy1192 said:

Oh my gosh. That is scary. Did you have other symptoms or just the headache?
    Yes and no :). The tumor most likely had been growing for a while. I didn't have any symptoms that I noticed. I always had headaches, but not daily.

Then around 4 months pregnant I started getting migraines. I was throwing up constantly, too. Of course they chalked both symptoms up to pregnancy, but it seemed very extreme to me.

I went to tons of doctors, chiropractors, physical therapists - nothing helped. I was hoping giving birth would solve it.

Finally at 36 weeks pregnant my vision started going foggy in my left eye. After a few more doctor visits they did an MRI and found the tumor.

They induced me at 37 weeks and I had brain surgery two days later.

My tumor had hemorrhaged. They suspect that's when my symptoms increased.

Also, my tumor stimulated my human growth horomone. So my skull, feet, and hands grew. But I had chalked my shoes and rings not fitting to being pregnant and swollen in the middle of summer.

The whole thing was a mess. But I learned A LOT about headaches along the way.
  • Options

Not really a stupid question, but I didn't want to start a new thread.

When I got up to shower this morning, I took my nursing bra off and I had two spots of blood (I assume it was blood...) on my nursing pad! I checked my boob and didn't see anything, so I was freaking out because that's the boob I nursed DD on MOTN last night. Checked DD and didn't see anything on her either.

Kind of freaking out wondering where it came from...??  

• Options
    I used some breast milk from the deep freezer today. It was from September so still should be good. After thawing it and warming it up it smelled a little funny. Not bad or sour, but maybe like it had taken on the smell of the storage bag or freezer. Anyone else ever have this? Is the milk bad? It didn't taste sour.
  • Options
    So, we just left LO's 4 month appt. Things were great except she said the night time wakings mean that LO is still hungry after a day of nursing. She said it should be okay to start some solids since her head doesn't bob and she can't support it herself.

Was anyone else told this?? I am thinking about trying it to see if it helps at night but I have always been a firm no solids before 6 months person.
  • Options
    Is there any way to prevent my LO from crapping into her who-ha? Is my kid the only one who does this?
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Dawn5481 said:
    Is there any way to prevent my LO from crapping into her who-ha? Is my kid the only one who does this?
    I was wondering about this with girls. We have a boy but sometimes the crap works its way all the way around and above his junk. I can't even imagine what it's like with a girl. It makes me worry about infections and such.
  • Options
    amj1053amj1053 member
    edited December 2014
    About what age do they learn how to put the paci back in by their self? DD has started grasping it and pulling it out but she's no where close to being able to put it back in.

Eta: paci not pack, autocorrect.
  • Options
    amj1053amj1053 member
    edited December 2014
    MrsDeo said:

zoegirlTX said:

Pink021 said:

is the pacifier easy to grasp? I was using soothies, but I just picked up a different with a lil handle and LO seems to like it and be able to use it better on his own.

it's just a MAM one.  Her favorite new game, beside trying to stick her hands in her  mouth, is doing so while the paci is in, thus grabbing the paci & actually pulling it out!

QUOTE FAIL

The same thing happens here! I'm literally playing the paci game to try to extend a nap right now. Her favorite pacis are the MAM ones, but she'll take the Dr. Brown's. The handle on Dr. B's make it easier for her to pull out, and she's not coordinated enough yet to put any of them back in.

My main plan is to wait it out until she figures out that skill. Sometimes it does help if I wait a bit before giving it back, because she sometimes just wants to fuss it out before she's ready to really settle down with the paci. But then other times it seems like she's waking up too much without it and I don't want to wait. It's a crazy balancing act and I'm not very good at it.

END QUOTE

I've tried waiting it out, too. Sometimess she starts stirring and fussing and sounds like she lost it so i rush in to find that she still has it and is just making noise. When she really does lose it I have to hurry and stick it back in bc if I wait too long she wakes herself up and then takes forever to go back to sleep. I can't wait until she can find the paci and put it back in.

Eta: fix quote
  • Options
    Are some babies just not swatters? LO doesn't swat or kick at anything!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"