Breastfeeding
Options

Time to wean ! Advice/support

Well I'm so happy to say I reached my goal of BF info until at least a year it's actually more then that but we had SUCH a hard time in the beginning to get here feels amazing and it's mostly from the support of you ladies so I thank you for that. We BF just am and before bed now, he takes water and milk from a straw cup and eats really well. But it's time to wean as I am going back to work and I'm a shift worker with extremely unpredicatable shifts so I want to make sure he's comfortable going to bed with someone else other then myself. The am feed will be easy to drop and I'm not worried about that, just concerned about before bed our routine is bath, lotion, Jammies, book, breastfeed, in crib usually sleepy but still awake, he then will roll around until comfy and fell asleep. Just wondering how other moms have gone about dropping the before bed feed, he doesn't feed for super long and I'm sure it's more of just a settle down and comfort thing now as opposed to actual drinking milk. Any suggestions or advice would be great ! Hubby is also a shift worker so he can take over bedtime routine sometimes but not consistently during the weaning process so I want LO to be comfortable with me putting him down without the boob. Also he's not much of a boob guy is never asks for it I only offer it in the am and before bed and he takes it. Thanks so much for reading :)

Re: Time to wean ! Advice/support

• Options
    I was the only one who had put my daughter to bed until 10 months old. My DD would also breastfeed and then I would put her down drowsy but awake. She would roll around and then fall asleep. I had to work late one night (planned). DH gave her a bottle of milk in her room and put her down drowsy but awake. She went down as usual. This has happened a number of times since with the same results.

My DS....we'll just say was a different story.

Good luck
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"