December 2014 Moms
Options

How many dirty looks am I going to get?

If I go to the public swimming pool in a bikini right now? It would be stupid and against my cheapness to buy a maternity suit right now with only three weeks or so to go. So, I either deal with the looks in a two piece (not string bikini, full coverage bottoms and top but belly would be on full display) or not go at all. Swimming sounds like it would feel so good on my back right now... This is a stupid question and I'm not sure I even care about the looks but I'm posting anyway!

#1 DS 12/13/14
#2 DD 7/1/17
EDD 2/29/20 MC 7/19/19
#3 EDD 5/29/19

Re: How many dirty looks am I going to get?

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I don't know why I needed someone else to tell me to go. Thanks! Maybe I'll get a funny story out of it.
    #1 DS 12/13/14
    #2 DD 7/1/17
    EDD 2/29/20 MC 7/19/19
    #3 EDD 5/29/19
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Go for it!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Thing 1: 6/2012 Thing 2: Due 12/2014
  • Options
    Go do your thing and don't even look at anyone else. You probably don't know most of the people there anyway, so who cares what they think?!
  • Options
    Honestly, my boobs got so big I couldn't wear any of my bikinis now. Go for it, people will probably stare just because you are pregnant, one piece or not. My sister was pregnant with twins and went, but she didn't like the weightless feeling of her belly while swimming. Rock out in your bikini!
    D14 - Free For All
    In loving memory of Baby HP42 and all D14 Angel Babies

• Options
    I would just wear the 2 piece. I'm sure no one will care. We are always our biggest critics anyway.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options
    The relief from the back pain will make you not care. Promise.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Do it!! I was in the same boat, I couldn't justify forking out the ridiculous amount for "maternity" swimwear.

The only people that looked at me weird were kids. Like little kids.
  • Options
    I'd go for it. My cousin had her baby in July and swimming saved her back and really helped her with pain management near the end. If you are self-conscious, keep on a tight tank or tee on top or keep on some jogging shorts, whatever you have that provides extra coverage. If you feel good in just a bathing suit, wear that. #fuckthehaters
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It's December, where do you live that public pools are still open?! I'm jealous!
  • Options
    I wear a two piece in the pool, can't say I've gotten any funnier looks than my giant belly does otherwise. I can't imagine that pulling on and off a one piece is very easy either, especially wet. The water feels sooooooo good, too, that it's worth any amount of self- consciousness. Enjoy!
    TTC since February, 2014 #1 for me, #2 for DH

• Options

kelsz12 said:

It's December, where do you live that public pools are still open?! I'm jealous!

Um... indoor pools? I live in Canada, everything is covered in ice and snow already, and we have tons of pools here.

Ohhh that makes sense. I automatically assume 'public pool' is synonymous to 'a pool outside'. The only indoor pool I have access to is the one at the gym I pay too much money for
  • Options
    Hmm. I think preggo women in bikinis are so cute with the big belly. Im actually disappointed I wasnt big pregnant in the summer.
  • Options
    I swam in the ocean in October and it was magical! Highly recommend swimming, I didn't realize how good it felt until getting out and feeling the weight again. DH and I have talked about him going to hot tub n me getting in pool at our indoor gym pool but we have not dragged ourself out of the house yet. And I will be in a 2 piece showing off my sexy stretch marks! Go swim n u will feel so much better:)
    EDD 12/3/14 First time Mom!

D14 Free for All

These two are just so funny...

Also, due date has come, gone and I am just so anxious to meet baby!  Please be healthy and strong baby, mama can't wait to meet you :)
  • Options
    Go for it! If we were due in August instead of Dec I would definitely be one of the people wearing a two-piece.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    The correct question to ask here is: How many fucks am I going to give? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going to the beach on Wednesday, at 39 weeks, in a bikini. Not a single fuck shall be given. Easier cleanup if my water breaks right?
  • Options
    Throw a tank top on over top and you'll be good to go-that's what I do.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kelsz12 said:

Haha! Outdoor pool? I'm in minnesota! It's supposed to be -25F windchill tomorrow.
    #1 DS 12/13/14
    #2 DD 7/1/17
    EDD 2/29/20 MC 7/19/19
    #3 EDD 5/29/19
  • Options
    Swimming WILL feel great, I highly suggest going! My top doesn't fit very well so I throw a tank top over it. :)
  • Options
    Go rock dat bump, girl!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm just impressed you fit into your bikinis.  There is just no way I'd be able to get any of mine on right now.

my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    If anyone dares to give you a dirty look because you're pregnant and you want to wear a bikini, I would say it's because they are jealous. Go for it mamma, you've worked hard to get that baby bump to where it is and you should show it off.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"