3rd Trimester

Baby arrival nerves

I am 38 weeks pregnant and through much of the pregnancy (which was thankfully quite easy) I have been very excited about the birth of my daughter.  However I find myself recently feeling more anxious/nervous at the prospect of becoming a mom and that bothers me.  I am the first of my friends to have children, and even though I have older cousins with kids I don't really feel like I can talk to them, or even my DH who is getting more excited by the day.  I don't want to rain on his, or anyone else's parade.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Re: Baby arrival nerves

• Just sounds like cold feet. Your life is about to seriously change, you've spent 9 months preparing for this and sometimes we spend even more time emotionally/mentally preparing for a baby. Its perfectly normal to feel anxious or scared. GL on a healthy delivery!
  • emmyg65 said:

I think it's be weirder if you weren't nervous. You're about to go through a big transition, and there will be an adjustment period. You won't figure everything out at first. Be kind to yourself, and lean on your husband for support.

Yep, this. I also want to add that there's definitely something to be said for mommy instinct. It will be overwhelming at first, but it doesn't take long to get into a rhythm and feel like you've got a handle on things. In related news, I'd be willing to bet that your husband is more nervous than he's letting on. Of course he's excited, but he's a first time parent too. I really believe that if you aren't at least a little nervous, you likely have unrealistic expectations.

• Loading the player...
  • It's normal.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• MrsK213MrsK213 member
    edited December 2014
    I feel the anxiety as well! I posted something very similar, and from other mommas responses, it seems it's normal. We are going through huge life changes, and I just am hoping everything is normal and will fall into a mommy routine in no time.    Good luck! :)
  • dbussolinidbussolini member
    edited December 2014
    Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement.  I guess my biggest concern isn't that I'm feeling the nerves, I just don't want them to over shadow the excitement of having a baby…they seem to be doing that lately.  Hopefully once she's here they won't seem so intense? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"