February 2015 Moms
Options

Baby Girl Name That Starts With A J

Hello soon 2 be moms. I am currently 28 weeks and 3 days and I am having a hard time finding a name for my baby girl. I want it to start with a J because I have 3 other children and their names begin with a J. I have a 10 yr old son named Jamiron and I have a set of twins that are a boy and a girl whose names are Jayla and Jaylan. I had a name picked out, but everyone I know says that it was ghetto. Lol!! The name that I had was Ja'Skylar Michelle and Lord knows I don't want my baby name sounding ghetto. Do you guys have any suggestions on a name? I want something different and cute. Thanks for taking the time to read my post!! Goodluck with your pregnancies and congratulations!!

Re: Baby Girl Name That Starts With A J

• Options
    Jenelle
    Jamesha
    Jania

• Options
    I don't love really unique names... But I'll play..

One of my best friends growing up was Jasmin (pronounced yaz-meen).. The pronunciation comes from her half black half Puerto Rican heritage and she's seriously the most beautiful person so I've always loved it. Or even the more familiar Jasmine I think is a beautiful J names.

I'm going to go ahead and say it... Any name that has punctuation in it puts it in the ghetto category... Maybe not always, but usually. So thank you for reconsidering your name choice!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think anything with an apostrophe in it sounds ghetto personally so I agree with your friend.

I love the suggestion of Janelle but I prefer the a to the e since that's how it will be pronounced. I also think Jasmine is a great option. 

Other nice options:

Jacquelyn
    Jael
    Jana
    Jade

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @jennjilljoite‌ I had Jade in mind and @erobbins09‌ I'm loving the name Jasmin because the way it is pronounced is different. Thanks guys!!
  • Options
    Hey, you should stick around and participate more!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Feb'15 November Siggy Challenge:
  • Options
    Jada would sound nice with the other names
  • Options
    My friend just named her daughter Joya.
  • Options
    I agree with your friend and I also prefer classic names. I like Jada, Jade & Jasmine. Good luck!!

~~~Big brother 11.29.05 & Little Brother 6.18.09~~~  
    Pregnancy%20ticker
  • Options
    Jaydah, Jenaya, Jade, Jael, Jenelle
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • Options
    I know a Jenae.

Jessa
    Jenna
    Jolie (as in Angelina Jolie)
    Anniversary 

• Options
    Janessa
    Jade or Jada
    Jocelyn
    Jolie
    Jeanne
    Janelle
    BFP #1: It's a GIRL! DD born October, 2012
    BFP #2: m/c at 7w, February, 2014
    BFP #3: It's a BOY! Please be our rainbow! Due February, 2015

*everyone always welcome*
    image    image   image
  • Options
    One of my best friends has a daughter named Joli and I love it. It isn't too unique to get the side-eye but just unique enough to stand out. This girl is 15 now and amazingly talented so the uniqueness fits her. Just my two cents...
  • Options
    No apostrophe, I'd have to agree with your friends and pp's above.

Jill
    Jana
    Jessa
    Jinger
    Joy
    Joanne/Joanna
    Jordan
    Josie

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Dani_LoveDani_Love member
    edited November 2014
    Haha only big list of girl j names I could think of ;-)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have a Jocelyn so I'm partial to that but I really like Jade as well. Also, anyone else remember the "comma to the top" in reference to the apostrophe? I still laugh when thinking about it :)
  • Options
    Jade is a beautiful name. Im obsessed. But i aso like Jaleesa. It sounds strong & beautiful.
  • Options
    Jade is a beautiful name. Im obsessed. But i aso like Jaleesa. It sounds strong & beautiful.
    I also really like Jade and Jaleesa with the siblings' names. I do NOT like Joya, as a pp suggested, because it sounds way too much like Jayla and Jaylan. 
    BabyFruit Ticker    image

F15 December Siggy Challenge:
    Holiday Decorations Fail
  • Options
    If i had a girl jaleesa might just have been considered. I loved the name jade since i was a little girl.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"