December 2014 Moms
Options

Friendly advice please..

I am having the first great grand baby (on both sides of my family) which is a big deal to everyone , including me.
I have always been super close to my grandpa on my mom's side, I go to him for anything. We have recently found out he has stage 4 cancer and is also having heart failure.
Last night he called (from the hospital) to wish us a Happy Thanksgiving & apologized in advance if he dies before son is born...
He actually apologized for dying...He isn't aloud to leave the hospital and it is the one I'm delivering at..LO is very low and they think he may come early, how can I try and make it to where he can be apart of his life even if it is for a little while.? I'm really torn up and need some advice , please..

Re: Friendly advice please..

• Options
    I just wanted to say I am so sorry you are going through this and also that PPs advice sounds like a great idea
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

• Options
    *hugs*

No advice, just support.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have any advice but I wanted to say I'm so sorry you are going through this! I think misskilljoy had some excellent suggestions though.

• Options
    I love the letter idea. You could also make a scrap book with pictures of him growing up and have him dictate a story about him through the pictures.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. It is so nice that you live close enough that he can share the baby with you while on the inside but I can understand the need to capture him for the baby on the outside. I have nothing new to add to what PP's have said, but I think they're all amazing suggestions, especially the letter and the recordable book. Hugs to you!
  • Options
    My sympathies to you. You clearly love him so much.
    BabyFruit Ticker

December '14 November Siggy Challenge - How I Feel in Third Trimester 

• Options
    I love the idea of recording audio. Whether it's just talking or reading a story to baby I think that's a great way to do it. I'm sorry that this is happening to you and your family.
  • Options
    Sorry if this is a repeat response, I didn't read all of them but they have amazing children's books that you can read and it records your voice. My in laws did one for my DD when they moved to Atlanta and we love it. I know they have stuffed animals and stuff like that that you can record on too. Hope you're able to find a way to involve him, prayers to you.
  • Options
    So sorry you are going through this. I agree with the books or audio story telling. Sending thoughts and prayers to you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The bear idea is great. I am so sorry you're dealing with this, my DS is named after my grandpa and I so wish he had lived to know him, he will live on through you and I'm sure you will do a wonderful job of letting your LO learn all about what a great man he was.
    TWO Babies in 2014!
    DS #1 Born 01/07/2014, DS #2 Born 12/17/2014

• Options
    I am so sorry you are going through this. I really like the ideas from PPs about recording stories and memories. That will be something special that your LO and later children in the family will really appreciate one day. I hope it will give you a chance to spend as much time with him as possible, too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm very sorry. I definitely love the idea of one of those recordable stories.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"