November 2014 Moms

Back to Work Strategies

I know we discussed this during the months we were pregnant but I'm too tired to go find those threads. I'm curious- what are your plans for going back to work? Will you take LO to a daycare? Hire a nanny? Are you done working for now?

I had planned to try to work from home on my school stuff and also care for this guy full time. Now that he's about 3.5 weeks old, I see that is not a realistic strategy. So I need to figure out an alternative. MIL may be able to help and we are looking at nannies as well.

What's your plan?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Back to Work Strategies

• @lissydee‌ How did you find and select a sitter?

• Ds1 has been going to a day care full time since 10 weeks old and DS2 will start at the same place when I return to work after 12 weeks. Neither DH or I have jobs where we could work from home and extended family all works, so it has been the best option for us.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I will be going back to work on 1/26 (at 12 weeks). She will be in daycare 2 times a week, at my parents 2 times and at the in laws one time. The grandparents get to spend time with the LO while helping us save money on daycare.
    Bfp #1: 2/20/2014 Baby girl born on 11/3/2014
    Anniversary

nov 2014 

• DS (now 5.5 yrs old) was in daycare from 3mos old until he turned 5yrs old. He started kindergarten this Fall, so we hired a nanny to watch him after school. She'll be taking care of LO also when I return to work in January.

When we were searching for daycare 6 yrs ago, I was lucky to find (and like) a daycare across the street from work. I was able to visit him in the first couple of weeks which helped make more comfortable seeing him happy and well taken care of.

With the nanny, i signed up on care.com to search and find a nanny.
  • I'm going back to work in February and my LO will be going to an in home daycare. She's actually starting there 2 weeks before I go back to work so that I can see how she fares. And how I fare as well since I seem to have separation anxiety when she's not around.
  • DS will be going to a daycare center that is less than 5 minutes from our house and less than 10 from my work. We looked at a few different centers/in-homes and liked this one the best. I'm going back to work on a Friday (Jan 30) and will most likely start taking DS a day or two before to get him acclimated and so I can get things done before going back.
    BFP 2.22.14 | EDD 11.2.14 | DS 11.7.14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm going back to work in early Feb and LO will be going to daycare 4 days a week. The other day one of the grandparents will babysit.
  • I plan on staying him with LO and taking online classes.  We will see how that goes.
  • I have no idea.  We have a daycare lined up but now that we are dealing with clubfoot, we are discussing me staying home.  I am anxious that the daycare won't comply with our baby's needs and if she's crabby will take off her special shoes and whatnot.  We are going to meet with them to discuss and get a vibe from them and then decide.  

That aside, I change my mind almost daily about whether I want to go back or not.  I love my job but I just can't imagine not being with her.  I'm hoping for some clarity after we meet with the daycare and as she gets older.  

• I'm undecided as well. I am scared that staying home will drive me crazy but I can't imagine spending the entire day away either. I'm supposed to go back mid January and haven't even looked at any daycares - they all have 6mo-1year waiting lists. My plan is to see how things go financially (I'm not getting paid for the majority of my leave) and mentally, then decide in January.

• Our plan right now is that I will stay home at least for the first year all depending on if FI gets a new job. If he doesn't I will be finding a different job. Working at AT&T is way to demanding for a growing family. Working 50+ hours. Every Saturday and you have to schedule PTO at least a month in advance. No sick leave without getting dicipline points. So caring for a little one, as well as BF doesn't seem like it's going to work there.

If I do go back to work it'll be at a bank or some place 9-5. The only issue we will have with that is child care is expensive in our oil field town and always booked. Kinda makes it stressful because all my checks will be going to child care and that makes it hard to justify working when I would rather be with him than working.

Okay, that got a little wordy, my bad lol
  • I'm undecided as well. I am scared that staying home will drive me crazy but I can't imagine spending the entire day away either. I'm supposed to go back mid January and haven't even looked at any daycares - they all have 6mo-1year waiting lists. My plan is to see how things go financially (I'm not getting paid for the majority of my leave) and mentally, then decide in January.

This is me. I'm worried that staying at home will drive me crazy but I can't imagine leaving him either. Right now I'm thinking that MIL can take him for one day and have an in home nanny 2x a week so I can WFH but still supervise things.

• I work in a private school and had a parent I really like who ran a daycare from out of her house. She ended up with such a long wait list that she moved to larger location even closer to my work. I'm thrilled there are multiple women from my church who work there all of them are certified early childhood and multiple parents and my co-workers have their kids there and rave about it. Not to mention the price can't be beat which was a huge bonus.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"