March 2015 Moms
Options

Weird pregnancy fears.

almeyer2013almeyer2013 member
edited November 2014 in March 2015 Moms
I guess you could say this is kind of a funny post, but I have been having this weird fear about my baby bump.

Early on I couldn't wait for my bump to come, but now I am terrified of how big this baby is going to get and how uncomfortably huge my baby belly is going to stretch.

I don't care about stretch marks or how I will look, but lord, I am just scared how I am going to feel with this giant belly bump waddling around.

Anyone else have irrational fears they have?

NBR, I am also getting anxious about hosting my first thanksgiving tomorrow. Turns out my in laws are coming.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weird pregnancy fears.

• Options
    A couple months ago I had to have my gallbladder removed and ever since I have been super paranoid that either this pregnancy or if I decide to do this again I will need my appendix removed.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have that fear as well. I am not the most graceful person I know so my biggest fear is falling. . . In fact I almost ate it in the bathroom the other day by slipping on the wet floor!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm scared of how big I am going to get too!
    Again not because of my physical appearance but because am I going to be able to go up and down the stairs 15 times a day at work? I currently huff and puff what am I going to do when I'm 8 months along?!?!
    I work as a 1:1 with a very challenging and sometimes physical 8year old autistic boy. Am I going to be able to keep up with him? Am I going to have the patience?

Married the love of my life: 5-17-14

BFP:6-27-14

EDD:3-11-15

Step Mom to Z: 4-11-06

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!

• Options
    I am seriously starting to worry that my kid will crack my ribs. She's already hitting me with oomph, and constantly kicking.

Also, my stomach is already huge. Like, I feel like I look like someone who should be 9 months. I'm going to be so embarrassed every time someone asks me if I am carrying multiples, like I'm a huge circus freak.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Every single time I look down at the impending growth I get freaked out that it has to come out of my hooha. Also have bumped into a few things getting off balance and in winter is a little scary to think if falling on ice.

also scared of this girl coming out of me. I know we are built for it and it happens a gazillion times a day. But Jesus it seems so small compared to the size of a baby.

Irrational

But it's OK. Because:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mangomimosamangomimosa member
    edited November 2014
    Seeing two march mommies having already delivered their LOs I am irrationally afraid of having this baby soon. Even though nothing is indicating this for me. Also, I'm scared of delivery not because of pain, but because I don't know what to expect procedurally.
    Two?? OMG I only saw one - :(:(ETA  - NM, pregnancy brain.

And like everyone above - I'm freaking out about the discomfort, stretching, and general havoc this will cause. I can see it happening... So real all the sudden...
  • Options
    lib1974lib1974 member
    edited November 2014
    Yes and yes. I look at myself I'm the mirror and think "I have got to go all the way into March with this belly"? I feel so huge already. Even my Mom tonight who has just seen me for the first time pregnant today was like whoa. Come on Mom! Lol
  • Options
    I'm terrified of labor. I'm also really afraid of falling.
  • Options
    The size I already am, giving birth, falling, something happening to baby and being a crap mum!! Scared of it all!! Not only do we have to deal with all the other 'great' pregnance problems we also have to think about all these scary things!!!
  • Options
    I'm terrified that I will have problems working until I am able to take off. I am already uncomfortable and not sleeping well - and I have to work for at least another 2 months.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• Options
    I'm afraid of how much the kicking will eventually hurt...... as it's already starting to get pretty strong and certainly surprises me sometimes...... I'm afraid of when it starts to kick at my internal organs, bladder, ribs....

Also afraid of how it's going to feel when the baby squishes my bladder. I already pee a lot when I'm not pregnant, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to get a case of adult diapers from Costco. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options

I'm terrified that my guy will be born with some sort of disability/medical issue that we weren't able to see / screen for. I'm adopted, know nothing about my family history except that one of my aunts or uncles was "severely retarded" (the terminology of the day on my adoption report.) We don't know what type of issue this was- genetic, complications from delivery, etc. I'm terrified.

This exactly. My dd is autistic and I didn't know that until she was 18months old. Looking back there were signs and I'm afraid I'll constantly be checking this baby's milestones which would make anyone crazy because babies all develop differently. I find myself noticing autistic traits in friends or families babies but I never say anything. I guess I would if I were sure, I just don't want them thinking I'm jealous and trying to pull them into my problems. It's hard.
    autism photo: AUTISM autismglitter.gifBabyFruit Tickerphoto d61f26e5-4fb2-4a0b-b301-b0af2b53d4d3.jpg
  • Options
    After having my son born without his left hand and being IUGR towards the end of my pregnancy, I'm scared of something similar happening with baby girl. I've been told repeatedly that ABS which caused my son's limb difference is very rare in future pregnancies. My anatomy scan showed her growing and looking good but I'm still scared.
  • Options
    Yup, totally scared of how big my stomach will get and if my skin can stretch. I've been crazy about making H rub shea butter on my bump at night.

@chaysefaith‌ I'm also scared of straining too hard and accidentally pushing LO out too...

I also find myself very protective of my bump. My sisters poodle has been jumping on me since I got here and I have been pulling out some ninja reflexes to protect my bump.
  • Options
    I get scared about pushing too hard when I'm constipated, too.

I also worry about the umbilical cord getting wrapped around him. I know it's rare but it just makes me nervous to think that there's a long cord in there that could get wrapped around him. I had the same fear when I was pregnant with DD, and still to this day I check on her whenever she's sleeping to make sure nothing is covering her face, and I don't let her wear anything around her neck. But I have no control over that umbilical cord near my baby and it makes me anxious.
  • Options
    My worry is that something will happen to him before he is born (I had an in-law whose baby died in the 9th month before birth) or as some previous posters mentioned that he'll have some disability that we can't detect yet. 

I'm quite scared of labor (I am such a wimp when it comes to physical pain like getting shots or blood drawn) so am not looking forward to it at all, but I know that passes quickly in the grand scheme of things where the other fears are long-lasting / forever. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I feel the same way. My insides already feel like they're stretching so much. Lots of abdominal pain. I'm scared how much worse it will get. :(
  • Options
    I'm scared of the growing and stretching too. Pre pregnancy I was relatively thin and now I feel like my body is not my own. I can't imagine how uncomfortable it will feel in a few more months. And it's not even just my belly growing, it's hips, thighs, everything it seems.

Falling is a fear for me too. I'm so clumsy and now feeling like my body is foreign to me makes it even worse!

Anothwee i can relate to is the fear of having psychological or emotional issues before or after birth.

And of course their being problems with the baby now or later is a constant one!

It does feel good to see that other people have the same worries!
  • Options
    jennypm said:

My biggest fear isn't actually with the pregnancy, but really started once I got pregnant. I am absolutely terrified of something happening to H and him not being here for the birth of his son and to help me raise him. It's absolutely morbid and I hate it. I think I could handle anything else and nothing really frightens me, except that thought. 

This. I start to panic if he is just a few minutes late getting home.
  • Options
    The labor and birth ... mainly because its completely foreign and I have no personal reference for it.

Being a mom and balancing that with being a wife, going back to work, and trying to maintain a semblance of self identity.
               for all M15 loss moms

• Options
    Joon+ said:

I am terrified of panicking while in labour and feeling trapped/unable to cope in the moment. I'm also scared of the unknown and all the possible complications and risks that could still come up. Last but not least, I'm extremely scared of experiencing another breakdown as I get closer to my due date. Mental illness is so fun :-bd

I am scared of this too. Panicking.
    I am a bit of a control freak and I get overwhelmed very easily.
    I worry that nurses and doctors will be telling me to push and I will be too busy panicking. :(

I plan on having my BFF on standby if I get to this point. She can usually talk me down when my anxiety is crazy.
    She is bi-polar, so she gets it. While my husband is awesome and supportive he does not suffer from anxiety as I do.

Married the love of my life: 5-17-14

BFP:6-27-14

EDD:3-11-15

Step Mom to Z: 4-11-06

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!

• Options
    I have so many fears and I feel like I am spending a lot of energy just trying to contain the crazy.

I am afraid of falling - I usually do a couple times each winter.

I am afraid of something happening to hubs - I feel like I am being almost clingy at times with him which is totally opposite for me - I'm usually a little too independent if anything.

I am afraid of PPD. My sister had it pretty bad and I have a long history of pretty severe depression and anxiety.

I'm afraid something will happen at work to injure me. I work in a pretty tough setting. One lady I work with was seeing a patient the first day back from her maternity leave. She was at a desk which had a computer monitor on it. The patient who was sitting on the other side of the desk pulled her feet up and kicked the computer monitor so it went flying at my coworker. She caught it ant wasn't too hurt, but what a way to be welcomed back to work! At least it happened after the baby was born.

I am afraid that I will do something to cause something to be wrong with the baby. Like if only I did THIS then the baby wouldn't have to suffer through something for the rest of her life. That all the pain and suffering would be my fault. Not that anything is wrong with the baby now, but that I would cause something to happen in the future.

Like I said, it takes a lot of energy to contain this much crazy.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I'm afraid of getting maternity pictures done because I think that once they are scheduled I will go into labor the day before. Since I've been pregnant something always ruins plans. This can be as little as me going out specifically to get a slushie and the slide machine being broken, to planning a huge gender reveal party and having my mother in law pass away suddenly the morning of. It's just crazy.
  • Options
    I have 2 - and they are both pretty irrational - but they are fears all the same!

1 - The first is that DH may not be sexually attracted to me after watching the birthing process.

2 - pooping while giving birth. 
    For SuzyQ0525 and all other M15 losses

BabyFruit Ticker
    It's a BOY !!!
  • Options
    I just wanted to say I love all of you girls, and thank you for all of these posts! I feel much better knowing I'm not alone, as I have many of the same fears and had been feeling like it was just me!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"