As some of you may know, I've had 3 failed cycles since May. The last was in August with a second fresh DE cycle. We have 4 blasts remaining, and my husband is anxious to just move through the process and get on with our lives. I've been waiting since September for my RE to return to the country to cycle. I started meds finally late last month, and everything was set (lining was perfect, etc.) to have my transfer tomorrow. I got a call today from my RE's coordinator stating that they had to cancel the transfer as my RE had some health issues. He had no back up to perform the transfer; the embryologist actually found someone at the last minute, but then the surgical facility couldn't accommodate me. I'm very disappointed, I wasted $$ on delestrogen (~ $300) for preparation, not to mention putting my body on these hormones completely unnecessarily. I could handle getting cancelled if I was not responding, etc., but everything was perfect and set from my end. This has nothing to do with me at all. In all my years on the boards, I've never seen anyone encounter an issue like this.
So, as of today I am stopping all medications. I have an appointment with Dr. KK in 2 weeks; I'm sure I'll start bleeding right before this and I'll have to cancel that, too. I've been waiting since August. I called today and they will not do the ultrasound if I am bleeding. Their next appointment if I reschedule isn't until late February.
Maybe this is the universe's way of telling me just to stop all of this and be content with what I have. I don't know, I just feel pretty miserable. Just wanted folks opinions on how they would proceed in my shoes. Should I start searching for an RE at a huge clinic (like FCI, here in the Chicago area) and move my blasts? What do I even say to my current RE about this?
Thanks, ladies, and sorry to whine/vent. No one IRL knows that we are going through this so I don't have much of an outlet.
DOR and AMA
2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
Follow up testing in September all clear;
Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
12/12- Officially an OB patient!
Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN
Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)
Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids
Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN
Likely OAD- NBC