September 2014 Moms

Guster Vs. Weezer-New Title

SanRemoSanRemo member
edited December 2014 in September 2014 Moms
The events unfolding on another month got me thinking about whether I am new or old on this site. I have been posting since Jan 14 when I found out we had a heartbeat however I have not really put in the effort to be clever or full of witty dialogue. So my question is this: if you had another 9/14 mommy standing next to you, would they call you an original or a newbie? How is this classified? Do you care either way?

Edited to add- Disregard first 1.5 pages. The real fun starts on page 2

Re: Guster Vs. Weezer-New Title

• Loading the player...
  • Can I be extra crispy? *I'm home alone without a car and I keep thinking about KFC..*

Oh perfect. Yes you may. I am mentally sending you KFC delivery.
  • I've been a member since January but only dabbled a little during my pregnancy. Then became active when DS arrived because you I-got-this-attitude didn't win and I figured out the app finally and here I am. So newb here and proud :D!

I don't care either way. I recognize a fair amount of ladies and have even noticed some new ones.
  • @Tch4lfe‌ I also feel the same exact way I always posted when I felt I had good input and almost always tried to offer support... I mostly use mobile and have been on here since I found out I was pregnant back in January however became more active after my LO arrived.... Maybe because I haven't been working that's my theory lol
  • froglegs04froglegs04 member
    edited November 2014

I totally feel the same way, @Tch4lfe, and in fact have avoided posting in case peeps be all, "who this chic?!"  I used to post a little here and there, had a rough end to the pregnancy/birth, and am now logging back in here.  Hopefully I will be less shy and post more now!

ETA: The baby is fine!!  She was just a month premature :)

• I'm probably considered a newbie even though I've been posting since January. I'm very active on my BMB for ds1, which is on fb, and it's hard to stay active on both sites. I try to check in here though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel the same as most here that I comment when I can feel it's beneficial. But as a FTM I'm pretty useless for baby questions. And honestly I just can't keep up with it all. I gave support and loved hearing all the birth stories but I wouldn't consider myself a regular based on the amount of time on the site.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SanRemoSanRemo member
    edited November 2014
    however I have not really put in the effort to be clever or full of witty dialogue. ********** Is this supposed to be a dig? Perhaps some people are just clever or full of witty dialogue without putting in "effort" Regardless, I don't think most people care who is new or a reg as long as you aren't being a waffle. Edit: stuck in quote box

Not sure why you would think it was a dig. For me it takes effort for some people they are naturally witty.
  • Lol.

BFP: 09/13/13  ---  MMC: 10/25/13
    BFP: 12/25/13  ---  DD: 09/10/14
    BFP: 03/16/15  ---  EDD: 11/30/15

• CarmAlarm said:
    This question is like if a tree falls in the forest ... It doesn't matter how you classify yourself, others have done so.,. Whether you agree or not

Now that is what I am talking about. Natural wit. The reason I asked this is that another bmb was having a group issue over newbie or original. I did not even know there was any type of issues until it was brought up.
  • Are we still in high school?

• however I have not really put in the effort to be clever or full of witty dialogue. ********** Is this supposed to be a dig? Perhaps some people are just clever or full of witty dialogue without putting in "effort" Regardless, I don't think most people care who is new or a reg as long as you aren't being a waffle. Edit: stuck in quote box

Not sure why you would think it was a dig.
    Because you're making it sound as though you think others put a lot more effort into those things than you do.

I think that is how you heard it not how I meant it. There are some really funny women here and I appreciate the heck out of them. I cannot be funny without serious exhaustive effort.
  • SanRemo said:

SanRemo said:

SanRemo said:

however I have not really put in the effort to be clever or full of witty dialogue.

Is this supposed to be a dig? Perhaps some people are just clever or full of witty dialogue without putting in "effort"
    Regardless, I don't think most people care who is new or a reg as long as you aren't being a waffle.

Edit: stuck in quote box

Because you're making it sound as though you think others put a lot more effort into those things than you do.

I think that is how you heard it not how I meant it. There are some really funny women here and I appreciate the heck out of them. I cannot be funny without serious exhaustive effort.

Clearly.

imageimage

• however I have not really put in the effort to be clever or full of witty dialogue. ********** Is this supposed to be a dig? Perhaps some people are just clever or full of witty dialogue without putting in "effort" Regardless, I don't think most people care who is new or a reg as long as you aren't being a waffle. Edit: stuck in quote box

Clearly.

No worries, I can own it. I am not naturally funny but I am a heck of a great friend, a loving mom and a half way decent wife. I cannot be all things to all people. That is why I am still on The Bump, when I am miserable in the middle of the night from an issue, I come straight here and know that someone is going to have written something that brings a smile to me.
  • I saw this on the other BMB you are talking about, and it didn't go over well. I'm not sure what you were expecting here? If you are here and contributing I think that is all that really matters. I think if you are on here to get validation if you are an "original" then you're here for the wrong reason. Just my opinion, but I could care less. I am not an original but have received support when I have needed it, but have also gave it.
  • kaleb87 said:
    I saw this on the other BMB you are talking about, and it didn't go over well. I'm not sure what you were expecting here? If you are here and contributing I think that is all that really matters. I think if you are on here to get validation if you are an "original" then you're here for the wrong reason. Just my opinion, but I could care less. I am not an original but have received support when I have needed it, but have also gave it.
    Not looking for validation one way or another. I was just curious if people had an opinion about it. Thanks for answering the question.
  • LOL @ "halfway decent wife."
  • no, guys, seriously...

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @SanRemo‌ care to tell us what board you got this from? We would all like to read it.
  • kaleb87kaleb87 member
    edited December 2014
    August 2014 is the board I saw it on. I was lurking on there the other day because the crazy bj thread resurfaced.
  • It was in August 14. When I first posted this thread I had noticed it was an interesting topic. It since went seriously down hill. Based on everything I was not sure August would appreciate it all being brought up again.
  • portentosaportentosa member
    edited December 2014
    kaleb87 said:

August 2014 is the board I saw it on. I was lurking on there the other day because the crazy bj thread resurfaced.

Even knowing what board it's on it took me a little while to find it. For others trying to find it, it's currently on page 3 of that board and titled Private Groups.
  • Wow did anyone else find themselves in a time warp reading that thread in its entirety? It's already time to feed again?
  • bumwaters said:

@tromboner‌ I was so confused as to what the fight was about in the bj thread

They have a secret (social?) group where people have been saying more things so we don't have the full story. #dirtylurkerproblems
  • After reading part of the BJ thread I lurked around a little. I saw that a woman in A14 supposedly dated Nick Carter from the Backstreet Boys.
  • jht14 said:

After reading part of the BJ thread I lurked around a little. I saw that a woman in A14 supposedly dated Nick Carter from the Backstreet Boys.

Yeah and he rubs his own nipples during sex :-/
  • Nsync was better than BSB.
  • Casting a vote for Nsync, even though Hansen and Spice Girls were better than them both. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"