February 2013 Moms

Gripe water... Good or bad?

someone suggested gripe water to me- M is clearly uncomfortable sometimes and last night we were up all night because of it. I think it's gas and I have tried the usual stuff but he is still miserable until I flip him on his belly, and that only works some of the time. He is eating and doesn't spit up an overwhelming amount. Anyone know anything about gripe water and reasons to or not to try it? I want to make sure it's safe and recommended.
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
View Full Size Image

Re: Gripe water... Good or bad?

• Another vote for tried it, didn't do a dang thing for us.  I don't think it hurts to try though?

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• I tried it once and it worked wonders, tried it again with the same baby asks it didn't do crap. :)
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Loading the player...
  • Colic calm helped a bit for gas with us.
  • worked well for us! That and simethicone drops. We had a gassy girl!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We used it and it seemed to help a lot. Anything is worth trying once or twice to see if it makes your little one feel better. GL!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• holly321holly321 member
    edited November 2014
    With dd we did simethicone and gripe water together. It worked well for us. Simethicone sometimes just wasn't enough. We never needed it for ds, but we knew he was lactose intolerant from the start, and we didn't with her, which is why she was so gassy
  • I never used it but a lot of people do. There is nothing wrong with it. We used gas drops and they helped a bid. I think pediacare brand maybe? There are a bunch.
  • Love that shit!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's snake oil. There's no proof that it works and didn't work on DS and he had horrible gas.
    Married: August 2008
    DS born: February 2013
    TTC #2: Nov. 14
    Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
    BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16
  • Thanks ladies! The windi makes me a little nervous, I've never stuck anything up a butt before..

I tried the gripe water then bicycled for a half hour and he tooted a bunch and then slept for 4 hours so I call it a win!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"