September 2012 Moms

Fabulously Friday!

2»

Re: Fabulously Friday!

• shiggybop said:
    FFFC- Anthony has been peeing in the yard all morning. Since I'm off today til next Tuesday, we're tackling potty training because I cannot alligator wrestle him during diaper changes where we both end up in tears anymore. I put on his potty watch that plays a song every 30 minutes to remind him to sit on the potty. Well it went off right after the dogs went out and he said, "I pee pee with dogs" and ran to the door. Sure enough he ran out and peed in the grass. I'm letting it happen because he's excited about peeing which is a turn around from earlier when he was asking for a diaper because he didn't want to pee in the potty. (That would require him to stop playing with his trains). I know I'll regret this decision soon enough, but right now the fact that he's not peeing on my floors is cause for a celebration!
    Our biggest pting struggle was getting him to go inside to pee when playing outside (the reason I want Leo to pt in the late winter) so he did lots of tree pees.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Am I the only one not attempting PT'ing? 

Disclaimer:Totally cool if I am, I don't mind being the oddball out.
    We aren't.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Loading the player...

We aren't either. Not even close.

Us either.  We are flying to FL in January, and I don't want to be dealing with getting up every half hour on the plane so she doesn't pee herself.

We'll start in February, probably.

Neither are we.  Although I have a girl, which I think is supposed to be easier.  I'm waiting to give it a go until I'm home on winter break.  At least that's my plan right now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hmp1 said:
    BPer said:
    Is it ridiculous Facebook post Friday?  Because I have one.

Last night:

Guy I went to HS with:
    I usually bite my tongue when I speak with clients, especially when Im trying to earn their business and trust... But Ill be DAMNED if Ill sit on the phone with some damn immigrant and hear about how bad our hospitals and Dr's are and how if you get sick youll hop a plane and fly home. Do us Americans, proud Americans a favor and take a walk!

Some guy: 2 words, fuck 'em!

Guy I went to HS with: I can't lye, I about told her the same thing.

Me: Just throwing this out there, but hospital errors were just named the third leading cause of death in the US.

...radio silence.  I was really hoping for a netbattle.
    I mean we are not exactly leading in the education race either, not sure why they think others shouldn't question our healthcare system. Hell, I live here and don't trust it. And I'm a proud American.
    As evidenced by his spelling of "lye." It's not a soap, asshat.

PTing to me means wearing underwear and we are far from that. We do potty time every day but I see it as introducing the concept, not pting.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• hmp1 said:
    Am I the only one not attempting PT'ing? 

PTing to me means wearing underwear and we are far from that. We do potty time every day but I see it as introducing the concept, not pting.
    Same here. DD sits on the potty every day. But since she rarely goes, we're not in training mode.

• He sits on the potty and goes about 50% of the time but only pee. As evidence of my post earlier, we're far from pooping or putting on undies. 

• AlinnJo said:
    @PenelopePond‌ Thank you for asking! The appointment went great and she said the baby looked very healthy. I'm so very thankful for that!!
    Yay!!  That's wonderful news!  \:D/
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 

Not really. She asks to go on the potty once in a while, she enjoys flushing the toilet....that's the extent of it.  Where she's at now, I saw no point in making a big push until after we get through holiday travel.
  • @indigovader we haven't really started either. I keep debating on whether to go hardcore or wait a few more months.

Anniversary

• G was 8lbs 8oz (2 weeks late) and no one has every mentioned her being big. I assumed she was an average size. I'm hoping this kid is smaller and on time. 

We haven't started PTing yet. I really want to though. I think she can be ready. I don't want to push it but she will ask to use the potty and not do anything. She may fart but that's about it. I'm kind of tired of doing potty time every day with no progress. So I think she needs something a little more aggressive. Maybe I am wrong though. I haven't done any research so I could really be wrong. 

I am exhausted.  This pregnancy is sucking the life out of me. I have no energy. 

I was going to make homemade pumpkin puree. I thought the pumpkin I bought would work for it. I cut it open and it's barely orange and doesn't smell like pumpkin so I cut up a pretty pumpkin and can't even use it. I'm sad. 
  • I have her sit on the potty many times a day, and she goes 85% of the time, but usually won't tell me when she has to go.  We'd probably make more progress if she was forced to go bare-bottomed at home and wear undies out, but I've been way too lazy for that.  I'm not ready to give up the convenience of pull-ups!  We're very very far away from pooping in a potty or wearing undies 100% of the time, but I couldn't stop PTing at this point because every time we're out of the house, she demands to pee in the potty.  Not sure why- maybe she's just curious about what different public bathrooms are like?? Toddlers are weird.

I wouldn't have started as early as we did if she didn't pee consistently when we put her on the potty as an intro.

• I was going to make homemade pumpkin puree. I thought the pumpkin I bought would work for it. I cut it open and it's barely orange and doesn't smell like pumpkin so I cut up a pretty pumpkin and can't even use it. I'm sad. 
    No, it's fine!  Pie/sugar pumpkins are usually light orange and I don't think they  have as strong of a smell as big carving pumpkins.  Bake or boil away!
  • I don't know if you can call what we are doing potty training.  we have no plan or consistency - haha.  DS goes before bath and maybe one other time, other times when we will be home i will let him wear under pants and he will get up from where he is and pee in his pants on the hard wood floor (so its nice he gets up but bad he doesn't get to the potty..),  at school its a crap shoot. 

I am really considering letting him go pants less with leg warmers over Christmas break while we are home and see how that goes.  he seems to do better when he's naked!!!
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • G was 8lbs 8oz (2 weeks late) and no one has every mentioned her being big. I assumed she was an average size. I'm hoping this kid is smaller and on time. 

We haven't started PTing yet. I really want to though. I think she can be ready. I don't want to push it but she will ask to use the potty and not do anything. She may fart but that's about it. I'm kind of tired of doing potty time every day with no progress. So I think she needs something a little more aggressive. Maybe I am wrong though. I haven't done any research so I could really be wrong. 

I am exhausted.  This pregnancy is sucking the life out of me. I have no energy. 

I was going to make homemade pumpkin puree. I thought the pumpkin I bought would work for it. I cut it open and it's barely orange and doesn't smell like pumpkin so I cut up a pretty pumpkin and can't even use it. I'm sad. 
    Every time I've gotten a pumpkin, it's been more yellow than orange. But it still worked for cooking. @redneckmomma25

• Hyaline said:

No, it's fine!  Pie/sugar pumpkins are usually light orange and I don't think they  have as strong of a smell as big carving pumpkins.  Bake or boil away!
    Are you sure? I'm skeptical.....It's also a large pumpkin, not sure how long to bake it for....

• Hyaline said:

Are you sure? I'm skeptical.....It's also a large pumpkin, not sure how long to bake it for....

Put some foil on a baking sheet, put the halves (scooped out) cut side down, cover with more foil, and bake it at about 350 for...as long as it takes :)  I usually give it an hour and then start poking it.  I've never had an orange pumpkin, not orange like canned purees are, and it always turns out fine.
  • Hyaline said:
    Hyaline said:

Put some foil on a baking sheet, put the halves (scooped out) cut side down, cover with more foil, and bake it at about 350 for...as long as it takes :)  I usually give it an hour and then start poking it.  I've never had an orange pumpkin, not orange like canned purees are, and it always turns out fine.
    thanks!
  • @hyaline I thought the pumpkin skin was supposed to peel off? This is not. Pumpkin is tender but I have to slice it off
  • jenndub said:
    FFFC: I just realized that Emma has 6 pairs of black boots. Tall suede boots, ankle boots, mid calf boots, motorcycle boots, tall with sparkles and imitation Uggs. I regret nothing.
    Leo had 6 pairs navy blue shoes and 4 pairs of brown boots. I sold 2 of the blue and 2 of the brown to justify his orange/red boots. He has more shoes than James which just makes me think James needs more shoes!

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• My kid just pooped on the coffee table.  I knew there was a reason I was hesitant to go pants free for PT :-&
  • jenndub said:

FFFC: I just realized that Emma has 6 pairs of black boots. Tall suede boots, ankle boots, mid calf boots, motorcycle boots, tall with sparkles and imitation Uggs. I regret nothing.

I see nothing wrong here...

Anniversary

I'm working on my near 4 year old. Not working on my s12-er yet.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    edited November 2014
    AKB090609 said:
    We had to pick DH up from the airport today which means a trip to ikea, they had the coolest cash register iv seen, it came with money and was $14!
    Is it wood? I have the Hape or Wonder cash register on their list but they are twice as much.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Parts of it, it has a working calculator and a plastic drawer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • AKB090609 said:
    Parts of it, it has a working calculator and a plastic drawer.
    Cool. Sounds like the Wonder one.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• mhanson18 said:

harti09 said:

Why on the days I try to be productive and wake up early, my kids do too? Way to ruin my attempt to get things done.

I'm hosting a play date for the MOMS group I'm in this morning. I made fruit snacks. Holy hell, they're horrible. They in no way compare to the packaged things, like not even semi relatable. Now I'm baking oatmeal bites at 6:45am. I wowed everyone with spinach muffins last time, and I have this urge to not let them down. So dumb. I should just throw some pretzels in a bowl.

Also, FYI - don't ever vacuum up a large quantity of an intensely flavored spice/seasoning. DD dumped a full bottle of curry powder on the floor in early October. The smell lives in my vacuum now. We took it apart and fully cleaned it. Nope, didn't help. I now have to strategically use the machine with enough time before visitors arrive to allow the smell to dissipate. My house smells like Indian food every time I operate the thing.   

About the vacuum.... what if you put down some baking soda and vacuum that up? Normally baking soda helps with odors? Just a random thought.

https://www.amazon.com/Arm-Hammer-Eliminator-Carpet-Strength/dp/B0014B36HS

This stuff! Much cheaper elsewhere will help clear the odor out of the vacuum. No matter how hard I laughed. ;)

• MRoxy0628 said:

I started off my morning watching Jimmy Kimmel's Celebrities Read Mean Tweets.  Great for a laugh!

I'm also eating a Panera Cinnamon Crunch Bagel that I don't need, because I have a full breakfast. 

We have family pics tomorrow and Lily has a cold.  Thankfully, we're doing them outside, so her runny nose will fit right in. :)

@mhanson18 Your post about big babies reminded me that at my obgyn appointment last week (just a regular check-up) she asked about my delivery with my daughter and how big she was.  When I said, 8 lbs, 8 oz, she said, "Oh, and you didn't have GD?"  I said, I didn't think 8 lbs., 8 oz was that big for a baby. She said, Well 7 is the average.  Anyway, I was just surprised by that as no one has reacted that way before. 

7 lbs was average when we were born in the '80s.  I thought the average was now over 8 lbs?  Unless she's excluding GD babies in her stats, they seem outdated to me.

When Binn was only about an hour old, she was in the bassinrt for transport to our recovery room. I made a comment directed at no one saying "I forgot how tiny they start" and the nurse goes "yea and she's a big baby" (8lbs 3ozs). I was oddly self conscious that my baby was ZMOG huge.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"