November 2013 Moms
Options

Christmas trees part 2

mamasoup030mamasoup030 member
edited November 2014 in November 2013 Moms
the Christmas trees discussion got me thinking, do you put the playpen around the tree or the baby? Our living room isn't large enough for 2. Now I'm not sure what to do.

Christmas trees part 2 36 votes

pen the baby
0% 0 votes
pen the tree
58% 21 votes
SS
41% 15 votes

Re: Christmas trees part 2

• Options
    PeachsMamaPeachsMama member
    edited November 2014
    I'm just gonna put non breakable ornaments on the bottom third and hope he's not to amused by it..

Edited too sad stuff out for a Christmas thread.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    CFox815 said:

Well. This took a turn.

Didn't mean to bring the thread down. I'll edit it out. Just something to think about when decorating for the holidays.
  • Options
    CFox815 said:

No need to edit it. I wasn't snarking. Just sad for them.

It was a rough Christmas. Mom was home all alone and screamed at 911 on her phone while she performed the heimlich.
  • Options
    Hayley took out the tree at her holiday photo session, in hindsight I should have discouraged that particular prop- I think it set my household up for disaster because she thought it was hysterical
  • Options
    Team No Pen.

#LOLFITMAMA
  • Options
    Tree will be in the corner, blocked by the chair and couch...

Life began when I saw your face

I.J.C. born 11.3.13 

• Options
    For now, the plan is not to block the tree in any way.  We'll see what happens after it's up if that needs re-evaluated.  I think the bottom 1/3 of our tree will just be lights though so it's less opportunity for her to pull off or break.
  • Options
    CFox815 said:

I'm not penning shit.

#yolo

+1
  • Options
    We are going to pen the tree, but it may not matter since she can already climb the gate. It's more of a deterrent. We will also anchor the tree to the wall as well.
    Can't figure out the signature thing, so here's the short, short version.....first daughter born on November 10, 2013. She was conceived through the magic of IVF after 2+ years of TTC.
  • Options
    wedding06 said:

Wait your kids tolerate being penned?? They don't climb it, lift it, force it down?

Exactly. If he were penned, he'd climb out anyway. If the tree were penned and he wanted to get to it, a gate's not stopping him.
  • Options

We are going to pen the tree, but it may not matter since she can already climb the gate. It's more of a deterrent. We will also anchor the tree to the wall as well.

@VegasGal1978‌ tell me more about this! Matthew pulls on everything! I'm worried about him pulling it down.
  • Options

@PeachesMama -- So sorry that I am just seeing your tag.  I generally moblie bump so I never get notifications.  I just happen to be at the PC today.

So my plan is to use a baby gate as a deterrent (similar to this https://www.amazon.com/North-States-Superyard-Colorplay-Count/dp/B006NTY1HU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417544680&sr=8-1&keywords=baby+pen)  We have one.  I wouldn't buy one just for this purpose.

Then, since the tree will be in the corner between a window and a door frame, we will likely tether the tree to the wall on both sides (usign the window and door frame as my anchor points).  I've done this years ago when my cat was a kitten and it worked pretty well.  I used floral wire because it's thin and durable.  I wrap it around the trunk of the tree (high enough so it's not a danger to little miss toddler) and nail it to the frame on both sides.

We will hopefully get the tree this weekend.  I'll let you know if it's a success or flop.

Good luck!

Can't figure out the signature thing, so here's the short, short version.....first daughter born on November 10, 2013. She was conceived through the magic of IVF after 2+ years of TTC.
  • Options
    After everyone's input we decided to not pen the tree, living on the edge in my house. We did tether the tree to the ceiling beam to prevent major damage. We will see what a happens when we add ornaments which we haven't yet because lazy.
  • Options
    No tree this year :( since we had to move to an apartment this fall there is no room. Boo.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"