Baby Showers

Diaper Raffle?

I've been scrolling Pinterest, which is the devil... anyhow, I see a lot of little cards that say Diaper Raffle, and a place to put the persons name, etc. Apparently, if you bring a bag/box of diapers you get one ticket/card thing for each one and win a prize if your name is pulled? I'm assuming that's how this works? 

Has anyone done a diaper raffle? Is that something you include on an invitation 'There will be a Diaper Raffle!'? I've never been to a shower that had one, granted, most of the showers I've been to were 5+ years ago... 
Second pregnancy, God willing - first baby.
BabyFetus Ticker

5w0d: HCG 4,300
5w2d: HCG 15,179  Prog: 27.9
5w4d: HCG 18,000  Prog: 39 

6w3d: Heartbeat 119

Re: Diaper Raffle?

• AmstreagleAmstreagle member
    edited November 2014
    No. They are awful gift grabby and not fun. Not to mention a complete breach in etiquette.
    Are you planning your own shower? Let your hosts handle your shower!
  • Loading the player...
  • I said I was doing a diaper raffle? Lmao, I don't recall saying this. I just simply saw it on Pinterest and wanted to ask about it.

Silly stupids. ;)
    Second pregnancy, God willing - first baby.
    BabyFetus Ticker

5w0d: HCG 4,300
    5w2d: HCG 15,179  Prog: 27.9
    5w4d: HCG 18,000  Prog: 39 

6w3d: Heartbeat 119

• I said I was doing a diaper raffle? Lmao, I don't recall saying this. I just simply saw it on Pinterest and wanted to ask about it.

Silly stupids. ;)

You might want to cool it with the name calling. 

Also, considering you asked on how to incorporate it into an invitation, you implied that it was something you consider doing.  Why else would you ask? 

I'm calling troll on this one. And she's not even a fun one. I'm putting this one out to pasture.

Silly stupids. ;)

We gave you feedback regarding diaper raffles (ugh)since you asked about it ;;) oh and if we're silly stupids that must mean you're acting like a juvenile bitch.
  • Please God. Please make this stupidity stop! X_X

No. Diaper raffles are fucking tacky.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I remember it was something Sox.

Ballsox
  • That's it!

I don't know what happened to her but when you said sox, I knew who you were talking about. She was funny lol
  • Want to know what is REALLY tacky? Telling people you've never met what they should and shouldn't be doing with so much conviction you'd think you were telling them the sky is blue. Everything is relative ladies.. Settle the fuck down. You are not the end all be all decision makers of etiquette and class and judging by these hideous comments I would say most of you could use a lesson in both.
  • amt1983 said:

See... just stick "acting like" in front of it and you can say whatever you want. Also seems like it helps if you agree unwaveringly with the mods/regulars.

No need to get bitter, darling.
    BFP #1: It's a GIRL! DD born October, 2012
    BFP #2: m/c at 7w, February, 2014
    BFP #3: It's a BOY! Please be our rainbow! Due February, 2015

*everyone always welcome*
    image    image   image

• Want to know what is REALLY tacky? Telling people you've never met what they should and shouldn't be doing with so much conviction you'd think you were telling them the sky is blue. Everything is relative ladies.. Settle the fuck down. You are not the end all be all decision makers of etiquette and class and judging by these hideous comments I would say most of you could use a lesson in both.

Just a tip, if you're going to be a white knight at least be original. Being a white knight, you suck at it!
    1. Public forum means you will get responses from the PUBLIC how they deem necessary.
    2. Etiquette isn't rocket science and is generally universal with very few grey areas.(i.e. I sneeze, I cover my mouth. That is the polite thing to do and I'm sure 99% of people will agree that it is. The remaining 1% will argue and say that it's ok in "their circle". Do you really think their circle agrees? No they're too polite to say anything to their face or are too busy being in shock that they just got spit on to say anything.)
    3. I have every right to judge them for spitting on their friends and to tell them, you don't sneeze in your friends' faces it's fucking gross.
    4. When sneezy decides "no I can do what I want and I deserve to sneeze everywhere", you should expect posters to say how they feel and explain why covering your mouth when you sneeze is proper etiquette.
    Now go settle the fuck down ;;)

Whatever you have to tell yourself to continue your hobby of acting like a spiteful hag all over the bump. This "showers" board is really just a place for you ladies to bitch an moan about something you've obviously never liked and then call it fact not opinion. Oh and there is something called a thesaurus you can use to help you find some fun new words because "tacky" is seriously over played on here.
  • Diaper Raffles are extremely common -- contrary to whatever people's views on here are
    Married DH 5/28/08
    DS Born 4/13/11
    DD Born 3/38/15

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Just a tip, if you're going to be a white knight at least be original. Being a white knight, you suck at it!
    1. Public forum means you will get responses from the PUBLIC how they deem necessary.
    2. Etiquette isn't rocket science and is generally universal with very few grey areas.(i.e. I sneeze, I cover my mouth. That is the polite thing to do and I'm sure 99% of people will agree that it is. The remaining 1% will argue and say that it's ok in "their circle". Do you really think their circle agrees? No they're too polite to say anything to their face or are too busy being in shock that they just got spit on to say anything.)
    3. I have every right to judge them for spitting on their friends and to tell them, you don't sneeze in your friends' faces it's fucking gross.
    4. When sneezy decides "no I can do what I want and I deserve to sneeze everywhere", you should expect posters to say how they feel and explain why covering your mouth when you sneeze is proper etiquette.

Whatever you have to tell yourself to continue your hobby of acting like a spiteful hag all over the bump. This "showers" board is really just a place for you ladies to bitch an moan about something you've obviously never liked and then call it fact not opinion. Oh and there is something called a thesaurus you can use to help you find some fun new words because "tacky" is seriously over played on here.

Where did this idea that "etiquette is a matter of opinion" come from? 

I guarantee there are various things you do in your life that don't follow ancient etiquette and to compare a party to someone sneezing on someone or whatever you ladies yammer on about is hilarious. Keep being angry ladies it's pretty amusing.
  • Darbie914 said:

@GracieWordie Oh hey girl!  I see you had to leave J'15 to come over and spread your support for all things tacky!

You should have a cup of tea and try to relax.  You seem really angry, dear.
    Not to show support so much as disdain for how unbelievably bitter you sad ladies are. This board should just be called tacky that's seriously the only word you all know. Again you are not the authority on all things baby shower. I hope people that come here looking for real advice take your hostile responses with a grain of salt and just laugh at all the grouchy middle adged ladies complaining about something so unbelievably insignificant.
  • AmstreagleAmstreagle member
    edited November 2014
    Want to know what is REALLY tacky? Telling people you've never met what they should and shouldn't be doing with so much conviction you'd think you were telling them the sky is blue. Everything is relative ladies.. Settle the fuck down. You are not the end all be all decision makers of etiquette and class and judging by these hideous comments I would say most of you could use a lesson in both.

Where did this idea that "etiquette is a matter of opinion" come from? 

It came straight out of her ass....where her head is
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"