Babies on the Brain
Options

birth control

I'm having a terrible time on my birth control. I have been switched recently to a different kind. I keep having problems with each kind I've been put on. I'm wondering what you ladies are doing to prevent pregnancy. TMI, I'm having irregular bleeding on this pill. The pervious one caused me to have panic attacks and I couldn't control my anxiety at all. The first initial birth control caused me to have cystic acne all over my body. 3 birth control pills over the year. I told bf I will suck it up for now, but I'm miserable and if this doesnt improve we may need to do natural family planning so he can just suck it up! Maybe I'm having to high of expectations but my OBGYN did an ultrasound to ensure I don't have anything going on with my uterus and ovaries since I have PCOS and a history of fibroids. That was last month...IDK...any advice would be greatly appreciated.

30 - Waiting to TTC#2

PCOS -Fibroids -Type 1 Diabetes

Re: birth control

• Options
    I have had an IUD and it aggravated a fibroid. Plus we would like to try to get pregnant in a little over a year. Maybe we need to just use condoms.

30 - Waiting to TTC#2

• Options
    I had issues with the pills making me sick to my stomach and even throwing up some nights. 

I switched to the Nuva Ring 4 years ago now and I love it. 
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Irregular bleeding is common on the pill, and even more so when you are switching brands constantly. The panic attacks and cystic acne were good reasons to switch, but you really need to give it 3-4 months to see how things go once your body is "used" to it.
    This is pretty much exactly what my Dr. told me when I was switching brands/methods.

I tried the patch for 3 months and HATED it...gave me the worst cramps and bleeding. Switched back to my oringinal pill, but then started spotting. I have just now been switched to a different pill with a different hormone combination hoping it will stop the spotting.

My sister got the arm implant (implanon) and loves it, but that is probably not an option for you since it is a bit more "long term."
    Anniversary
    Me 27  DH 31
    Married 11.1.14

• Options
    Hi, popping over from TTC! Sorry for your troubles with BC and irregular bleeding! Did your OB prescribe BC because to help you with PCOS? I am not too familiar with the condition. If you are bleeding irregularly anyway maybe try natural planning? I wouldn't do anything without consulting a doctor!

Personally now that I am temping, I don't think I will every stop. I love knowing what my body is doing! I was on BCP for 6 years and the NuvaRing for 2. I went off BC June 1st and I am still waiting for my body to get its regular rhythm back!

That being said. Have you ever temped and charted before to know when you ovulate? If you know when your Fertile Week is you can just abstain or use condoms until you O and the coast is clear.
    I hope you find what you are looking for! Good luck!
    August '15 BMB  December Siggy: Christmas Fails
    BabyFruit Ticker
    ME: 30, DH: 30
    Love: 2/11/04  Marriage: 5/29/11

2 Cat Furbabies: Chloe and Zoey (2007)
    TTC #1: 6/1/14
    BFP: 11/25/14  EDD: 8/5/15

• Options

Irregular bleeding is common on the pill, and even more so when you are switching brands constantly. The panic attacks and cystic acne were good reasons to switch, but you really need to give it 3-4 months to see how things go once your body is "used" to it.

This is pretty much exactly what my Dr. told me when I was switching brands/methods.

I tried the patch for 3 months and HATED it...gave me the worst cramps and bleeding. Switched back to my oringinal pill, but then started spotting. I have just now been switched to a different pill with a different hormone combination hoping it will stop the spotting.

My sister got the arm implant (implanon) and loves it, but that is probably not an option for you since it is a bit more "long term."

The arm implant I strongly recommend against. It is the worst format of bc you can go on. When taking it out they have to rip the muscle tissue that has grown around it. This creates permanent damage to the arm and you get a big black not blue bruise for about two months on your arm the size out a softball. Please don't use the arm implant it is about as bad as drinking lighter fluid.
  • Options
    I tried the pill and it made me feel like a crazy person ALL. THE. TIME.

I used an IUD without ever having been pregnant and it sent me to the ER after about 3 days.

I used Nuva Ring for about a year and it wasn't bad, but that slippery thing was sometimes hard to get up there. (And my best friend lost hers, twice, and ended up with an unplanned pregnancy.)

I used the "pull and pray" method for years and just got lucky, I guess. (I am NOT recommending this.)

I am currently temping to prepare to TTC, but it is also a wonderful form of birth control. No hormonal side effects, nothing foreign in my body. I couldn't be happier! Plus, in 5-6 months when we want to TTC, I'll know what's going on with my body.

Best of luck to you!

TTGP January Siggy Challenge:  Workout Fails

• Options
    Sorry I've been MIA since a lot of family issues are happening and I broke a tooth so that was awesome...
    I am going to give it more time for now. I have temped and charted and all that previously when I was TTCing and engaged to a jerk face cheater.
    I bought opk's earlier before we decided to wait on TTCing.
    I will go to natural family planning if I have anymore issues, its just spotting drives me nuts. I have to use tampons only since I'm diabetic or else I get yeast infections so its a catch 22.

30 - Waiting to TTC#2

• Options
    BC made me SO sick.. i started to have a lot of medical problems due to it..
    and once i started reading up on it, i started learning how it prevents implantation.. and that made me even sicker to think I could possibly be causing my body not to implant an embryo from a bunch of hormones.. I found out about NFP.. and i fell in love. 
     BEST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE
    I chart daily, i observe cervical mucus and we abstain during the week when ovulation usually occurs.  abstain about 7 days a month.. its not that bad.  I have been using this method since july and so far so good..

taking charge of your fertility is a GREAT book and thats where I learned from and also have a support group on FB that is awesome and they help you learn how to ready your body and learn your cycles..
    Ive never felt better, and a lot of my medical problems have cleared up on their own. ill never put artificial hormones in me again.

Good luck, i hope you find a method thats better than what your having to go with now..
    prayers for you !
  • Options
    i spot sometimes during ovulation.. but ive read thats a healthy sign of fertility.
  • Options
    My husband and I just use condoms and VCF. With the two combined I feel pretty safe. For awhile we were just using condoms, but we had an oopsie baby, so we added a bit of extra protection there. It still isn't fool proof, but it works for us! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

It can definitely take a while for your body to adjust to a new pill.  I had been on one for years (read: 12) and then decided to try Nuvaring last year.  Started having terrible bleeding after about 3 months (constant bleeding for 3 weeks).  Went back to my old faithful and have been fine since.  But I loved NuvaRing while I was on it. 

Also, are you taking placebos or on it continuously?  First starting continuous treatment can have spotting for a lot of folks.

Me: 33  DH: 39  Married 5/17/14
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015

Formerly known as JennyH81

DH has one son (11) from prior marriage
    Baby Girl Pug is my furbaby

Come peek in my ute!

• Options
    We will be doing NFP starting Feb. I'm sick of feeling sick on them. I'm glad he's fine with it...it also make me feel better because then of there is a fertility issue we should know well before we start TTCing since I will be temping and charting.

I can't take the sugar pills. I'm diabetic.

30 - Waiting to TTC#2

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"