Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

18 month old sweats alot during sleep

My 18 month old son has a very sweaty head while he sleeps. Is this normal and common?

PLease advise, feeling worried.

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: 18 month old sweats alot during sleep

• Options
    I should have included details. What he wears varies, fleece when cold and raining outside (live in Los Angeles so its not always cold/raining) he has pretty much always been this way but some nights he seems to sweat more than other nights even when he wears short sleeves and shorts to bed. I do leave the ceiling fan on low to keep cool air circulating :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My son sweats a lot too, we can't control the heat where we live and it gets very warm. Try cotton pjs, maybe pants and short sleeves? I keep the fan low if it's very warm but I would worry about the fan being on if he's sweaty and wet. I put cornstarch under his arms before bed too (after bath). And a light blanket. Are the sheets fleece too?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DDs head sweats when she sleeps, no matter what she's wearing.  If your LO isn't waking up because he's too hot and you know he doesn't have a fever then I say you're fine.  I think my DD is just like me and likes to be warm in her crib so she pulls the blanket over her and piles her stuffed toys around to snuggle with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"