June 2013 Moms
Options

11/14- FFFC

Bring it!

~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
imageimage
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 11/14- FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    momofcatanmomofcatan member
    edited November 2014
    @calikat80 My deal with DH: the only pets we are allowed to have are those that live in tanks (he's a fish guy otherwise it would be 0 pets). I have no desire to own a dog or cat, and since I would get nothing out of it, my argument to DH is that we can't afford it (plus I don't want the extra work).

• Options
    @calikat80‌ , I'm actually not much of a pet person either. My brother begged my mom for years for a dog. She finally gave in when he was 14 (I was 16). But she would only let him get a small, non-shedding dog. We, no joke, made him do entirely all of the work for that dog because neither of us wanted it. But she grew on us and became part of the family. When my brother moved out and went to school the dog ended up living with me and I've kept her ever since. Our big dog was entirely my DH. His parents never let him get a dog so as soon as we bought a house it was the first thing he pushed for. She's grown on me too (she's a big suck) but after these two dogs are gone we won't have anymore pets. If your kids do get for a dog at some point, get a small, good natured one. So much easier to care for, travel with, etc.
    div style="text-align: center;">

• Options
    I don't intend to do any Santa-related stuff with our kids. I feel inexplicably guilty about it. I don't recall having any Santa pics as a kid, but I know we sat on laps at random events. I also don't remember ever believing in Santa as a kid (we went to a fundamentalist Baptist church- the Jesus is the reason for the season variety where Santa, etc. were strongly discouraged). We intend to raise the kids Jewish anyway (DH's family is Jewish) so why am I having second thoughts about Santa???

Anniversary

• Options
    I was supposed to send a package to @34blondie in September. The cleaning lady moved it and I totally forgot I never mailed it. Finally mailed it this week. Better late then never right?

@34blondie let me know if it arrives safely!

• Options
    Another FFFC- as a SAHM, I feel really guilty spending money because I am not working. I know its OUR money and Dh is working to support us and give us the stuff we need and I never have to ask for money but its still such a guilty feeling swiping my credit card even for groceries. I've had a job since I was 12 and always paid for my own things. I know its been 17 months since I have worked but the feeling hasn't gone away

I feel the same way a lot of the time. Not so much buying groceries, but more when I want to buy something for myself. I can't remember what it was that I really needed, but basically I avoided buying it for myself. DH finally noticed and asked why I hadn't just bought it. We had a really long talk about all of it, and now discuss our personal spending budgets more often so that I feel a little more justified doing what I have to do.

• Options
    Also @LimaBeanMOM‌ I don't think those are bad feelings to have (as long as you can get a handle on it enough to feel ok buying necessary things). I know too many SAHMs who, imo, feel way to entitled to the things they can buy with the money their husbands make. Yes, we work hard at home, but our husbands do work hard to bring that money home too. They shouldn't have to be expected to sacrifice every single thing they want because their wife *needs* a new Marc Jabobs bag and a treadmill.

• Options

Another FFFC- as a SAHM, I feel really guilty spending money because I am not working. I know its OUR money and Dh is working to support us and give us the stuff we need and I never have to ask for money but its still such a guilty feeling swiping my credit card even for groceries. I've had a job since I was 12 and always paid for my own things. I know its been 17 months since I have worked but the feeling hasn't gone away

This is me. We have seperate accounts so I haven't had to do it yet since I had a good amount saved but I am $200 from needing his money. It totally sucks. I am starting to feel useless. I know I shouldn't let it bother me because making it 16 months with my saved money is really actually amazing since I haven't curbed my spending. I buy groceries and my gas and everything I need and everything DD has needed plus typically I bought the fun things we needed. I am freaking out about money this week.
  • Options
    smpeachey said:

I am really considering not telling my mom when I go into labor and give birth until hours after the baby is born. I know we will be telling my in laws right away or sometime soon after because they will have B and should know whats going on. I just don't want to deal with my mom showing up at the hospital to meet her new grandchild when she has no desire to help and take care of me or B-she can't be bothered to watch him while I am in the hospital so I want to not be bothered by letting her know the baby is born. It probably won't happen because my conscience always gets in the way and makes me do the right thing but its been on my mind a lot lately

Seriously don't call her. The guilt of not calling her will go away quickly. The memories of your LO's birth experience being ruined by an annoying person will last forever.

+1. DH called his mom at some point (I really don't even know when), but we didn't tell my family until after B was born. It was nice not having anyone on their way or visiting the hospital until we were ready. No guilt.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"