Multiples
Options

I thought my anxiety with one was bad...

When I first found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks I was so excited and then it turned into extreme anxiety. I soon adjusted and became excited yet again.

At my 18 week (17w4d) anatomy scan we found out we are having identical twin boys! Once we were over the initial shock, excitement kicked in again. Now that I have made the GIANT mistake of exploring Dr. Google, I'm freaking out and my anxiety is at an all time high. Can someone give me some advice on how to manage it all a little better?

Re: I thought my anxiety with one was bad...

• Options
    Therapy? I'm a therapist, so Im a little biased :). But I was in therapy myself for 10ish yrs, only stopped when I went on bedrest. Stay away from Dr Google fo sho! Good luck!
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Stop reading on the internet.  Just because it's on the internet, doesn't mean it's true...for everyone.  Each baby and pregnancy is unique.  Can bad things happen?  Sure!  Can it also go extremely smoothly?  Of course!
    I had a very boring pregnancy but still had my water break at 35w5d and had them that same day.  No matter how much you read, you can't always predict what is going to happen or why.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"