March 2015 Moms
Options

The correct responses to Old Wives' Tales

I know I haven't been around in a while, but this made me laugh and think of you lovely ladies. Now these are some answers I can agree with!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: The correct responses to Old Wives' Tales

• Options
    This is gold.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Hilarious! The other day I went to a party and the ladies all tried guessing if I was having a girl or boy. First of all this was awkward as they are all the wives of my husbands friends and I just don't know them very well. Secondly we are keeping the sex a secret. Thirdly, this was made awkward given that they were all staring at me and asking me personal questions. The consensus was that I am having a boy (because I'm carrying low, his heart rate is generally on the low side, I am not craving fruits and veggies, and my hips and thighs are bigger). I had no clue how to react, I just smiled and laughed it off, even though they basically told me that I'm unhealthy and all over fat.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm totally printing this out to play mad libs at my friends baby shower :)
  • Options
    Love it!!!
    Thanks for the laugh !!
  • Options
    Lark425 said:

Hilarious! The other day I went to a party and the ladies all tried guessing if I was having a girl or boy. First of all this was awkward as they are all the wives of my husbands friends and I just don't know them very well. Secondly we are keeping the sex a secret. Thirdly, this was made awkward given that they were all staring at me and asking me personal questions. The consensus was that I am having a boy (because I'm carrying low, his heart rate is generally on the low side, I am not craving fruits and veggies, and my hips and thighs are bigger). I had no clue how to react, I just smiled and laughed it off, even though they basically told me that I'm unhealthy and all over fat.

When your pregnant people think they can just say anything to you and it's fine!! 'Your hips are huge' 'you don't look pregnant just a little fat' 'I was so much bigger/smaller than that' 'when will your boobs get bigger' your right the best thing to do is smile and laugh it off!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"