2nd Trimester
Options

14weeks pregnant with all day morning sickness

I have all morning sickness and it gets worst in the evening. What should i do ? I hate food, I only have very lil choice of foods to eat! Any suggestion ?

Re: 14weeks pregnant with all day morning sickness

• Options
  • Options
    Thanks lady
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Drugs. I'm 26 weeks and still get sick without the drugs id be miserable.
  • Options
    I'm 16 weeks and have been hospitalized twice because I couldn't keep anything down, the things that have worked for me are meds from my ob (zofran, compazine), club crackers and coke with no caffeine, let that coke sit for 15-20 minutes, hope that helps!
  • Options
    I had terrible all day sickness until 15 weeks. It felt like it would never end. 15.5 weeks and it was like a switch clicked off and no more sickness. I was about to start on the drugs my midwife prescribed.
  • Options
    I agree with PP's, Zofran really makes a huge difference.  I'm 21 weeks and still dealing with nausea and vomiting on an almost daily basis.  The zofran doesn't work for me 100%, but it definitely makes a big dent, aside from that, eating what does appeal to me, and trying not to go too long with an empty stomach seems to help a lot.  I find, at least personally, that a big culprit is an empty stomach, eating too much or too little makes me sick.  I try to just eat small snacks throughout the day, and in some cases, I have to force myself up in the middle of the night for a granola bar so I don't wake up with an empty stomach and get sick in the morning.  I totally feel your pain!  Sorry you're going through this, it's no fun!
  • Options
    shayna5shayna5 member
    edited November 2014
  • Options
    I'm a little shy of 14 weeks but still on Zofran. Probably will be for a few more weeks at least. With my DD my sickness ended right around 13w but with my son it dragged on until about 18.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    StacyJYayStacyJYay member
    edited November 2014
    I have all morning sickness and it gets worst in the evening. What should i do ? I hate food, I only have very lil choice of foods to eat! Any suggestion ?
    With regard to the few choices of food to eat, I feel your pain!  Until week 15/16, all I could tolerate were bagels and cream cheese, pizza, and cheddar cheese.  Most of my daily calories/protein/fat came from these food items!  I took my prenatal (and some other doctor-approved supplements, like vitamins C + D), and my doctor told me not to worry about my limited diet at this point.  I hope you feel better soon.  :) 
  • Options
    Ginger can be a fantastic aid for queasyness. Papaya also helps. You can get them both as vitamins if you can't stomach the real stuff. Warm water with lemon can also help some people's stomachs relax. Also, look for "Preggie Pops" they help me quite a bit when I'm on the go. I had all day morning sickness with this one for the first 12-13 weeks. I feel like I've tried a million solutions... I finally had to break down and get a script from the doctor for those times when nothing else worked, but the natural stuff usually did the trick.
  • Options
    I am also frustrated with this, I was very sick week 5-9 and then 10 and 11 I felt a lot better! Since 2 weeks on I am back to throwing up several times a day. I thought I was done! So much for it being over in the second trimester.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"