October 2014 Moms

Happy Halloween randoms!!

Re: Happy Halloween randoms!!

• narabug said:

Any ideas for a last minute Halloween costume that I can feed DS in without getting completely undressed?

Just throw on a black clothes and a cape. Call yourself a vampire or something and do some fun makeup.

This was me last year and I plan on doing the same thing again today.
  • Loading the player...
  • @LightBright515‌ I love them too. DH thinks I'm crazy for watching all of them. (First 48, Forensic Files, etc)
    DS born 7/5/2001
    Married DH 2010
    TTC since 2010
    8 IUI and 2 IVF cycles
    BFP - TWINS! - Lost twin A at 17w5d 
    Still pregnant with Twin B!!!! Due 10/16/2014
    Hospital bed rest 5/10-7/20
    William born at 27 weeks and 3 days

• I hope we don't get any snow but now I'll have to check the weather! We are still in the hospital but good news is LO bilirubin was 15.3 at 7am. (It was 21 yesterday) so they took her off the lights this morning and they will check her blood again at 4pm. If it stays the same or goes down then we can go home however if it goes up then we will have to repeat the process again! Right now she's sleeping on my chest which is where she's been wanting to be all night!! I also had a HUGE BIG ugly cry last night a couple of times. I was so exhausted and the room we were in was so hot I could hardly stand it. On top of being hungry and having a pounding headache with a screaming baby. DH came up last night and brought me some food about 11pm and then he has to head home. He not only had to work early but also had to get DD up and ready for school. I didn't want him to leave and I started to cry and I didn't want to make him feel bad in anyway so I lied and told him it was just from being tired and my head hurting. I hope we can go home today!

Happy Halloween to everyone and hopefully the weather stays nice enough for all who are going trick or treating. And to whoever was asking (sorry still no pen and paper) about keeping the light on or off for the kids, if you already bought candy you could put it in a bowl or bucket and set it at the end of the driveway for the kids to get it themselves. Stay warm ladies!!
  • Okay, so, don't hate me, but DS is still asleep. He went down at 10 and it's already 7. I fed him in his sleep twice only because my breasts hurt so much it woke me. He sleeps so well when we bedshare!

Unfortunately I sleep at a funny angle when we bedshare, and I always wake with a headache from twisting my neck. All I want is to sleep on my stomach, but I can't do that with the boy in our bed. But if he is not in our bed, he is not sleeping as soundly. Boo.

This sounds a lot like my night! She did wake up to eat once. I kept waking up (or my boobs kept waking me up) thinking she would want to eat again but nope. This morning she was ravenous. I don't know how much sleep I got but it felt like more than three hours. Thankful. Bedsharing for the win EXCEPT that I am so over sleeping on my side. I have her start the night in her bassinet so I can sleep flat for a bit.

imageimageimage
  • mickeydoomickeydoo member
    edited October 2014
    Found out HR paid me for only 32 hours today instead of 80. WTF?? So I called and thank goodness I work at a credit union and my accounts are there because they can make a deposit for me to correct their error. Big difference in the deposit amount!
  • It is a beautiful 67 degrees here today. You ladys can keep the snow!

Also, lo is 5 weeks today and I slept (in several batches) a total of 8 hours last night. I am so happy but also scared of what that means for today. So far no dice on naps.

Off to go deal with my crying baby!
  • Waiting for another ultrasound. Alex can't eat for the next 2 hours. This is what hell looks like.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• @Syllessa‌ Ughhh! Hang in there! Hopefully you will get some answers soon.

imageimageimage
  • I've been thinking about you @syllessa. I hope you get answers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • pushgal84 said:

I absolutely hate nights when DD grunts and kicks for HOURS before she finally falls asleep. It seems like there's nothing I can do to make her stop. HALP.

Dude, this is my life. Every night. I cannot sleep because of this and he will not sleep in his bassinet. It drives me nuts.
    Its only happened a few times but my gosh it's annoying. I don't understand how she can do it for hours and not fall asleep, even after eating!

Mine will even do that in a swaddle.
    DD is swaddled every time too.
    Have you tried unswaddling her? After one week my guy decided he hates to be swaddled, like melt down inconsolable crying. One night I removed the swaddle and presto, sleepy baby. We haven't swaddled since. Apparently he has crazy arms that must be free to flail about.

We swaddle with arms out. :/

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• @Syllessa‌ thinking of you! >:D<

imageimageimage

• erawka said:

This is all I can muster for DD's Halloween costume. She pooped in it two seconds later.

She does rock the skull and crossbones though!

That was my favorite pattern of the Honest diapers!

imageimageimage

• ILs have been here for 25 minutes and DS has screamed the whole time. They won't give him back. I'm about to lose it.
    Me: 30 | DH: 4/12/85 - 6/16/14 | Quinn Patrick born 9/28/14
  • Husband's cousin asked a time to come hold the baby. We haven't had a single day alone and he's going back to work Monday. Whatever, my needs don't matter, so I told her 130. It's almost 230 now and she still isn't here. Glad we made sure we were ready on your schedule, cousin. I would have liked to have napped. Haven't held the baby in 24 hours but I don't want to wake her since the cousin will take her from me anyway if she shows up.

I have an appointment at 330. I'm scared I need eye surgery on top of everything else.
  • Nicb13 said:

In realizing that my anxiety comes in the morning because I can't seem to get this baby to nap well. Night time sleeping is fine but she is hard to put down for a nap! I hope she improves in this area....

This is me. I have kept him swaddled today during naps and he is doing better. I would like to leave him unswaddled but he is such a restless sleeper he wakes himself up!
  • FIL literally turned his back every time I reached for him. I have never heard my baby cry like that before. I always try to let them hold him as long as possible because they're still so sad about DH and I know seeing DS helps but really, wtf?
  • Nicb13 said:

SPurp13 said:

Husband's cousin asked a time to come hold the baby. We haven't had a single day alone and he's going back to work Monday. Whatever, my needs don't matter, so I told her 130. It's almost 230 now and she still isn't here. Glad we made sure we were ready on your schedule, cousin. I would have liked to have napped. Haven't held the baby in 24 hours but I don't want to wake her since the cousin will take her from me anyway if she shows up.

I have an appointment at 330. I'm scared I need eye surgery on top of everything else.

Is your husband holding her and taking care of her? I'm sorry you aren't bonding with her :(
    Yeah she only wants him anyway.
  • SPurp13 said:

Nicb13 said:

SPurp13 said:

Husband's cousin asked a time to come hold the baby. We haven't had a single day alone and he's going back to work Monday. Whatever, my needs don't matter, so I told her 130. It's almost 230 now and she still isn't here. Glad we made sure we were ready on your schedule, cousin. I would have liked to have napped. Haven't held the baby in 24 hours but I don't want to wake her since the cousin will take her from me anyway if she shows up.

Is your husband holding her and taking care of her? I'm sorry you aren't bonding with her :(
    Yeah she only wants him anyway.
    Stop Purp. Seriously.
    I honestly think it's because she hates breastfeeding. She associates me with holding her down and forcing her face on my boob while she screams. It makes sense to me. My husband gives her the bottles so she likes him.

247. Cousin still isn't here.
  • I feel like I'm not giving LO enough stimulation because I'm trying to rest most of the time when she isn't nursing. The first couple weeks, I was good at reading her a book everyday or something, but now I'm too tired and just want to sleep when I can. Is anyone else going through this/feeling guilty of not stimulating baby enough? She'll still get all the development she needs, right? :(
  • @SPurp13‌ I finally had to start ignoring the text messages and tell DH that I needed some sleep because parents coming over every day and hanging out all evening was exhausting as hell and I wanted some time alone with my family. Don't be afraid to ignore people and tell them you were napping much much later!
  • So I BF on demand whenever I see DS giving hunger cues and today MIL was all, "when are you going to put him on a schedule?" Apparently with her kids, she would wait until they cried, then make them wait 5 minutes. I told her I'm not withholding food from DS. He's a month old. I don't mind feeding him when he's hungry.
  • @SPurp13‌ I finally had to start ignoring the text messages and tell DH that I needed some sleep because parents coming over every day and hanging out all evening was exhausting as hell and I wanted some time alone with my family. Don't be afraid to ignore people and tell them you were napping much much later!

I thought about that but then we will have to deal with them another day. So I Try to just get one out of the way every day. I've taken to hiding upstairs until they leave. They aren't here to see me and maybe that sends a message that they are intruding.

The cousin texted and asked to come now or after she is don't shopping. She is 90 minutes late because she had to go to the grocery store. Really? I said come on over now. I have an appointment anyway.
  • starla487 said:

Dude... Hospital food is gross.

My hospital had thee WORST food ever. I never knew it could be that bad smh.
  • Emerald27 said:

Okay, so, don't hate me, but DS is still asleep. He went down at 10 and it's already 7. I fed him in his sleep twice only because my breasts hurt so much it woke me. He sleeps so well when we bedshare!

Unfortunately I sleep at a funny angle when we bedshare, and I always wake with a headache from twisting my neck. All I want is to sleep on my stomach, but I can't do that with the boy in our bed. But if he is not in our bed, he is not sleeping as soundly. Boo.

Breastfeeding mothers universally sleep in the same position with baby, no matter their culture or what part of the world they're from. They naturally lay on their side, baby at breast level, arm up behind their head or pillow and knees bent. It's the protective "mom curl." You're not able to roll because your knees and elbow being where they are prevent you from rolling unless you wake. It's kind of cool that all moms do this. Chances are, you wouldn't be able to sleep on your stomach next to baby because your body would be telling you to "curl" around baby. Science. :-B
    Apparently I missed this memo. No curling of my knees or arm behind my head. Sounds uncomfortable.

Eta: arm is around baby
    Oops!! Behind your head OR around baby. You don't bend your knees at all? ;)

imageimage
  • edited October 2014
    Okay, so, don't hate me, but DS is still asleep. He went down at 10 and it's already 7. I fed him in his sleep twice only because my breasts hurt so much it woke me. He sleeps so well when we bedshare! Unfortunately I sleep at a funny angle when we bedshare, and I always wake with a headache from twisting my neck. All I want is to sleep on my stomach, but I can't do that with the boy in our bed. But if he is not in our bed, he is not sleeping as soundly. Boo.
    Breastfeeding mothers universally sleep in the same position with baby, no matter their culture or what part of the world they're from. They naturally lay on their side, baby at breast level, arm up behind their head or pillow and knees bent. It's the protective "mom curl." You're not able to roll because your knees and elbow being where they are prevent you from rolling unless you wake. It's kind of cool that all moms do this. Chances are, you wouldn't be able to sleep on your stomach next to baby because your body would be telling you to "curl" around baby. Science. :-B
    Apparently I missed this memo. No curling of my knees or arm behind my head. Sounds uncomfortable. Eta: arm is around baby
    Sounds like a slightly modified fetal position (if arms up)....  It's also how I sleep with my cat!  :-?

@syllessa Huge hugs for you.  I hope you get answers soon.  I have been thinking about you and A all day.

LO last ate at around 1130, and has been sleeping since about 1.  I don't have the heart to wake him, but if he doesn't get up soon he's going to be a peach tonight.
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• DH is trying to get C to take a nap but is only succeeding in winding her up more. He still doesn't seem to understand that a newborn cant self sooth and telling her to be quiet and fall asleep doesn't do anything. He has 15 minutes left and then I will need to feed her (and she will probably fall asleep while eating).

Married 10/06

Baby Girl "C" arrived on 10/07/14 (39 weeks, 6 days)

• @theresat858‌ I would wait for bills from the hospitals/OB etc. That way you know who is owed what and you can see who they billed (to ensure you don't pay something that insurance should be covering :) )
    Me - J.R. - 05/1986
    DH - J.I. - 08/1986
    Married - 09/22/2006
    DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
    DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
    DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
      DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

Absolutely in love with our 'big' family!

I'm also a proud Auntie to a crazy little girl, her brand new baby sister, a little man on his way in the next month, and a sweet little mister we will miss forever!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"