February 2014 Moms

Friday Randoms

Happy Halloween!
F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
   Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Friday Randoms

• @armfruit‌ is this the family you nannied for before LO was born? Or a different family?

It's supposed to be yucky here too. I'm hoping at least the freezing stuff waits until everyone has had their fun.
  • Loading the player...
  • We finally have someone replacing our roof after a tree fell on it a month and a half ago.  DH is still at work, the dog is freaking out and I don't know how I'm going to get out of the house with LO with roofers flinging material.  Oh, and I'm wearing a Halloween costume.  
  • iwubroryiwubrory member
    edited October 2014
    I guess we'll be taking the kids to trick or treat in the rain. I don't even know how that works. No cute videos of DS hurrying up to the doors. :(

@djtippietoes‌ I was going to ask the other day if your house was back to normal but then I thought it would be a dumb question since it has been quite a while so it was probably already fixed.

@ramfan05‌ That sounds like fun! My school is opposite yours, kids can wear their costumes today. :

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Can anyone help me make my $hellmoney badge smaller? I see loads of you have done it, but that's not a skill I possess yet. 
  • @armfruit‌ , I am a nanny as well and the family I work for is really unorganized too. I know how frustrating it can be. They asked me to organize a few months ago, but then refused to let me throw anything away. The mom has borderline hoarding habits.
  • @ramfan05‌ pumpkin pancakes sound amazing! Do you have a recipe you'd be willing to share?
  • Thanks @dreamingbabies. How did you do that?
  • The last two years DH and I put DS to bed then just set up chairs in the garage and passed out candy from there. I wish I had been sitting on a riding lawn mower though... ;))

@JoyBaby5 I once opened the back of my car (lift gate) in the driveway to take out a stroller. I then proceeded to pull into my garage with the lift gate open! Surprisingly not much damage was done, just a couple light scratches. It could have been a catastrophe!

• @mamosey pretty much what others have said. If LO goes to bed before 8, I'm turning our lights off and calling it a night. LO will ToT from 6-7, eat his dinner at 7, have fun until he's ready for bed. But he probably won't go to bed before 8. 
  • Happy Halloween, ladies and LOs!!

I couldn't believe that the thread was already two pages but then I looked at my clock and realized it's almost 10am. Happy that my half day at work is going fast!

Can't wait to see all the costumes on TB and IG!
  • Happy all hallows everyone. I am over all man colds. Last night was dreadful. The baby was a mess, H tossing and turning and waking us up. I dont understand how having the sniffles, (no cough, no aches/pains, no congestion, no actual nose blowing) requires so much drama. Once I was finally asleep, he thought it would be a good idea to wake me up by tossing the covers off and starting things. His excuse was it helps the immune system. He was pissed his 'offer' was not received well. He is too sick to do his side of the choirs, partipate tonight, or help make sure I finish her costume because I have been covering for him the last week because of the damned man cold. If you can't do daily things around the house because your too sick, take a mother F-en paid sick day and try to get better. Prolonging being sick makes everyone snippy.

/end of rant
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @Codypup Good luck! I'm sending good vibes your way! You'll do great! :)

@BlueDot818 You're adorable! I love that costume.

Good morning and Happy Halloween!

I was completely MIA yesterday so I'm going to try to catch up today if I can. Yesterday wasn't exactly a great day, plus we were busy. Which means no bump time. :( Did I miss anything good?

I still have no clue what I'm going to be for halloween. Just going to do some sort of face paint, but everything that I've found on pinterest isn't exactly family friendly (it's scary). I came across a DIY Regina George costume where you just wear a pink bra and cut holes in a white tank top and wear a skirt. I was really tempted to do it, then I figured it wouldn't be very appropriate with kids and no one would understand it anyways. Bleh.

On the plus side, I found a crazy halloween sale with everything 90% off and I got 10 packs of Halloween makeup, cream, and paint tube for a whopping .78 cents including tax! I felt like an extreme couponer. <:-P
  • Mamosey said:

What are you all doing about trick or treaters and LO's bedtime?

I will be sticking something over the doorbell and putting the treats in a "help yourself" basket/bucket by the front door :)
  • How's it go @Codypup‌? Betting it was great :)
  • Go get 'em, @codypup

I'm squeezing in an extra pump at school. My schedule for the next 3 weeks is so screwed up. It leaves me some days where I literally will only have a break to pump (and eat at the same time), and some days I'll have huge chunks of free time. I don't like it, but I can't really avoid it. 
  • All of you people leaving candy in a bowl- aren't you concerned some little jerk will come up and empty the whole bowl into his/her bag?

@mummypig I'll get back to you in a bit =)

• I haven't had time to read through yet, but I wanted to drop in and say I got my Stitch Fix box. Something went horribly wrong there. I will post hideous pictures when I get a chance.

Also, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
  • I didn't get to say good luck to @codypup before so I'm saying goodluck to her NOW. Plus there's a guy driving a riding mower outside of the office.

• We will be eating Chipotle tonight! I didn't realize our trick or treat was 6-8... I thought it was 5-7!

I've been seeing a lot of you say your trick or treating is from x to x. Do your neighborhoods come up with these times or what? @BlueDot818‌

• NoetholaNoethola member
    edited October 2014
    Hope this silence means @codypup is getting the grand tour and a job offer!

@njb750 I hate coming up with work goals. I think @katybriggs gave you some great ones! Now if your boss will just go for it!

Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    "Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• @iwubrory ToT where I live is decided by the town council. 
  • @iwubrory ToT where I live is decided by the town council. 

@shellbell3845 The town council? Do you have a population of like 100?

It would be nice to at least have a set start time. Last year dh and I were trying to figure out when we could start because we didn't want to he out too late with DS.

• iwubrory said:
    @iwubrory ToT where I live is decided by the town council. 
    @shellbell3845 The town council? Do you have a population of like 100? It would be nice to at least have a set start time. Last year dh and I were trying to figure out when we could start because we didn't want to he out too late with DS.
    Ha! Nope. I live in a very large suburb of a city. As someone else mentioned, I think it prevents kids from "ToTing" at 10pm -- or from going out like as soon as they get home from school, maybe. 
  • I need to pump again, but my room is being used as a scavenger hunt stop for the 3rd grade, so I'm not exactly sure where to pump. 
  • Guys my baby is so miserable. :( He slept really fitfully last night, and wouldn't go back to sleep at all after 6. He's been just so fussy and clingy all day. I gave him some ibuprofen thinking it was teeth, but now he feels warm too. :( we're staying at my parents' and forgot a thermometer, so DH just went to buy one. How does that work if he's already had ibuprofen? What sort of fever do we need to worry about? And of course this happens when we're away and can't go to our pedi. :/ He doesn't seem sick other than seeming miserable and warm, so I'm not even sure what could be causing it. :(
    Sorry he's not feeling good, mama. My pedi isn't interested in a fever until at least 101. It could still be teething -- and you can always still call your pedi for reassurance/as if you should visit urgent care. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"