January 2015 Moms
Options

Comments on your size

2»

Re: Comments on your size

• Options
    I am getting all too familiar with the rude/unwanted comments since i bartend and am pretty much on display for everyone all the time. Most people are complimentary and positive about my appearance but recently I have gotten the "3 more months to go?! Is it twins?!" several times. (Im 5ft tall so baby has nowhere to go but out!) Also have guy customers who always thought it funny to comment on how big my boobs were but now theyre twice as big with a belly to match! One guy has actually told me TWICE how nice it will be for me to not have to wear a bra since i can just rest my giant boobs on my giant belly!! He thinks it hilarious so im sure ill hear it again before im done. Unfortunately most of these rude people are regulars and some even great tippers so i cant fire back anything rude. I just have to laugh it off and pretend it doesnt piss me off that they think its ok to EVER comment in a negative way on someones size!!! I think the next time it happens im gonna let the hormones fly and just start crying. So many customers love me that whoever made the comment will come off looking like a total a$$hole for making a preggers chick cry!!
  • Options
    I was overweight before I got pregnant, with addition to it being my 1st pregnancy, so it's taken me a really long time to start showing. I'm seven months now and you still can't really tell unless you know me. However, I've had several insulting things from family about it. My MIL said "You're really starting to get that pregnancy chubby face look" when I was only 4 months. My husband's uncle said "fatty fatty 2x4 can't even fit through the kitchen door". And a random lady that goes to my church and barely knows me audible told my MIL that she was so glad I hadn't gained much weight during my pregnancy. While I'm glad I haven't had to deal with much belly rubbing or comments from strangers, it's just as annoying to get it from extended family that feel the need to chime in since you aren't allowed to punch them ;).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get more oh you're pregnant.... Where do you store this baby you're so small for X weeks
  • Options
    It's definitely rude in my book, although some people don't seem to be offended by those types of comments.  When I popped out at around 24 weeks I became extremely sensitive about my weight gain and started feeling resentful about those comments.  

I know the people who have said those things to me don't mean to be rude or hurtful, but they still stung.  I finally mentioned something to one of my coworkers because it was bugging me so much.  They were horrified for making me feel bad and apologized immediately.  I'm really glad I spoke up when I did and they were understanding about my feelings.  I'd say something if you can, to let people know that you find their comments inappropriate.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    People still don't know/can't tell I'm pregnant. Even in my pregnant skeleton shirt for Halloween my neighbour who sees me almost every day didn't believe me. I feel like I must always look 6+ months pregnant which is just depressing. PeoPle who do know tell me it's obvious but I don't believe them! :(
  • Options
    So I have gotten a range of comments from "where are you hiding that baby?" to "Are you sure it's just 1?". I am pretty good about chalking It up to people trying to find nice ways of making conversation. However, I have a coworker that I see once a week who has said "wow, you're getting fat" and yesterday said, "holy cow, you're swelling". How does anyone think those comments are appropriate? Ugh!
  • Options
    I don't find it rude at all. I am proud of my pregnant belly and if it's not getting bigger, my baby's not getting big. I want people to notice that I'm getting bigger because it means my baby is growing. Being pregnant is not the same as being fat. Pregnancy is amazing and beautiful and I love when people comment on mine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"