October 2013 Moms

UO!

I don't have one, but @bkeane619‌ is getting tired of single-handedly keeping the board alive.

Let 'em fly!
imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UO!

• @missgpsu you are un-American for not liking nightmare before Christmas.
  • Loading the player...
  • i have spent a year in my life working in retail. i do not even remotely find that the hardest job i have ever had. ppl are assholes fo sho. but they will be a fleeting memory in that job.

also i hate black friday for many reasons...mostly bc i dont like ppl. but if you work in retail this is not brand new news that you will have to work on it. or any other holiday.

Christmas Day and Thanksgiving Day were always days off until the past couple of years, it is brand new news. Retail is an under appreciated job, not the hardest job. My life in retail was fine as an associate, as a manager on the other hand it was not. Working over your 45 hours you are paid for 70 hour work weeks, 6 day work weeks around the holidays and not getting paid the extra day, your job needing to become you're entire life, because your store is your responsibility sucks ass. Some of these things you don't know they are going to do to you when you take the job like make people work on Thanksgiving. I'm glad I got out now that I have a family. I would take a desk job any day of the week compared to that. The only reason I stayed as long as I did was because I would have had to take a pay cut at an entry level desk job.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • missgpsu said:
    I am pulling at straws, but this is all I have:

Pencils are so much better than pens.  

Also I feel spelling tests at school are stupid.  I refuse to give them.  Kids just memorize the words the night before,spell them right, and then never spell them write again.  I teach spelling patterns still, but focus on using resources like a dictionary or the Internet to correct your spelling instead.

I have said this before, but Charlie Brown is horrible and so is all his specials and I don't like the Nightmare Before Christmas.

I hate Charlie Brown too, so boring.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • missgpsu said:

Pencils are so much better than pens.  

this is the most horrid thing i think you have ever said. in no way shape or form are pencils better! they smudge, they smell like lead, they get on your hand....ugh. pens are like high definition of the writing utensils.
    ....plus you have to sharpen them! Or at the least, push the top to get more lead.

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• bkeane619 said:

I would take a desk job any day of the week compared to that. The only reason I stayed as long as I did was because I would have had to take a pay cut at an entry level desk job.

the grass is always greener. there are so many different levels and meanings of a "desk job" so i dont really know how to answer that. but either way all jobs are under appreciated especially the ones that you are not saving lives (not saying that saving lives jobs are not some of the most important jobs). everyone wants to be validated in their jobs. i am just saying after experiencing both a desk job and retail. the easier job is retail to me. however i would pick my desk job any day of the week over retail bc that is what suits me more.

I've been on both sides too, I am speaking from my experience. I've had people spit in my face from disrespect as a manager. Never happened to me sitting at a desk.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Amjoy25 said:

YOU ARE WRONG @bkeane619! NURSING IS THE MOST UNDER-APPRECIATED JOB! AND IT CAN BE A HARD JOB!

No where did I say retail was the most under appreciated job. I said it was under appreciated. Please show me where I said otherwise.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • bkeane619 said:
    YOU ARE WRONG @bkeane619! NURSING IS THE MOST UNDER-APPRECIATED JOB! AND IT CAN BE A HARD JOB!
    No where did I say retail was the most under appreciated job. I said it was under appreciated. Please show me where I said otherwise.
    You didn't say say MOST...I did.

imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• Amjoy25 said:

bkeane619 said:

Amjoy25 said:

So then what am I wrong about again?
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • bkeane619bkeane619 member
    edited October 2014
    Amjoy25 said:

bkeane619 said:

Amjoy25 said:

bkeane619 said:

Amjoy25 said:

So then what am I wrong about again?

I think you are taking UO a little too literal. It was supposed to be funny. You know...red lettering, yellow highlighter, yelling...did that not come across? 

I hate when people tell me I'm wrong because I'm always right. Sorry the humor didn't come across to me. Is that a UO?
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • i'm with @carriet2018 in that retail is not all that bad. i worked it for 4 years, and i loved it both as sales/cashier, and as management. i used to request to work black fridays, because i knew it would be busy/action-packed/fun. i planned for parking accordingly. if i could work retail, and get paid what i do now as an engineer, i would do it in a heartbeat.

i also think that the quality of customers come from the quality of the store. budget store = less respectful customers. boutique stores = more respectful. i worked in a mid-high value chain store (banana republic), and i had never once dealt with poop or spit. my worst offenses were customers opening sample makeup to try because they didn't want to use the testers that everyone else used...and they didn't buy it.

• Well, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today....not naming any names. 

• jennlin said:

i'm with @carriet2018 in that retail is not all that bad. i worked it for 4 years, and i loved it both as sales/cashier, and as management. i used to request to work black fridays, because i knew it would be busy/action-packed/fun. i planned for parking accordingly. if i could work retail, and get paid what i do now as an engineer, i would do it in a heartbeat.

i also think that the quality of customers come from the quality of the store. budget store = less respectful customers. boutique stores = more respectful. i worked in a mid-high value chain store (banana republic), and i had never once dealt with poop or spit. my worst offenses were customers opening sample makeup to try because they didn't want to use the testers that everyone else used...and they didn't buy it.

I got spit on at JCrew!!! Lol
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • bkeane619bkeane619 member
    edited October 2014
    bkeane619 said:

jennlin said:

i'm with @carriet2018 in that retail is not all that bad. i worked it for 4 years, and i loved it both as sales/cashier, and as management. i used to request to work black fridays, because i knew it would be busy/action-packed/fun. i planned for parking accordingly. if i could work retail, and get paid what i do now as an engineer, i would do it in a heartbeat.

Edit: actually so was the poop, pee and cum ugh this was supposed to be an edit not a whole new post.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • bkeane619 said:

when/what year? jcrew did a lot of changes in the last few years...i think it was around 2011..that's when they started getting more expensive. they used to be comparable to gap......not that gap is low enough price to have spitting customers....but jcrew then and jcrew now is a very different price point.

I make jokes when I'm uncomfortable.
  • eek @bkeane619 that's a realllllly dirty jcrew then. was it in the wrong side of town?

• jennlin said:

bkeane619 said:

jennlin said:

when/what year? jcrew did a lot of changes in the last few years...i think it was around 2011..that's when they started getting more expensive. they used to be comparable to gap......not that gap is low enough price to have spitting customers....but jcrew then and jcrew now is a very different price point.

Yes, it was ten years ago. It considered BR a competitor though back then too. It is more expensive now though.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • jennlin said:

eek @bkeane619 that's a realllllly dirty jcrew then. was it in the wrong side of town?

Lol nope
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • I have one. I don't agree that healthcare workers returning from w. Africa should be quarantined in the way Newark- lady (forget her name) was. Let the games begin.
    No arguments here.

• bkeane619 said:
    bkeane619 said:

Yes, it was ten years ago. It considered BR a competitor though back then too. It is more expensive now though.
    i think it's ridic how expensive it is now. there is no way i'm paying 300 for shoes from jcrew.

• jennlin said:

bkeane619 said:

jennlin said:

bkeane619 said:

jennlin said:

i think it's ridic how expensive it is now. there is no way i'm paying 300 for shoes from jcrew.

Have you seen the baby clothes?
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • bkeane619 said:

Have you seen the baby clothes?
    yes, and they are to-die-for-adorable. but not with that price tag. i forget they are even an option bc i don't like paying more than $4 for a kids shirt.

• bkeane619 said:

Christmas Day and Thanksgiving Day were always days off until the past couple of years, it is brand new news. Retail is an under appreciated job, not the hardest job. My life in retail was fine as an associate, as a manager on the other hand it was not. Working over your 45 hours you are paid for 70 hour work weeks, 6 day work weeks around the holidays and not getting paid the extra day, your job needing to become you're entire life, because your store is your responsibility sucks ass. Some of these things you don't know they are going to do to you when you take the job like make people work on Thanksgiving. I'm glad I got out now that I have a family. I would take a desk job any day of the week compared to that. The only reason I stayed as long as I did was because I would have had to take a pay cut at an entry level desk job.
    This was DH's life until he quit to try to work for his dad so that he could spend more time with us as a family (didn't work out) and now he's working as an assistant manager but getting paid like a sales associate. At least he's not working 70 hour weeks anymore, and we're still getting the bills paid.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I live in the Caribbean where everyone else goes for vacation, and I don't like it.  Actually I can't wait to leave.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image
  • NRyan55 said:

cheez-it snack mix>chex mix

That's right.  I said it.

What about party mix? I love those bbq Fritos.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Amjoy25Amjoy25 member
    edited October 2014
    Not a fan of Cheez-its. Don't get me wrong, fake cheese is amazing, but Cheez-its are not my thang.

• You guise are making me hungry!

#isitlunchtimeyet

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"