February 2015 Moms
Options

Starbucks holiday drinks *eggnog update*

Re: Starbucks holiday drinks *eggnog update*

• Options
    Well I was just going to respond that this post did nothing for me. I'm boring and do not drink anything but plain coffee and hot chocolate and certaintly don't jump and down over these flavors you mention BUT I didn't realize they had something called caramel brulee!! Thanks @Ducktail! I might have to venture in one now :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    @foxslaw‌ oh they better have the egg nog one here otherwise there will be a very scary pregnant person on there hands!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is it bad that I have been drinking the peppermint hot chocolates since July?

I'll answer my own question.  No.  It's fantastic.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love this thread. Thanks, @foxslaw. And @lizzybean I'm getting the same error message.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @smg2302‌ I have been drinking White Peppermint Mocha since it came out like 10 years ago but I'm sure it's been longer then that. It's my tride and true!
  • Options
    agm04 said:
    I love this thread. Thanks, @foxslaw. And @lizzybean I'm getting the same error message.
    Im glad Im not alone! Hopefully it fixes itself soon. Thx for letting me know!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Anniversary
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I love you. I was just thinking about holiday drinks this morning. I love love love my peppermint mochas, but I refuse to buy one before Nov. 1. I'm interested in the chestnut praline, I might order a tall with a backup grande PM.
    F15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Decoration Fails

Natalie Ann is on her way!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    foxslaw said:
    Just so you addicts know... We are also coming out with a new drink called the Chestnut Praline Latte...
    I read this on facebook. SOOOOOOOOOOO Excited!
    Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    First IUI (L) 5/27/2014 triggered- BFP
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    foxslawfoxslaw member
    edited October 2014
    CatLadyTX said:

I love you. I was just thinking about holiday drinks this morning. I love love love my peppermint mochas, but I refuse to buy one before Nov. 1. I'm interested in the chestnut praline, I might order a tall with a backup grande PM.

Or you could order a short! It's 8oz & it's just a taste. @CatLadyTX‌
  • Options
    Not a huge peppermint fan (bad Schnapps episode back in the day), so my go-to holiday Starbucks drink is the "Chunkin".  Its half chai latte, half pumpkin spice...sooo delish! 
    P.S. - Its cheaper if you tell them you'd like a chai latte with pumpkin spice shots.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

@foxslaw they are always so nice to me at Starbucks. DH says that it is because I give them $1 everyday but they make me a drink and my breakfast. If we have enough money to have them scan my iphone for $7 most days of the week, I have enough money to tip them. DH thinks it is too much.

What say you?

BFP #1: It's a GIRL! DD born October, 2012
    BFP #2: m/c at 7w, February, 2014
    BFP #3: It's a BOY! Please be our rainbow! Due February, 2015

*everyone always welcome*
    image    image   image
  • Options
    Can you get half cafe lattes? I ordered a tall pumpkin the other day, but had all the caffeine.
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
    CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
    Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
    Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
    3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
    3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
    3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
    March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
    BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
    4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
    4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
    4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
    5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
    6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
    6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
    6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
    Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Ducktale said:
    foxslaw said:
    Oh, I forgot that caramel brûlée is still a thing too.

I WAS JUST ABOUT TO FREAK OUT THAT THIS WASNT GOING TO BE AVAILABLE THIS YEAR. Don't scare me like that. I fucking love the caramel brûlée latte. I wait all year.
    I know it is heresy but CARAMEL BRULEE >>> PUMPKIN SPICE. (duck and cover)

image    image   image
  • Options

@foxslaw, does Starbucks not have decaf iced coffee?  The two I frequent said no, and offered decaf Americanos instead (which are not tasty to me, I've tried them on different occasions)

I was trying to really restrict my caffeine in the 1st tri  BUT NOW

• Options

@foxslaw they are always so nice to me at Starbucks. DH says that it is because I give them $1 everyday but they make me a drink and my breakfast. If we have enough money to have them scan my iphone for $7 most days of the week, I have enough money to tip them. DH thinks it is too much.

What say you?

YES. We appreciate our tipping customers SO MUCH MORE. I'm happy for any amount, but if it's at least a dollar, we shed tears of joy. It's also a good way to ensure you never get "decaffed" (which I personally don't do, but I know baristas who do that to rude/demanding customers). It's kind of a thing that we don't expect it, but are thrilled when people tip us.

That said, if you're a nice, patient person, I'll appreciate you no matter what.
  • Options

Not a huge peppermint fan (bad Schnapps episode back in the day), so my go-to holiday Starbucks drink is the "Chunkin".  Its half chai latte, half pumpkin spice...sooo delish! 

P.S. - Its cheaper if you tell them you'd like a chai latte with pumpkin spice shots.
    The reason it's cheaper is if you order a pumpkin spice latte with chai, you're getting espresso shots. If you order a chai tea latte with pumpkin, you're just getting the chai. Depends on how much caffeine you want.
  • Options
    cls78 said:

Can you get half cafe lattes? I ordered a tall pumpkin the other day, but had all the caffeine.

Yes you can! You can get full caff, 1/2 caff & decaf. You can get anything in a hot chocolate style (called a syrup creme, or a steamer in our language) which is just steamed milk, syrup & whipped cream. If a barista tells you that they can't make a tall half caff they are lying to you. Just tell them to pull the two 1/2 caff shots & just put your cup to catch half (or one) of the shots.
  • Options
    nbad311 said:

@foxslaw, does Starbucks not have decaf iced coffee?  The two I frequent said no, and offered decaf Americanos instead (which are not tasty to me, I've tried them on different occasions)

I was trying to really restrict my caffeine in the 1st tri  BUT NOW

Nope, no decaf iced coffee! A decaf iced americano is the closest you're going to get. Sorry. :(
  • Options

Having you to willingly answer all our questions is pretty much the best.  I admit, it took me a while to be ok with paying more than $2 for any coffee drink hence taking me a while to come around to regular drinking of Starbucks, but you can't argue with the better customer service and the nice cleans stores - seriously, I have only ever seen 99s and 100s on their inspection certificates.  My local Dunkins is a scary shithole who always messes up my simple orders. 

• Options
    my dunkin messes up orders AND overcharges me! (they will charge separately instead of a combo deal, etc) the worst was when DW ordered a breakfast sandwich at DD and it smelled like a dirty.... 
    Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    First IUI (L) 5/27/2014 triggered- BFP
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    foxslaw said:

YES. We appreciate our tipping customers SO MUCH MORE. I'm happy for any amount, but if it's at least a dollar, we shed tears of joy. It's also a good way to ensure you never get "decaffed" (which I personally don't do, but I know baristas who do that to rude/demanding customers). It's kind of a thing that we don't expect it, but are thrilled when people tip us.

That said, if you're a nice, patient person, I'll appreciate you no matter what.

I wish there was a way to automatically tip with a starbucks card. Its always challenging to tip in drive through

IVF#1 - BFP 6/18/13 - Tommy born sleeping 10/1/13

IVF#2 - BFN

IVF#3 - BFP 6/5/14 EDD 2/14/15 TWIN BOYS  - MATTHEW AND TIMOTHY ARRIVE 12/2/14

• Options

foxslaw said:

I wish there was a way to automatically tip with a starbucks card. Its always challenging to tip in drive through
    If you have the Starbucks app on your phone, there is a tipping option there! You can register your gold card/rewards card to your phone, if you don't have the app yet. You can tip in the moment, and up to 30 minutes after your purchase. You also have the right to revoke your tip (if you drive away & your drink is terrible or something). @elephantsonpatrol‌
  • Options
    I tried the chestnut praline and I *love* it.
  • Options
    yaaay chestnut praline!!  can't wait to try it.  @foxslaw is a wealth of knowledge.

re: dunkin discussion...i just moved out of NYC, and i'll admit that i hit up dunkin sometimes for their flavored iced coffee, but i can't get over the video i saw of a rat scampering around the food.  not the same location, and YES I KNOW that most basement level nyc restaurants have rats hanging out.  but i don't wanna know about it.  haha.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    foxslaw said:
    YES. We appreciate our tipping customers SO MUCH MORE. I'm happy for any amount, but if it's at least a dollar, we shed tears of joy. It's also a good way to ensure you never get "decaffed" (which I personally don't do, but I know baristas who do that to rude/demanding customers). It's kind of a thing that we don't expect it, but are thrilled when people tip us. That said, if you're a nice, patient person, I'll appreciate you no matter what.
    If you have the Starbucks app on your phone, there is a tipping option there! You can register your gold card/rewards card to your phone, if you don't have the app yet. You can tip in the moment, and up to 30 minutes after your purchase. You also have the right to revoke your tip (if you drive away & your drink is terrible or something). @elephantsonpatrol‌
    Does can I add a tip on my phone if I pay with a physical card? 

IVF#1 - BFP 6/18/13 - Tommy born sleeping 10/1/13

IVF#2 - BFN

IVF#3 - BFP 6/5/14 EDD 2/14/15 TWIN BOYS  - MATTHEW AND TIMOTHY ARRIVE 12/2/14

• Options

Everyone: you can add a tip on the phone app.

image    image   image
  • Options
    @foxslaw - you just ruined my day with the news that there will be no gingerbread latte here in WA.  Not that I knew about it to anticipate it, but rather because I know I can't get it and so I want it.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

foxslaw said:

foxslaw said:

Does can I add a tip on my phone if I pay with a physical card? 

Good question. If it's the same account, possibly. I would have to physically look at it to be sure. I can investigate tomorrow (my work mom, sue, knows EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW about the rewards club).
  • Options
    PikoPiko said:

@foxslaw - you just ruined my day with the news that there will be no gingerbread latte here in WA.  Not that I knew about it to anticipate it, but rather because I know I can't get it and so I want it.

I'm sorry! Complaining to corporate always helps (seriously!). If you have a Facebook or Twitter, especially.
  • Options
    nbad311 said:

Having you to willingly answer all our questions is pretty much the best.  I admit, it took me a while to be ok with paying more than $2 for any coffee drink hence taking me a while to come around to regular drinking of Starbucks, but you can't argue with the better customer service and the nice cleans stores - seriously, I have only ever seen 99s and 100s on their inspection certificates.  My local Dunkins is a scary shithole who always messes up my simple orders. 

@nbad311‌ they just built a dunkin doughnuts in the town next to us. I've never been there, but I'm intrigued by their bacon, egg, & cheese sandwich on a glazed doughnut.
  • Options
    @foxslaw‌ Ordered a tall half cafe pumpkin latte today! They were out of tall cups, so I got a bigger cup! (grande maybe?) Good thing it was half cafe!!
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
    CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
    Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
    Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
    3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
    3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
    3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
    March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
    BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
    4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
    4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
    4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
    5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
    6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
    6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
    6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
    Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    cls78 said:

@foxslaw‌ Ordered a tall half cafe pumpkin latte today! They were out of tall cups, so I got a bigger cup! (grande maybe?) Good thing it was half cafe!!

Yay it makes me happy when baristas are being good. :) glad you found a caffeine amount that works for you!
  • Options
    I get lots of $1 at my side job but they are a little crinkled so I just tip with the app... ;)

image    image   image
  • Options
    foxslaw said:
    Just so you addicts know... The Eggnog Latte will ONLY be available in the Pacific Northwest, and the Gingerbread Latte will be available everywhere EXCEPT the Pacific Northwest. We are also coming out with a new drink called the Chestnut Praline Latte... and of course we will have the Peppermint Mocha (which we have year round). The soft launch for these drinks (at least in my region) is November first...so everyone will probably have these by the end of the first week of November?
    Wait we're both in Texas so what will we be having?
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    I learned SO MUCH in this thread! Thank you for the "syrup pump" tip! I like my drinks but never thought about asking them to soften up the sweetness with less syrup pumps, so it's awesome that I will speak the lingo now!
    I'm trying the Frankenstein Frapp tomorrow...I've been saving my Starbucks trip all week for it

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    ***Bumping for update***
  • Options
    Yummm egg nog!
  • Options

You kind of just made my day. But now I will have a decision to make the next time I go in...eggnog latte or creme brulee?

Very likely your store doesn't have eggnog yet, so I would go caramel brûlée. :)@musicgirl524‌
  • Options

Bring on the CHEEGG (what we called a Chai made with Eggnog when I worked at S-bucks)!!!

My new favorite is a soy chai with the gingerbread syrup! @AprilRose1‌
  • Options
    Big thanks to @foxslaw‌! It never occurred to me that I could order a half-caf latte. I read this thread and then ordered one. So happy to have that option. Love your Starbucks insider knowledge. Thanks so much for sharing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"