July 2013 Moms
Options

CPW: How do you feel about nakedness?

hollandmamahollandmama member
edited October 2014 in July 2013 Moms
Showers in most of Europe's fitness centers are just open, people just get completely naked and shower in front of 5 others (at least). Last week I had trouble with that and I went topless but kept my bottom... then I felt even more awkward because every body else was entirely naked...

Question is, WWYD? How do you feel about it?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
*Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

CPW: How do you feel about nakedness? 49 votes

I just looove to get naked in front of others.
10% 5 votes
It's not a big deal if I don't know them.
67% 33 votes
It's not a big deal If I know them.
22% 11 votes

Re: CPW: How do you feel about nakedness?

• Options
    Damn! posted too soon and I couldn't include all answers... 

well, whatever, just explain here! I'm really curious because I'm considering flashing my c/s scar next time at the gym :P 
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

• Options
    @maryannespier I love the locker idea, I'm sure G would love it too because he likes getting into him wardrobe every time I open it...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd prefer to shower in a private stall and I would be be uncomfortable at first but after a little I'd be fine. Nothing here that no ones seen before.
  • Options
    hollandmamahollandmama member
    edited October 2014
    @Clyde013 there are no private stalls :( 

did you know that many many saunas in Europe require you to be completely naked to get in? No towel, no swimsuit, nothing! PLUS they are mixed most of the times... so not only you should be naked, you are also with men all around... I guess how they can keep the guy down :S 

Edit: paragraph

• Options
    I'd probably be uncomfortable in front of others I didn't know and especially men. I'm comfortable in front of my sister and mom and SO and best friends and that's about as far as my comfort zone allows.
  • Options
    Meh, I'd shower. I mean, lather & rinse yeah? I don't really care because the majority of people there most likely are there to get clean & go on with their lives.

I'd be worried about the temperature. I like my showers quite warm. I'd worry that I'd get cold!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Meh, if everyone else there was used to it, I'd probably just shower. But I've never been in that situation so I might change my mind.
  • Options
    I could never do. I am very self conscious and will only be naked in front of DH.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I could not do it. Although tons of people have seen my boobs during our 15+ month breastfeeding journey, nakedness still makes me uncomfortable.
  • Options
    I'd shower at home
  • Options
    econmama said:
    In the proper context, like a gym, I am fine with it.
    This.
  • Options
    I've showered naked with a bunch of girls when I was a teen at a camp because it was the only option and in Europe people really don't care and it's what they do. I saw lots of nudity in Europe at pools etc. In a similar situation, I probably would be ok with it, but I definitely prefer to shower alone.
  • Options
    I also prefer to shower at home, but if I did sports I prefer to shower right away and be already fresh & clean when I get home and there's a toddler wanting to hug and play with me right away... that is why I have this dilemma :P

• Options
    I'd do it, but I'd be pretty uncomfortable. It would make for one quick shower!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Byjove03 said:
    While not my most favorite prospect in the world, if it's what protocol was I could do it. My modesty since having a baby is approaching zero.

yup.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Options
    if I'm at a spa or somewhere with public dressing rooms, I usually just change as fast as I can.  I don't shower at the gym because I hate lugging all my stuff there and home again, just easier to shower when I get home.  

I also hate the fact that at our gym, there's a sign that says no opposite sex children in the changing area/lockers...so it's annoying that I have to coordinate my time in the locker room with when I can get my boys--have to drop them off and pick them up after I'm done there, and if I needed to go back in the locker room for any reason, I'd have to take them back into the daycare??
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    That sucks! @DenverBride2005

• Options
    It wouldn't bother me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No way. I don't even like to be naked in front of my husband. I think I look awful. Maybe after a boob job...Then might have a little self esteem.
  • Options
    To be sincere, I just hate my c/s scar... my boobs look horrible too but whatever... it's the scar that I think is gross to see :(

• Options
    I'm a nudist.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Eh, nudity doesn't really bother me. I spent enough time in locker rooms and such that it's NBD. I'd probably be a bit surprised about a coed sauna or whatever, but if everyone's just doing their own thing I guess I'd just roll with it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"