LGBT Parenting

Ten Things Tuesday

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

Let's see your 10 things. Ready, go! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********

Re: Ten Things Tuesday

• 1. I have to go to the DMV today to get my vision checked before I can renew my license.  That makes me feel old! 

2.  work is sooo quiet this week.  I should be on vacation next week!  (not planning much so it may get delayed if my boss gets back late from his vacation)

3. We are working on our budgets this week to see if DW can be a SAHM.  It was really interesting & helpful to read the opinions/ thoughts on here.  

4.  We will meet with a financial adviser while I'm off next week.  Should be able to learn some things there, too. 

5.  OH- i have to check our Keno tixx we bought on the way out of foxwoods !

6. That was tough and i have no idea if we won anything, but if we did it was probably $1 lol

7. Just found some articles to keep me busy reading for a few... 

8. Maybe I'll start our christmas lists... 

9. I hate that I can't be unavailable for a weekend (which really ended up being a few hours because i was checking emails/texts...)  without some kind of screw up happening at work

10.  I can't get through the day without at least 5 pieces of gum.  (since being PG)
    Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    First IUI (L) 5/27/2014 triggered- BFP
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• 1. I am still feeling super discouraged about this cycle. I've been trying to check CM too along with temps and haven't noticed anything, and I typically start getting that a few days before ovulation. I'm really hoping that my temp drops in a few days because I'm going to be super bummed if I ovulated super early.

2. Work is crazy right now. Our Asst Director put in her notice and is leaving the middle/end of November. So now we don't have a director or an asst director.

3. Plus we've had three more girls give their two week notice in the past week (plus another girl quit on the spot) so we're on the verge of being short staffed again.

4. I'm contemplating applying for the asst director's position.

5. Just the thought of applying stresses me out. I've been on literally three job interviews my whole life. I don't job hop so once I get hired, I stick with it. So the thought of applying for such a high level job scares the crap out of me.

6. Plus I don't think I'll get the position so I don't want to get my hopes up and then be let down.

7. I can't wait for Halloween so I can go trick or treating with my niece!

8. I wish we had the money to go on vacation. I could use one.

9. We have been low on kids all week at work (and will be for the rest of the week) it's so nice being able to get stuff done!

10. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. I am a major slacker and miss interacting with this group

2. This weekend is full of activities ,I hope Lennon doesn't mind the time in the car

3. Why does the baby decide to fall asleep in the car upon arriving home when I reallyyyyy need to pee but don't want to wake her

4. I wish my wife didn't have to work, and we could just win the lottery then hang out together with the baby all day

5. What's for dinner??

6. Curious how everyone on this board has been lately!

7. I wonder if hosting a holiday party this Xmas season is worth it this year

8. Trying to decide on non toy Xmas gifts for Lennon this year..as i know family will be asking what to buy her soon

9. Loving this fall weather!

10. I still need to pee
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @2momsintx "4. I couldn’t hold out and POAS today- nada, but it’s only 5dp5dt so it’s still a bit early I think. I had a glimmer of hope which was nice."

I'm rooting for you!!!!!!

@YBnormal85‌ -8. Trying to decide on non toy Xmas gifts for Lennon this year..as i know family will be asking what to buy her soon

We asked for $ for her college fund! And I made an Amazon wish list of higher end "gift" level clothes I wouldn't typically buy. We did get her a special doll and we'll get her an ornament each year so I'm doing that, and a stocking.
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• 1. I am obsessed with thinking about Christmas this year! I am beyond excited! I am so glad this came up! We also made an Amazon wish list of clothes, books and other things for Will. Lots of family has been asking, and we thought this would be easier for everyone, and will hopefully mean less things that we won't use/will return. I feel badly returning gifts, but I feel worse keeping things we will never use. We still have merchandise credit to a handful of stores from returns of gifts given to us when Will was born.

2. In terms of what we are going to give him for Christmas... my wife has an old toy chest that her grandfather made for her when she was little. She is planning to sand it down, carve Will's initials in it, and paint it. Then we are going to fill the toy chest with his gifts from us. We are almost done with our Christmas shopping for him. Mostly little things, lots of new books, some wooden toys, some new winter PJs... we are going to wrap everything in brown paper so that he can rip it off (with help) and we won't have to worry if the paper ends up in his mouth (it will!).

3. My newest obsession has become researching family vehicles for the future. Something with three rows of seats. I am currently torn between mini van and large SUV. There are pros and cons to both. I am doing my research now in hopes that we know what we want when it comes time to buy. That and because I need something to obsess over, and real estate listings were starting to bum me out.

4. This is my weekly mention of my discontent with work. I shall not bore you further on this topic. That is all.

5. I am anxiously awaiting PIP Thursday. I have lots to share this week! :)

6. My maternity leave feels so long ago. Actually, it feels like it never happened. It is strange.

7. I am ready to be pregnant again. Yeah, I know I am crazy, whatever! Honestly, if money grew on trees (if we were already in a bigger house and had a nice cushy savings with plenty of extra), I think I would tell my wife that I want to start TTC again in January. Alas, that is not going to happen because money does not in fact grow on trees. I also need to lose the rest of this pesky weight before I try to get pregnant again. Details, details. More and more I have been feeling like I want a big family... I am not sure where this is coming from...

8. So, a coworker of mine (not someone I work directly with, or someone I have a friendship with) just returned from maternity leave. She seems to be really struggling with being back. I know she is pumping, as she is using the lactation room, and due to my proximity to the lactation room, I know she is in there A LOT. Like a lot, a lot. I am so not judging, by the way. Just observing. She also looks like she is on the verge of tears most of the time. I tried to strike up a conversation with her the other day, and she clearly wanted no part of it. She was actually quite rude. I feel badly....

9. Today's high is 74. On Saturday, we might have snow flurries. Seriously?!?!

10. I'm thinking about starting another "Hot Topics" thread... any thoughts on a good hot topic?

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • KH826 said:

1. I am obsessed with thinking about Christmas this year! I am beyond excited! I am so glad this came up! We also made an Amazon wish list of clothes, books and other things for Will. Lots of family has been asking, and we thought this would be easier for everyone, and will hopefully mean less things that we won't use/will return. I feel badly returning gifts, but I feel worse keeping things we will never use. We still have merchandise credit to a handful of stores from returns of gifts given to us when Will was born.

2. In terms of what we are going to give him for Christmas... my wife has an old toy chest that her grandfather made for her when she was little. She is planning to sand it down, carve Will's initials in it, and paint it. Then we are going to fill the toy chest with his gifts from us. We are almost done with our Christmas shopping for him. Mostly little things, lots of new books, some wooden toys, some new winter PJs... we are going to wrap everything in brown paper so that he can rip it off (with help) and we won't have to worry if the paper ends up in his mouth (it will!).

3. My newest obsession has become researching family vehicles for the future. Something with three rows of seats. I am currently torn between mini van and large SUV. There are pros and cons to both. I am doing my research now in hopes that we know what we want when it comes time to buy. That and because I need something to obsess over, and real estate listings were starting to bum me out.

4. This is my weekly mention of my discontent with work. I shall not bore you further on this topic. That is all.

5. I am anxiously awaiting PIP Thursday. I have lots to share this week! :)

6. My maternity leave feels so long ago. Actually, it feels like it never happened. It is strange.

7. I am ready to be pregnant again. Yeah, I know I am crazy, whatever! Honestly, if money grew on trees (if we were already in a bigger house and had a nice cushy savings with plenty of extra), I think I would tell my wife that I want to start TTC again in January. Alas, that is not going to happen because money does not in fact grow on trees. I also need to lose the rest of this pesky weight before I try to get pregnant again. Details, details. More and more I have been feeling like I want a big family... I am not sure where this is coming from...

8. So, a coworker of mine (not someone I work directly with, or someone I have a friendship with) just returned from maternity leave. She seems to be really struggling with being back. I know she is pumping, as she is using the lactation room, and due to my proximity to the lactation room, I know she is in there A LOT. Like a lot, a lot. I am so not judging, by the way. Just observing. She also looks like she is on the verge of tears most of the time. I tried to strike up a conversation with her the other day, and she clearly wanted no part of it. She was actually quite rude. I feel badly....

9. Today's high is 74. On Saturday, we might have snow flurries. Seriously?!?!

10. I'm thinking about starting another "Hot Topics" thread... any thoughts on a good hot topic?

We decided to get a family car after Lennon arrived.we went with a Honda pilot as it has the third row and four wheel drive, we LOVE it! I have the third row down for now and have a diaper changing area back there.couldn't be more happy with it :-) ps.glad to see another Christmas fan here!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1. I haven't posted it feels like forever, maybe a few weeks. I think about it, but I'm always so behind and I feel bad for not replying to others posts. I'm also rarely on our laptop because of having toddlers around trying to grab everything.
    2. But I have some time while I'm going in and out of M and K 's room trying to get them to nap, I thought I would attempt a post.
    3. Adalyn will be two months tomorrow, I just can't believe it. M is 2 years 8 months and K is 14 months. Time is just flying by.
    4. Having 3 under 3 is no joke. I knew it would be hard, but I struggle with different things than I thought I would.
    5. M is acting out and also developing some excessive fidgeting, nail biting, nose picking, ect. I feel guilty because I'm sure some of it is due to the change of having a new baby, I also think inconsistent visits with her mom is a contributing factor.
    6. K isn't a baby anymore, she walks, kind of talks and def has a stubborn streak in her. I can't pump or breast feed with her on the loose, she gets into stuff on purpose. So I try to pump in the morning before my wife leaves for work and I feed Adalyn when K is down for naps or eating lunch.
    7. If I'm being honest I would say the bad days outnumber the good right now, but I know this is just a phase and it will pass. I feel bad for my wife, I haven't been the happiest person to be around lately. She understands though and does so much to help out when she can.
    8. I'm overwhelmed thinking about Christmas this year. We've had a few financial hiccups this year and are stretched thinner than I like. I have no idea how we are going to manage Christmas for three kids, plus my nephew on top of the family we usually buy for. I know we can make it small and not spend alot of money, but I hate feeling judged by the rest of my family that we won't go all out.
    9. I get stressed around the holidays every year because of family drama, the financial aspect and scheduling to accommodate everyone. Thanksgiving tends to be my favorite because it seems like stressful yet everyone still gets together. This year my grandma is coming up from Florida and will get to meet Adalyn and Tucker, her great grand babies. We are also having them baptized that weekend so she can be here. I'm looking forward to that.
    10. I think two of the three babies are asleep, I call that a success right now. I'm going to attempt to get something accomplished around the house. Have a good day everyone.
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• 1. Just got back from story time at a local library and lunch with three mom friends I met in our childbirth education class. Super fun!

2. Tomorrow we host our PEPS group...total of 15 adults plus 7 newborns in our tiny house. I ordered fixins for BBQ pork sandwiches from J's cafe to keep my life easy. Still, there are so many little things/details you stop seeing until you really look. Like why are there three flower vases out on the kitchen windowsill?

3. Started our packing list for our trip. Ug, yikes, etc.

4. Got our baby announcements in today!!! I'm happy as I promised myself to have them out by end of Oct. And it just might happen!

5. I'm almost done with my big return/donate/craigslist/consign all my unused new baby stuff! Awesome to clear out but still seems like we have *so much stuff* for a little 11lb creature.

6. Despite feeling a wee overwhelmed about traveling with a baby, I'm excited to be someplace else. I'm loving my maternity leave and time with Simone but I've been in the house *a lot* and niw that it's raining, it will be a lot more...so a change of pace/scenery will be exciting!

8. I am also excited for Christmas! We're only doing her doll I got, a special first Christmas ornament and some stocking stuffers. She won't remember this one, she'll get gifts from family, and god knows we've spent and continue to spend plenty on this kid. :) here's her doll:

9. I'm excited for Halloween and Simone's Princess Leia costume!

10. My kid has pooped on one person and a friends swing in the past two days. I feel bad, but still every poo is a celebration in our house!!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• 1. It's 1:33am and I just finished working on Halloween decorations for EV's work.  I have to go and wake Owen (he's in the swing) and nurse and put him down in the crib and I'm terrified he wont go to sleep. Between the two boys I was up 8 times last night (after staying up late working on Halloween decorations).  I'm tired :(

2. EV said if we're so serious about craft projects now "what will it be like when the boys are in school"...  I'm a bit scared - lol

3. Life is pretty awesome despite being so busy.  Our first catering gig went really well. We have some stuff lined up for December already but nothing in November so my goal is to get gigs booked :-).  I can tell EV's waffling between trying to be the supportive wife and worrying that this won't pan out.  I can't say that I haven't had the same worry.  But I feel excited and positive about the potential and I try to focus on that.  Plus I'm getting paid (I'm paying myself essentially) for Sunday's gig. It's not going to make me rich but it is money. Yay!

4. Owen is teething like crazy. He took a short nap this morning and refused another nap until 5pm. I only let him sleep for a little while so he'd go to sleep at 8, which he fought too.  

5. Kaden now likes to talk about what we're going to do the next day. He gets so excited that sometimes it keeps him from falling asleep at night.  We practice taking deep breaths to try and inspire relaxation.  

6. This morning I would have written 10 totally different things but I guess my brain has shut itself off.

7. Tomorrow we're going to meet up with my sister-in-law and take her pup to the dog park.

8. I am covered in paint but I really just want to go straight to bed....

9. I would love to start Owen on solid food but EV is resistant. I think maybe she's afraid Owen's growing up too fast. I have to agree. Can he really be almost 6 MONTHS old???? No way.

10.  I'm not that fond of the weather and short daylight hours but I do love the holidays.  I can't wait to take Kaden trick or treating for the first time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"