October 2013 Moms

Hello ladies!

OhSewCraftyOhSewCrafty member
edited October 2014 in October 2013 Moms
Hey everyone, I'm OhSewCrafty and I come bearing gifts!

I'm going to be the pseudo-mod stand in until new mods are appointed. There are a few IT fixes coming down the pipeline, so the Bump Gods wanted to put a hold on adding new mods to prevent confusion. I don't have an October 2013 baby, but I have an October (2010) baby and a (March) 2013 baby, does that count?!

Hope you don't mind me hanging around a bit! Please let me know if you have any questions, issues, or expectations as a community; do you want me to post, not post, lurk in the shadows and swoop in when there is a question/problem? Lemme know! I'm here to help!

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

Re: Hello ladies!

• I agree with the others feel free to post and help keep the board alive. I think at this stage in the game we are pretty tame...lol
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the warm welcome! :-D

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

• missgpsu said:
    @ohsewcrafty I noticed your daughter's diagnosis.  I was curious, what is that?  If you don't want to reply, it is none of my business, so I understand.  I was just wondering.
    Oh, no worries @missgpsu. It's rare, so I don't expect people to know about it, but knowledge is power and all that jazz.

Her body lacks something called 21 Hydroxylase. It's an ingredient in the production of cortisol, which is an important stress hormone in your body. When you're under stress (mostly, physiological, like an illness or injury, but sometimes emotional too), your body regulates the cortisol level through chemical messages. Cortisol protects your organs, regulates your blood pressure and blood sure, and allows you to maintain homeostasis while under stress. For Ginny, she cannot produce cortisol, so she needs medication (hydrocortisone tablets) everyday for the rest of her life. When she's ill, gets injured, or if she has surgery, she needs an increased dose to compensate. On a day to day basis, it's fine. She takes meds, life goes on. With how suddenly kids can get sick or injured, however, it can be kind of scary. If she spikes a fever or starts vomiting, for instance, she can go into shock if she doesn't get her meds quickly.

Though it's rare, this is actually something screened for on the newborn screening because it can be so harmful without quick diagnosis and medication.

Welcome! You post on Special Needs board too? I think I recognize your avatar.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • bkeane619 said:
    missgpsu said:
    @ohsewcrafty I noticed your daughter's diagnosis.  I was curious, what is that?  If you don't want to reply, it is none of my business, so I understand.  I was just wondering.
    Oh, no worries @missgpsu. It's rare, so I don't expect people to know about it, but knowledge is power and all that jazz.

Her body lacks something called 21 Hydroxylase. It's an ingredient in the production of cortisol, which is an important stress hormone in your body. When you're under stress (mostly, physiological, like an illness or injury, but sometimes emotional too), your body regulates the cortisol level through chemical messages. Cortisol protects your organs, regulates your blood pressure and blood sure, and allows you to maintain homeostasis while under stress. For Ginny, she cannot produce cortisol, so she needs medication (hydrocortisone tablets) everyday for the rest of her life. When she's ill, gets injured, or if she has surgery, she needs an increased dose to compensate. On a day to day basis, it's fine. She takes meds, life goes on. With how suddenly kids can get sick or injured, however, it can be kind of scary. If she spikes a fever or starts vomiting, for instance, she can go into shock if she doesn't get her meds quickly.

Though it's rare, this is actually something screened for on the newborn screening because it can be so harmful without quick diagnosis and medication.

Thank you! Yes, I have posted in the past - first asking if anyone else had experience with my daughter's condition (back when she was diagnosed) and more recently about getting my almost 4 year old evaluated for ASD. We're still in the waiting for a meeting stage of that game, unfortunately.

• bkeane619 said:
    missgpsu said:

Thank you! Yes, I have posted in the past - first asking if anyone else had experience with my daughter's condition (back when she was diagnosed) and more recently about getting my almost 4 year old evaluated for ASD. We're still in the waiting for a meeting stage of that game, unfortunately.

We just had meeting with SD regarding DS's evals this past month. Just started therapy and new school this week. See you over there too! GL!
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"