July 2014 Moms

Meal planning Monday

What's everyone having for dinner this week? I need to steal some ideas. :D

Re: Meal planning Monday

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I signed up for Emeals.com.  It's $10 for 3 months of meal ideas (plus a free 14 day trial).  Once I get money to buy the stuff and not living off of peanut butter sandwiches, I think it will be a lifesaver.  I signed up for the "Clean Eating" plan. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Monday- Korean beef w/ jasmine rice and edamame
    Tuesday- chicken meatballs in Parmesan sauce
    Wednesday- shrimp tacos
    Thursday- skinny chicken Alfredo
    Friday- chili
    Saturday- we will be eating out
    Sunday- homemade pizza
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm only cooking three times. We'll eat leftovers the night after I make each meal.

Turkey burgers and oven fries
    Enchiladas and salsa rice
    Crockpot beef stew and rolls
  • This week consists of chili and cornbread, tacos, homemade chicken noodle soup, homemade chicken pot pie, and dinner out one night.

Last week we tried 3 new recipes: roast beef on hoagie buns with spicy sweet potato fries, homemade pizza puffs and salads, and a salsa chicken bake. Pinterest at its best.
  • This is my 2nd week of actually planning meals in advance and prepping for the week ahead.  

Last night was hamburgers and homemade french fries
    tonight- chicken and stuffing
    Tuesday- Brats with peppers and cheesy potatoes
    Wednesday- Leftover night
    Thursday- Jamaican Jerk Chicken on Caesar Salad
    Friday- Husband picks up dinner

• JLHV1909 said:
    This is my 2nd week of actually planning meals in advance and prepping for the week ahead.  

Last night was hamburgers and homemade french fries
    tonight- chicken and stuffing
    Tuesday- Brats with peppers and cheesy potatoes
    Wednesday- Leftover night
    Thursday- Jamaican Jerk Chicken on Caesar Salad
    Friday- Husband picks up dinner

This sounds so good! Well, all of it does actually.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Here's our plan for the week:

M/Tu: Spanish chicken and rice and salad
    W/Th: Pasta with turkey meatballs and green beans
    F/Sa: Black bean burgers with sweet potato fries and broccoli
    image image

• So far all I have planned is Spaghetti and meatballs, philly cheesesteaks and pita pizzas...
  • Don't have the meals in line with days but...
    Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
    Southwest Creamy Chicken Soup with grilled cheese
    Thai chicken lettuce wraps
    Veggie burgers with grilled squash and potatoes
    Tacos

This will be a combo between this week and next week since DH is out of town Tues/Wed/Thurs this week :-/
  • I have pork going in the crock pot for pulled pork for dinner, but also made lentil loaf for lunch... so...

Monday:  Pulled pork/lentil loaf (pork for dinner)
    Tuesday:  Lentil loaf/pulled pork (leftovers)
    Wednesday:  I might roast a whole chicken
    Thursday: Leftover chicken
    Friday:  Might get some takeout if I can get my husband to run to the taco place :)
    *SIGGY*
    Baby G born 6/6/14, 37 weeks 1 day due to preeclampsia.  5lb12oz 19"
    #2 due Christmas 2016. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Monday - roasted chicken legs, broccoli, sweet potato
    Tuesday - shrimp scampi with spaghetti
    Wednesday - sausage pizza, salad
    Thursday - honey dijon chicken thighs, spinach, green beans
    Friday - probably Halloween candy....

TTC since October 2012

BFP#1 1/11/13, EDD 9/19/13, M/C at 9wk6dy 

BFP#2 11/12/13, DS born 7/28/14!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage

image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chart

Everyone is welcome

• bullybutt said:
    I signed up for Emeals.com.  It's $10 for 3 months of meal ideas (plus a free 14 day trial).  Once I get money to buy the stuff and not living off of peanut butter sandwiches, I think it will be a lifesaver.  I signed up for the "Clean Eating" plan. 
    Why did I not know this existed?
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore

• bullybutt said:

I signed up for Emeals.com.  It's $10 for 3 months of meal ideas (plus a free 14 day trial).  Once I get money to buy the stuff and not living off of peanut butter sandwiches, I think it will be a lifesaver.  I signed up for the "Clean Eating" plan. 

Why did I not know this existed?

There was an amazon deal for this a while back but I couldnt get DH on board - basically he said we go to his parents or out to eat, or when I work til 9 he wont want to make the meal for that day. Who cares? Its a recipe its not like it expires!
  • M- Mediterranean stuffed chicken breast and asparagus
    T- Mushroom ravioli and green beans
    W- Chicken taco chili over rice
    Th-Leftovers
    F- Pizza and Halloween candy

• @mamalacy21‌ tat sounds so good! I'm definitely stealing it!
  • cookiemomma14cookiemomma14 member
    edited October 2014

@mamalacy21 the hit recipe this week was the crockpot chicken tacos. Take 6 (5 oz portion sized or palm size) chicken breasts and place in the crock pot. Season with one packet of taco seasoning. Put two cans of your favorite rotel on top. I used a zesty lime and cilantro and mild can. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. The chicken literally falls apart and does not need to be taken out to be shredded. It creates a yummy chicken filling for tacos, enchiladas, or whatever else you want!

Edit: crackpot and "crock pot" are not the same auto correct!

• Made up my own enchilada "recipe." Browned a pound of ground turkey, drained off the fat, then added a can of rinsed/drained black beans and a bunch of cumin, ancho chili powder, garlic powder, a bit of salsa (1/2 cup?) and a handful of shredded cheddar. Rolled this filling up in flour tortillas and topped with Trader Joe's enchilada sauce and more shredded cheddar. Baked at 400 for about 20 minutes then topped the enchiladas with sour cream and diced avocado. Tasty!
  • Wow, you girls are all an inspiration! My husband would love it if I would cook dinners every night, unfortunately it's been low on my priority list, I usually only get about one dinner in per week, ha, I'm such a loser! How do you do it? My husband usually doesn't get home until 7 and I feel like whenever I try to cook my LO needs attention. Also going to the grocery store is such a pain, I usually just get a handful of things each time. Any suggestions?
  • @Monicalynnsd‌ freezer cooking and the crockpot!
  • I also have to plan meals on Saturday and grocery shop then or it doesn't happen. I usually leave DS with DH, so the grocery store has become me time haha. I also found, that trying new recipes helps. If I get tired of cooking the same old thing, that's usually when we start eating out more. Picky Palate, and Pioneer Woman are two websites where I've found some really yummy recipes!

This week's favorite recipe was Korean Beef. It was really good, and quick to get together!

1lb ground beef
    1/2 tsp ginger
    1/4 cup soy sauce
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    1 tbsp sesame oil
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    pinch of salt and pepper

1. Brown ground beef in a pan over medium heat w/ garlic & sesame oil. Drain fat
    2. Mix ginger, soy sauce, salt, pepper & brown sugar together
    3. Add sauce to the meat. Allow to simmer

I made some Jasmine Rice in the rice cooker and served the meat on top of it. We also had Edamame. Sams Club sells the microwaveable Edamame, and it's a favorite in my house!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"