September 2013 Moms
Options

Recommend your toybox

I've decided to get DD a toybox for Christmas and I've been looking at reviews and having a really hard time deciding. Has anyone purchased this one? The reviews are kind of mixed saying it's not worth the price and some are also saying it's a great product. Any recommendations?

Re: Recommend your toybox

• Options
    I love the idea of a toybox, but I am worried about the lid slamming down on fingers. 

I really like the storagepalooza and the toy chest (elephant) from Land of Nod. 

Right now, we are using two Vessla storage bins from Ikea. LO enjoys taking out, no wait, dumping out all the toys and plays with the box all day.
  • Options
    We just use a basket. As the PP mentioned, no fingers getting pinched and our LO loves pulling toys out and putting them back in as a game.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    krose0713krose0713 member
    edited October 2014
    We have something like this with turquoise baskets and cushion to match her playroom

https://www.serenaandlily.com/Baby/Baby-Storage-Campaign-Storage-Bench

ETA: we don't have that exact one, that one costs $375, yikes. Ours is from Target, haha.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh yes I love those cube shelves! We have one also but I find it's lacking storage abilities for larger toys.

@ajaan113‌ The toy box is actually made to avoid slamming or pinching little fingers. ( I have no experience though to say it actually works but for the most part looks like the gap would be too big to even touch fingers )
  • Options
    We have one from pottery barn kids and love it. We got it in white and her name is written on the front in navy. It looks like a traditional toy box but doesn't have a lid at all. You can definitely see toys peeking out the top but DD can reach in and pull things out on her own and I don't have to worry about pinched fingers. Things are still put away so I don't mind that you can see them in there.
  • Options
    I was going to get this, before I realized it was $60.

So instead, I went with this, minus the lid. Also mine is in purple (even though LO is a boy) because F it, I like purple and I figure I'll be the one stuck cleaning up his toys most of the time anyway.
    EDD 9/3/13
  • Options
    HBirdieHBirdie member
    edited November 2014
    Ours is huge but doesn't take up a ton of space, and it was free. It's called the floor.

No but really, we have a 4x4 IKEA cube shelf with baskets and he just entertains himself by pulling allllll the toys off. All the time.

Edit typo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"