May 2014 Moms

Drooping eyelid?

Bacon2Bacon2 member
edited October 2014 in May 2014 Moms
LO is 5 months. I had noticed one eye a little smaller around 2 months. I figured since she was still changing/ growing it would fix it self, but it seems to be getting worse. Or just more noticeable.
I'm in Texas till Nov so I can't get her in to see her doc till then..
Has anyone experienced this?

Re: Drooping eyelid?

• Added picture so you can what I'm talking about. I'm not sure if it's a drooping eyelid or if the eye is just smaller than the other..
  • Is it possible that it is swollen? DD's right eye looks smaller than the left eye - she has a blocked tear duct and will get some discharge throughout the day. Does your baby have a blocked tear duct?

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Bacon2Bacon2 member
    edited October 2014
    @Jcrewgirl85‌ Not sure. Never thought of a blocked tear duct. But she doesn't have any discharge.
  • Thanks everyone =)
  • I know this was posted a couple days ago, but I made a login so I could reply and didn't know about the wait period. Anyways, I wanted to tell you that my DD had one eyelid a lot lower than the other since birth. I was told by pedi to take her to the eye dr where she was diagnosed with ptosis. It's not anything serious unless the eyelid is blocking part of the pupil. Which hers was, so she had an outpatient procedure and it cleared up the issue. Now hers is only slightly lower than the other, which most people have. I just wanted to tell you my experience with this because there could be issues down the road with eyesight if the eyelid is blocking the pupil any. I hope this helps.
  • Oh, those cutie cheeks!!  

To me, it looks like it could be a very minor ptosis (which could be from being tired, swelling from a blocked tear duct, or weakened lavator muscle). If you keep noticing it, see a pediatric ophthalmologist for peace of mind.

My baby's left eyelid only opens about 1/2 way; she was diagnosed by a pediatric ophthalmologist with congenital ptosis. We noticed the droopy eyelid right away in the hospital after she was born. The hospital pediatrician kind of blew us off about it.  It's definitely a cosmetic issue, but can cause sight problems if the upper lid or lashes block the pupil.
  • Bacon, see my cuteness below with her droopy left eye.
  • It looks a little swollen. First thought is clogged tear duct.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Thank you @murraythemummy‌ and @fruitcakes02‌. I called pedi and he said he will see us at her 6 month check up next month. He did mention everything you both stated. So thank you for the advice.
  • Bacon, see my cuteness below with her droopy left eye.

She's adorable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"